Starting setup ideas

TheNewGuy94

Starting setup ideas

#1 Post by TheNewGuy94 » 15 Mar 2017 02:42

What's up everybody. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the PC world so I need some help. I'm wanting to get a setup for this game primarily but may try some other driving sim games later down the road. I'm looking for ideas for a set up to get me started in this area of gaming. Starting at the PC itself all the way to the wheel and shifter. Any ideas will be grateful.
Axel Slingerland

Re: Starting setup ideas

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 15 Mar 2017 06:47

I look at it like this... The better the computer you buy, the better it will run the games. So if you buy the best computer that you can afford, with at least Windows 7 (not an upgrade from an older version!), a 3Ghz multi-core CPU, 8Gb of RAM, 1Tb 7,200 RPM Hard Drive and a high quality video card with at least 2Gb of memory, it should be adequate for ATS and ETS2. In fact, I think the recommended system requirements for these games should be the minimum system requirements... They will run on the minimum systems, but you'll get much better performance out of a system that meets the recommended system requirements.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Rig Runner

Re: Starting setup ideas

#3 Post by Rig Runner » 28 Apr 2017 17:19

as he said, but for video card, if you want max settings, i would recommend nvidia 1070 or 980.

Return to “Help center - player to player”