Move camera in Bumper view

crow357

Move camera in Bumper view

#1 Post by crow357 » 20 Jan 2017 22:53

Is there a way or mod to move the camera on the bumper(6) or roof(4) with the mouse like you can in camera view 1 or 2?
Axel Slingerland

Re: Move camera in Bumper view

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 20 Jan 2017 23:23

If it's the same as in ETS2, and it just might be, you'll need to extract the def.scs file using the scs_extractor.exe file from SCS's website. Then open the def\camera\units\bumper_basic.sii file, and the position of your "seat" is set in the following line:

camera_offset: (0.0, 1.5, -0.1)

You will need to put the files into a temporary location, using the same folder structure, def\camera\units\.

After you make a backup of the file so you can see how it originally is any time you need to, you can experiment with those numbers a little at a time, such as (0.1, 1.5, -0.1) and (0.2, 1.5, -0.1), and see what they do. I just wanted to raise my seat up to the normal height for a truck, so I set mine like this, (0.0, 2.0, -0.1).

In order to make and test a mod, make your edits and zip the folder from the def\ folder on down, not the temporary folder that you put it in. Save the file as something like test_drivers_seat.zip or whatever you like and will remember. Then put it in the ETS2 mod folder and enable it in the normal manner. Testing mods is a tedious process. You have to edit a file, save the file, save the .zip archive, put it in the game then run the game for each edit, no matter how large or small it may be.

Good luck! I hope this helps...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
crow357

#3 Post by crow357 » 21 Jan 2017 01:57

Wow! What a response to my post, I really wasn't expecting a tutorial on modding! :)

I certainly don't want to sound ungrateful (because I'm not, I never considered trying to mod the game myself because I'm an idiot), I just wondered if someone had figured out how to do it already. :)

I did try and take your advice tho. I copied mouse movement code from window_basic.sii and pasted it into what looked like the appropriate location into bumper_basic.sii, zipped it up from the def folder, renamed the extension from .zip to .scs and it crashed the game... :) Oh well.
golcan

#4 Post by golcan » 21 Jan 2017 05:38

Create the zip file without compression, with "store only" (something like this, I have it in Spanish).
Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 21 Jan 2017 07:00

crow357 wrote:...I'm an idiot...
Idiots are stupid and can't type. So if you're an idiot, who's typin' for ya, yer Momma? [ external image ]

crow357 wrote:I did try and take your advice tho. I copied mouse movement code from window_basic.sii and pasted it into what looked like the appropriate location into bumper_basic.sii, zipped it up from the def folder, renamed the extension from .zip to .scs and it crashed the game... :) Oh well.
If you did that, you weren't following my instructions! You should read my post again...

Actually, perhaps I'm the idiot. I just re-read your post and it doesn't say what I thought it did. Crappy vision and all that. I thought you wanted to move the camera POV. But after re-reading it, I'm not really sure what it is you actually want. Sorry...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Max
SCS Software

#6 Post by Max » 21 Jan 2017 08:22

move and rotate bumper/roof camera by mouse (if i read that correctly ;)).

not sure if it will work as mod because only few camera types support that and they have all specific behavior.
maybe try to use different camera type in bumper camera data, but i'm not sure if it could be loaded this way.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
piva

#7 Post by piva » 21 Jan 2017 08:32

example for roof camera
change type "vehicle_cabin_camera" to "vehicle_interior_camera"
Exaple from my roof camera for Argosy

Code: Select all

vehicle_interior_camera: camera.cabin.argosy
{
	head_offset: (0.5, 1.18, -0.90)
	mouse_right_limit: -120.0
	mouse_left_limit: 120.0
	mouse_up_limit: 90.0
	mouse_down_limit: -70.0

mouse_left_right_default: 0
	mouse_up_down_default: -10
	mouse_sensitivity: 0.16
}
ViktorRy

#8 Post by ViktorRy » 27 Jul 2018 17:20

piva wrote: 21 Jan 2017 08:32change type "vehicle_cabin_camera" to "vehicle_interior_camera"
Piva, thanks for your instruction 8-)
Loch Ness

#9 Post by Loch Ness » 09 Sep 2018 05:20

Hi Piva ...
you seem to know ... could you inform where i should find the folder to insert the code in order to 'Move camera in Bumper view ' to then ... change type "vehicle_cabin_camera" to "vehicle_interior_camera" { if it does not function properly of course i'll save the original code in another file somewhere outside of the Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder to put back if necessary } ... thanx { ahead of time } :!:
TheDonny2014

#10 Post by TheDonny2014 » 27 Aug 2019 18:43

None of you are idiots so stop putting yourselves down, :D

Seriously though I would certainly like to know how to do the different camera views though. You all sound so detailed so I think I'll try to find the time to try them out. And I must commend you all for not bashing each other and calling names like what some other modders do; many of them are grown up men who could be our parents. Very good guys. Keep it up :)

Return to “Help center - player to player”