Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel Problems...

Simluver

Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel Problems...

#1 Post by Simluver » 21 Feb 2017 23:28

:cry: Hello, everyone. I just bought the steam version of ATS. I have the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, which I've been using on other games with no problem. I've been trying all day to get the transmission to work (in sequential mode) to no avail. The accelerator pedal doesn't work at all, and the brake pedal doesn't work either. I know I must be missing something, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone out there help me? Please forgive if this question has already been asked and answered. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :shock:
andrei383

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel Problems...

#2 Post by andrei383 » 22 Feb 2017 11:50

Try using the input wizard (Options > Controls > Input Wizard) and mapping the axes/buttons that way. You should be able to choose sequential shifting there and it will guide you in setting up the controls.
Simluver

#3 Post by Simluver » 22 Feb 2017 21:34

;) Thank you, Andrei383. I will try that asap. Appreciate the prompt reply.
Simluver

#4 Post by Simluver » 23 Feb 2017 14:49

Well, here I am again. Sorry, but the above solution is not working either. I can't get the darn "brake/reverse" function to work at all. All the truck wants to do is accelerate :roll: ...Most frustrating. I'm at my wit's end here.
Simluver

Logitech Driving Force STILL not working properly (Part 2)

#5 Post by Simluver » 23 Feb 2017 14:54

Can't seem to get the brake/reverse function to operate. All the darn truck wants to do is accelerate. When I first started the truck, the darn thing moved forward and crashed into a wall. I can't back the thing up. Tried the input wizard until I'm blue in the face. Nothing works. Can anyone help??? :?
EricF

Re: Logitech Driving Force STILL not working properly (Part

#6 Post by EricF » 23 Feb 2017 23:53

In the controller settings, find the settings group for the pedals. Try setting the accelerator and brake pedals to "inverted" or "inverted and centered". I have the best results with "inverted and centered" on mine.

Also, be sure that you have the Logitech Profiler installed if you're running Windows. (Current version is 5.10.127) Make sure there's a profile "assigned" to ATS (and one for ETS2, if you happen to have that as well) so that the driver knows what to do when the game runs. Under Options > Global Device Settings, be sure that there's a checkmark in "Allow game to adjust settings" -- This lets ATS/ETS2 override the Logitech driver defaults.

Note that even if you have a newer Logitech Gaming Software driver installed, the DFGT still needs the old Logitech Profiler and its driver -- they can co-exist and the current version is compatible all the way up to Windows 10, and there are 32- and 64-bit versions to match your version of Windows.
System Specs for Beta and performance comparisons:
Ryzen 9 5900x - 32GB RAM - NVMe SSD - RTX2080 Super - 3440x1440 Ultrawide - TrackIR - T248 Wheel/Pedals
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 24 Feb 2017 01:33

Please don't open multiple topics on the same subject. Thank you.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
andrei383

#8 Post by andrei383 » 24 Feb 2017 12:01

Here's my Logitech Profiler settings:

Create a Profile for ATS and make sure to set the correct path to the exe file (this will make sure the selected profile is active when the game is running):
[ external image ]

Specific game profile settings. Important parts are the "Use Special Steering Wheel Settings," "Report Combined Pedals," "Use Special Game Settings," and "Allow Game to Adjust Settings." This allows (1) Making sure the pedals are detected separately (i.e. 2 axes instead of 1), and (2) allows the game to adjust/override the profile:
[ external image ]

and here's my in-game settings (Adjust Force Feedback to your preferences):
[ external image ]

(disregard the yellow bars for accelerator/brake axes, my pedals weren't plugged in when i took the screenshots)
[ external image ]

Hope these help! :mrgreen:
Last edited by andrei383 on 01 Jul 2017 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Kiwimike7

#9 Post by Kiwimike7 » 25 Feb 2017 09:38

Your settings in the picture are showing automatic, you need to change that to sequential transmission.

Cheers
Mike
Mike (Kiwmike7)

[ external image ]
andrei383

#10 Post by andrei383 » 25 Feb 2017 12:09

Ah I missed that since I use automatic with a key to switch to between auto and sequential. Thanks for pointing that out!

Return to “Help center - player to player”