Coinsurance

suprimos

Coinsurance

#1 Post by suprimos » 26 Feb 2016 19:36

How does the coinsurance work? What makes it go up, and what makes it go down? Struggeling to figure it out.
TwinShadow

Re: Coinsurance

#2 Post by TwinShadow » 27 Feb 2016 04:55

Basically, a part of it helps pay for repairs so you're not fronting the entire bill.

As to the up/down factor, I believe its how safe of a drive you are and how many tickets you tend to accumulate. Last I checked, I'm at 2% which is pretty dang low. That 2% I believe is what I have to pay for general repairs and such. The less unsafe you are, IE hitting cars, running lights, etc... the higher the co-pay is that you'll end up having to pay for the repair bill.
Truemac

#3 Post by Truemac » 27 Feb 2016 05:18

That's pretty much it. The safer you drive, the more your insurance is willing to cover you for repairs and maintenance. Had a friend who had a ridiculously bad luck stream for a few days in multiplayer where he was constantly getting tickets and damaging his loads. It got to the point where his insurance had essentially dropped him and he was paying the full cost.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4 Post by Mohegan13 » 27 Feb 2016 09:44

Have crashes with vehicles = Coinsurance goes up 1% per crash

Have no accidents per job = coinsurance does down 1%. (I'm not entirely sure if down is per job or distance related)

It's also possible that getting other fines like speeding may stop the coinsurance dropping, even if you have an other wise clean run.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Tigerclaw

#5 Post by Tigerclaw » 27 Feb 2016 10:19

Then multi player is gonna be a bitch with all those trolls lol. Their insurance is gonna drop them like hot cakes lmao.

Ain't gonna be much better for the innocent either :?

Tony
Tony
little_ghost

#6 Post by little_ghost » 22 Nov 2016 09:28

Moh1336 wrote:Have crashes with vehicles = Coinsurance goes up 1% per crash
Have no accidents per job = coinsurance does down 1%. (I'm not entirely sure if down is per job or distance related)
It's also possible that getting other fines like speeding may stop the coinsurance dropping, even if you have an other wise clean run.
Is there anything more known about how the coinsurance is calculated?
I've been wondering how about how to get it down. (up is not a problem)

Googled around and read various sites/forums but no one seems to know....
Tigerclaw

#7 Post by Tigerclaw » 22 Nov 2016 10:30

To bring your co-insurance down, all you have to do is keep driving safe. You do that constantly, and you'll notice that it comes down % by % until it's low again. NOT an easy task in MP, but quite doable in single player. It DOES take quite a bit of time though, and many, many jobs for it to come down. As for the actual calculations, maybe an SCS dev can enlighten us of the formula. It takes weeks or months of in game though, that I do know.
Tony
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#8 Post by Mohegan13 » 22 Nov 2016 11:09

Bare in mind, it does take longer to decrease. I think the gain is 0.05% and loss is 0.01%

Don't hit things and it will drop.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Max
SCS Software

#9 Post by Max » 23 Nov 2016 09:05

in bank data, you have insurance_data unit that keeps all info. so you can experiment .. ;)

but if you just want answer (spoiler alert):

starting, minimum and maximum values are clear.
increase/decrease are handled per day with/without accident. increase is weighted by seriousness of accident (%damage).
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
wolfedg

#10 Post by wolfedg » 22 Feb 2017 13:46

Hmm this gives me an idea for another moneysink in the game. They should add fault to the insurance. If you go around causing crashes you(and your insurance if you have any) should foot the bill for the vehicles or even roadsigns you damage/destroy. And of course they need to fix those issues where the AI crashes into the side of your truckwhilst blindly merging or at least put the fault on them.

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”