Will ATS or even ETS2 ever make it to consoles?

Zekumas

Will ATS or even ETS2 ever make it to consoles?

#1 Post by Zekumas » 21 Apr 2017 22:35

This by far is my largest question since consoles tend to remain active for years after release, yet PCs you need to constantly update with parts.

So my question, though I'm sure I'm asking in the wrong area, will American Truck Simulator or Euro Truck Simulator 2 ever get released on a console like PS4 or Xbox One?
Axel Slingerland

Re: Will ATS or even ETS2 ever make it to consoles?

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 21 Apr 2017 22:59

If you go by the answers to that question in any of the many threads similar to this one, the answer is no. SCS is a PC game developer. They don't do consoles.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
sanityfree

#3 Post by sanityfree » 21 Apr 2017 23:45

Why would you want it on console? PCs don't NEED to be constantly updated, people just WANT to update to stay current.

My last PC was low budget and could play ets2 nicely without upgrades, and that was 3 years ago. A few upgrades here and there made it pretty beastly for a while. Now I've built a new one and went powerhouse.

I was a console fanatic until I bought a PS4. That hunk of junk turned me away from consoles forever.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Apr 2017 08:09

if you want to play only ETS/ATS on PC you don't need to upgrade, the system requirements didn't change since release of the Scandinavia DLC and, maybe, never will again

and the first most reason for no Console release is that the ATS/ETS Engine doesn't work with consoles and they would to have to spilt the team again for the Console versions besides the ETS and ATS team
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
angrybirdseller

#5 Post by angrybirdseller » 22 Apr 2017 09:15

Not opposed to the idea but I do not see it likely happening. Only own Wii and 3ds consoles as love my 80s era Nintendo games and Mario Kart:).
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 23 Apr 2017 20:08

CARL1992 wrote:...the first most reason for no Console release is that the ATS/ETS Engine doesn't work with consoles and they would to have to spilt the team again for the Console versions besides the ETS and ATS team
They actually could do that. After they released ETS2 on Steam, and they got a ton of sales (over 3.5 million copies at the moment), they finally hit the well deserved big time and their bank accounts got fat for a change. So if they were so inclined, they could add new teams for just about anything. But the key reason they don't do that (as far as I know) is that they have no interest in doing it. If they did, they would. It's the same as making an MP game, they most certainly could do it. It's just not what they want to do. But just like anyone else, the bosses at SCS can change their minds any time the mood strikes them. So ya just never know...
[ external image ]

gekco

#7 Post by gekco » 28 May 2017 21:43

You don't NEED to upgrade your PC, my PC hasn't been upgraded in 5-6 YEARS and I just now need to start upgrading.

Those who feel they need to / are constantly upgrading:
1. Have the money to do so.
2. Want the best graphics possible.
3. Want the best FPS.
4. You're doing something wrong when you're building.

You can build a PC and have it last a long time. The more money you pay up front the longer the PC will last without upgrading. The less money you pay the quicker you'll need to upgrade, simple.
Blackspots

#8 Post by Blackspots » 29 May 2017 05:31

Regardless of what you might think Gekco, people (like me), like to keep up with technology. I usually try for every 2-3 years. It used to be pretty much yearly when I first started in 1998, but back then things progressed faster.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Axel Slingerland

#9 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 May 2017 09:17

I used to feel that way too. Then I realized I was wasting a lot of money "keeping up with the Jones's". I don't think I need to spend a small fortune on a computer just because someone else did. Now I only upgrade something in my computer if it breaks.

Sure, I would love to have a hot rod computer. Who wouldn't? But then again, I'd love to have a Lamborghini too. And a mansion in the country with a lake next to it, and my own private mountain range... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

IonutL

#10 Post by IonutL » 29 May 2017 13:26

But you can, just call 1-800-OWN-IT and our operators will present you with our extremely personalized offers, just for you.
First minute of call is free, after that, the next ones will be 2,49/second.]. Different fees may apply. Terms and conditions can be found on our webpage: http://www.iownitandyouwantit.lender

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”