I am having trouble installing the chrome edition.

Chulachaser

I am having trouble installing the chrome edition.

#1 Post by Chulachaser » 19 Mar 2017 22:35

I just bought the chrome edition. Which is the 7 in 1 game pack. I tried to install each game, but the only one that works is ET2, all the other versions give me a prism3d crash report. I am running windows vista and that is the minimum requirement to run this copy. Does anyone have any pointers for me to try?
Murph

Re: I am having trouble installing the chrome edition.

#2 Post by Murph » 20 Mar 2017 02:52

If ETS2 is working ok for you, ATS should also work fine. They are basically 90% the same game underneath things, just with different maps and trucks.

Make sure that you are up to date with your OS patches, particularly Direct X patches. Similarly ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date.

If memory serves, ATS is 64-bit only, but with a not fully supported 32-bit build. I.e. you really need to be running a 64-bit version of Windows. I'm not certain of the precise details there, as I don't use Windows.

Please post a copy of the crash reports that you are seeing (use http://pastebin.com/ if they are too large for the forum). Also, please tell us the exact version of ATS involved. If it's older than version 1.5, update to 1.5 (or 1.6 beta) first, and see if that helps.

For the 18 WoS games, your questions may be better asked in the specific forums for those games (or you may find some useful help / advice already there): Older SCS Truck & Bus Games

Please ensure that it's completely clear and obvious exactly which game any crash logs are from. They may all use PRISM3D, but the engine has changed significantly over the years. Only ETS2 and ATS use the latest version of PRISM3D, with the older titles having reached end of development quite some time ago, which makes a big difference in terms of diagnosing problems.
hoseclamp72

#3 Post by hoseclamp72 » 20 Mar 2017 02:55

@Murph, he said ET2, which I assume is Extreme Trucker 2, not ETS2. Yeah, likely in the wrong forum section I know, but ...

@Chulachaser ... It's likely compatibility settings. Recently I had some trouble getting some older SCS games working on Windows 10. Running in windowed mode would work, but fullscreen crashed. In the end, going into the compatibility settings for the games and checking the "Disable scaling on high dpi settings" is what got me running.

Here's a screenshot of my settings for Windows 10. Obviously, since you're still on Vista the "Windows 7" compatibility mode setting wouldn't apply and I don't think the "Run as Administrator" setting was necessary either.

[ external image ]
Murph

#4 Post by Murph » 20 Mar 2017 03:09

hoseclamp72 wrote:@Murph, he said ET2, which I assume is Extreme Trucker 2, not ETS2. Yeah, likely in the wrong forum section I know, but ...
Ahh, fair comment, my assumptions may be wrong, and were biased by this being in the ATS forum.

Return to “Help center - player to player”