Game keeps freezing but sound keeps playing

sevquis

Game keeps freezing but sound keeps playing

#1 Post by sevquis » 21 May 2017 08:01

I keep having problems with ATS. It'll play fine for a around 15-20 mins then the screen locks and audio keeps going. Drivers are up-to-date. I had this issue and without mods. Here's the game log.

https://pastebin.com/21R0fUpE

An update. Same thing again, trip from LA to Bakersfield? and coming down mountain it locked up the screen with audio but nothing else was responsive. It locks the whole system until you hit the power for soft shutdown (I have it configured that way) and then it'll quit the game and I usually cancel the shutdown so I can troubleshoot. This time nothing in the logs, or at least it looked the same as before. This time no mods at all. Am using public beta. Have tried this on DirectX and OpenGL.
https://pastebin.com/BSRpvh0F

Here's a mov file of the issue in action. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rgpi ... sp=sharing
sevquis

Re: Game keeps freezing but sound keeps playing [Solved]

#2 Post by sevquis » 21 May 2017 23:50

After some messing around and interwebs digging, turns out to be the scaling issue with nVidia cards. I don't use the GeForce experience settings but even though my card is seriously beefy, for some reason ATS doesn't agree with it at 400%. ETS2 does with no probs. Anyway, I answered my pown problem. So if anyone gets this problem, look a your scaling option on nVidia card systems.
sevquis

Re: Game keeps freezing but sound keeps playing

#3 Post by sevquis » 28 May 2017 03:28

Bump time coz the problem still exists. On standard scaling, no scaling and vanilla. Game will just feeze. I get a similar prob now with ETS2. Have tracked down an event log entry for the app but it was ETS2 and was RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64, so maybe ATS has a memory leak?

MemTest shows my RAM as a pass. Any other pointers for solving this would be helpful as I play ETS and now ATS to help with my depression.
marcel-dutch

#4 Post by marcel-dutch » 28 May 2017 05:12

I had the same problem. But I don't know what cause the problem.

I had deinstalled GeForce experience. For an older computer it is a really must.
JESAN

#5 Post by JESAN » 28 May 2017 05:51

Something with Win10 update or activation ?
I've had all sort of annoying issues like game freezing and not only to desktop : needed to restart the computer ( sometimes several trials) , unable to ctrl+alt + del.
Thought it had sth to do with Afterburner.
Then I noticed the MS message to activate win10 again ( I've changed my mb).
I did it and since then no prob anymore.
Microsoft can be really mean.
sevquis

#6 Post by sevquis » 28 May 2017 06:53

Nah, it's not Windblows Activation, if I can't activate my Windblows then I wouldn't be a very good computer tech. ;)

I thought it my be AMD Core Turbo/C6 so I turned that off in the BIOS. Longest it lasted but the crash to freeze happened when saving.
sevquis

#7 Post by sevquis » 31 May 2017 07:55

I can now replicate it when trying to save, autosaves work but a manual save kills the game. Still nothing in event log and verified game files, with and without public beta, safe mode and vanilla with no mods and every manual save I try will kill the game. Otherwise it runs for a while but then hangs anyway, same as the manual save error.
TexasWhirlwind

#8 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 04 Jun 2017 17:31

I had the very same problem. I found that some of my mods are not up to date...
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-

Return to “Technical Problems”