Logitech G920 + ATS = Brakes permanent [SOLVED]

Wolfseye

Logitech G920 + ATS = Brakes permanent [SOLVED]

#1 Post by Wolfseye » 24 Feb 2017 17:05

Hi guys,
i just got my Logitech G920 i ordered. Installed all the stuff, but in ATS i have something weird. When I choose the Wheel, in the BRAKE AXXIS section, the brake seems to be permanentely pressed. That organge bar is fully in, while in ACCELERATION AXXIS its only glowing orange when I press the gas pedal. Whats going on here ? Anyone else had that issue ?

The Settings in ATS with that look like this. Thats how it was setup when after I installed the Steering Wheel. I tried a few changes, but they also didnt do better.

http://i.imgur.com/3RK8ldb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3uu2tcL.jpg

Already tried to find some answers here (https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php? ... permanent/), but also havent found a solution yet.

Does anyone know these issues with the Logitech G920 ?

Any help is appreciated. ;)

Wolf
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)
Axel Slingerland

Re: Logitech G920 + ATS = Brakes permanent

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 24 Feb 2017 17:51

I don't have a G920 or ATS, but since you mentioned the MP mod, I have to ask... Have you tried running the game using a profile that does not have the MP mod enabled, and there are no MP mod files present in the mod folder? You can temporarily disable them so the game won't detect them by changing the file names to include .TEST or something similar. I would do this so you know for sure wether or not it is the wheel, the mod, or the game itself causing this. All of which are theoretically possible, but (in my opinion) there is a higher chance that the MP mod is the culprit, since the game and the wheel were professionally made and the MP mod is not.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
AlexeyP

#3 Post by AlexeyP » 24 Feb 2017 18:06

Set the accelerator and brake axis modes both to be inverted. This should help. Also, make sure that in logitech profiler (options-global device settings) you don`t have report combined pedals option enabled.
Retired modder
Wolfseye

#4 Post by Wolfseye » 24 Feb 2017 22:19

Guys, I appreciate your comments, but this is just not working.

No, i only posted it on the MP Forums, i am only talking about regular ATS.

As for the other thing, no I already tried that. Doesnt work, it has to be inverted & centered for Accelerate and Centered for Braking. But the brake thing is always on. I tried the Wheel with other Games, it works there, no issues. But not with ETS2 (tried Demo) or ATS. And I see Videos on that Wheel with these Games on Youtube, working, so how can that be ? If the wheel would be defective, it would be with other Games as well, not just with ATS or ETS2. I dont know if it works on Systems like Windows 7. Some of the YT videos are a bit older, I dont know which systems they are running. I am running W10 Pro 64-Bit.

I really dont know anymore. I googled my **** off and looked for anything that would help, but it simply doesnt work with these two games. Dont get me wrong, the Games are awesome, but the programming is ****. Sorry if that sounds bad or anything, but I mean, all the Games from that company dont work with that device, I would say its not on Logitech. :(

Wolfseye
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)
Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 25 Feb 2017 07:25

I'm having the opposite problem that you are. My G27 works great in ETS2, but not in most other driving games I have. The only other game it works almost normally in is Monster Truck Madness 2, which was released in 1997 and is so old and outdated it should be in an antique software store.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Kiwimike7

#6 Post by Kiwimike7 » 25 Feb 2017 09:32

On thing I have found with mine which MIGHT work for you, is when I go into the settings page, they show as fully pressed like you show in your picture. If I press each pedal without actually selecting them they return to normal.

Cheers
Mike
Mike (Kiwmike7)

[ external image ]
Wolfseye

#7 Post by Wolfseye » 26 Feb 2017 17:18

Well, what it was was actually kinda stupid, but I didnt know I had to change that or redo it.

I simply had to click on the Joy-Axxis buttons there, and redo all the pedal functions. I assumed, that how the Game would set it when I added my wheel to the Game, would be enough. Mix of I simply didnt assume I had to do it, plus a little bit "could have guessed it" :) ...

Anyways, its working now. Except the Force Feedback, thats now at least that I can enable it, but its stiff like hell. When I tried the Demo of ETS2, it was really smooth and far better working than with ATS. Strange.
Kiwimike7

#8 Post by Kiwimike7 » 27 Feb 2017 09:36

Good that you got it sorted. There is a files that you can download for Logitech force feedback from on this forum from memory. It is not a mod, you have to copy the file to where the actual exe file is. Try searching the forum for Logitech.

Cheers
Mike
Mike (Kiwmike7)

[ external image ]
jconant3

Re: Logitech G920 + ATS = Brakes permanent [SOLVED]

#9 Post by jconant3 » 12 Jun 2019 03:21

On the G27, I had to:
1) Check the box "Report Combined Pedals" under the Logitech Profiler > Options > Global Device Settings, under "Steering Wheel";
2) Within ATS > Options > Controls, then Invert the selections for both Accel and Brake.
I had tried several other combinations, but either the brake pedal or the accelerator displayed as fully applied (gold line to the far right), when globally not Combined. -jc
KingK1806

Re: Logitech G920 + ATS = Brakes permanent [SOLVED]

#10 Post by KingK1806 » 07 Sep 2019 21:21

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and I hope you can help me.
Since two days I own the Logitech G920 wheel with shifter. My first wheel ever.
I have a similar problem like written above. But in my case the accelerator paddle is every time up to 100 % (yellow bar) and while driving up to redline.
Interessting fact: when I am ready to drive and I hit the throttle, there is a very slim area where the revs fall down a bit and afterwards it goes up to redline.
In the Logitech software the "combined paddle" box is unchecked. Software is new and up to date. In ETS2 all three paddle functions are checked as inverted.
I have already re-installed the Logitech software for about 20 times I guess without a single change.
And I also have overwritten the automatically settings in ETS2 for the three paddles many time without a change.
But in other games like BeamNG Drive or a very old F1 game everything is fine.
And on the xbox it works fine too.

Has somebody an idea what to do? I don't really want to send it back....

Greetings
Chris

Return to “Technical Problems”