New to ATS - seeking advice/mod suggestions

nealj121

New to ATS - seeking advice/mod suggestions

#1 Post by nealj121 » 07 May 2017 02:34

Oh man I used to be a driver and when I am playing I am going "OMG I can't back up to save my life... its like I am just graduating Pumpkin academy all over again!"

I am looking for advice on mod suggestions for the game that people feel make it even better. Also - when I try to install mods from the forums - I cant find them ingame in the mod manager (like coast to coast). If I install mods from the workshop - no problem. Help greatly appreciated.
Axel Slingerland

Re: New to ATS - seeking advice/mod suggestions

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 07 May 2017 06:07

It's not like riding a bicycle? I've been lied to!

Seriously, if you used to drive then let your instincts take over. When you look in those mirrors, you'll know which way turn when you're backing up. And if you don't get it right away, don't give up. Keep trying... It ain't like if you hit one of the zombies that you'll hurt them. You'll pass right through them! They have no collision box. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
andrei383

Re: New to ATS - seeking advice/mod suggestions

#3 Post by andrei383 » 07 May 2017 10:00

Here's some trailer skin mods I've made for ATS:

My flagship mod, Real Company Box Trailers (been working on it since ATS was first released)
[ external image ]

An (independent) extension off of that, and still a work in progress, Real Company Tanker Trailers
[ external image ]

and a retro-skin pack I made for Smarty's Utility 2000R trailer, Real Company Utility 2000R Trailers
[ external image ]

The mods (usually in a .scs or sometimes .zip format) should be placed into your mod folder (usually located in My Documents/American Truck Simulator/mod) for them to show up in the mod manager.

Return to “Help center - player to player”