Fuel Economy Options.

dssgmarine

Fuel Economy Options.

#1 Post by dssgmarine » 15 Dec 2016 15:33

does using more aerodynamic trucks, Aero covers for the tires, 6x2 Chassis(less driveline & rolling resistance), or Super Singles(Wide Base Tires) improve fuel economy at all?

side note: the 625hp/2,050lb-ft engine I don't seem to see any improvement over the 500hp/1,650lb-ft engine when it comes to pulling even the heaviest loads, am I not seeing something or just haven't found a steep enough grade where this engine shines?
piva

Re: Fuel Economy Options.

#2 Post by piva » 15 Dec 2016 15:52

I want know it too... :roll:
Boeing73FLY

Re: Fuel Economy Options.

#3 Post by Boeing73FLY » 23 Dec 2016 10:20

Currently the aerodynamics in-sim aren't completely simulated. Air resistance is shared among all trucks and is calculated by some arithmetic formula, not by model shape. After looking in-depth, all trucks share the same rolling resistance defined within every chassis. The aero covers and tires are just for aesthetics. On the bright side, a 6x2 chassis seems to help a lot with the fuel economy compared to the 6x4; however, it compromises acceleration slightly.

Response to your side note: It depends on the configuration of the truck. If you drive with a day cab, you will actually be lighter in weight compared to one with a sleeper; therefore, the truck will accelerate faster (better power-to-weight ratio).
MY ESSENTIAL MOD FOR REALISM

Enhanced Driving XPerience (EDXP) 2.0 + Addons for ATS (1.47) / ETS2 (1.47)

Return to “Gameplay Questions”