New transmissions

McFly

New transmissions

#1 Post by McFly » 29 Mar 2017 21:46

Apparently with 1.6 they brought some new transmissions to the game:
Allison 4700
Allison TC10

Until now I only used the Eaton 18-speed. I just tried the Allison 7-Speed and went faster (on a streight line, no hills, testet with and without load) and now I´ve started to wonder what the upsides and downsides of each transmission are.
Also on the Allison it sais "Torque 2.42x" but not on the Eaton. What does that mean?

I didnt find anything regarding this topic so I thought I should aks for advice here...
My World of Trucks Page

English is not my first language, just trying my best.
Tarso
Beta tester

Re: New transmissions

#2 Post by Tarso » 30 Mar 2017 16:48

Torque 2.42x is the amount of multiplied torque the torque converter on transmission uses.

Eaton gearboxes on game don't have torque converter and that's why there is no mention to it.

Upsides and downsides depends on what weight and how you drive, need some time to adjust between different models. In reallife Alisson gearboxes are only automatic/sequential, but in game you can make them manual/H-shifter.

the main difference is with the number of gears and the ratio the gears are made, final gear on Alisson tend to give us more top speed but on the other side it will take more time to get there since you have an increased "gap" between the gears.

Return to “Help center - player to player”