preferred delivery length from the menu

Jaikstheuggle

preferred delivery length from the menu

#1 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 25 Jan 2017 22:51

My gameplayquestion is :
In the menu there is an option named Preferred delivery length (if i translate it correctly out of dutch) and i wondered what it did exactly?
Does it lenghten the reallife time compared to the delivery distance , or are my given deliveries standard made shorter /longer (within the same reallife time as always) ?

I ask this because i dont want very short delivery distance as it probably makes less money. And i also dont want to have to take 5 reallife hours to do a 15 gamehour delivery as matter of example...
I hope my description sounds a bit logical.... And you are probably gonna say to try it out myself , but the description itsself isnt very clear in the menu.
IonutL

Re: preferred delivery length from the menu

#2 Post by IonutL » 26 Jan 2017 10:23

If the slider in the options menu follows a logic, then move it to the right and the game will generate mostly longer distance jobs in the freight market and quick jobs. I don't know if it impacts also the external contracts.
At the current scale, 1 minute of real time means roughly 3 minutes in game. This only applies on the highways, because in the cities, gas stations, most sleeping areas and companies the time ticks at a much slower pace.
Loutis

#3 Post by Loutis » 26 Jan 2017 14:20

Well it is like this:

Preferred job length is concerned only about the distance you travel to complete delivery. (but obviously, longer job = more time spent delivering it)

If you prefer longer delivery, it will generate those at some point (once jobs in the economy that are active now expires) while generating less short ones, this is when you move slider to the right, moving it to the left will do the opposite (that means that there will be more shorter jobs).

It sounds good but you may find it strange that there will be still approx 5-8 very long jobs and not more.
It is actually intended, because you see, when you prefer short jobs, you are going to complete a lot of them, so it generates more of them in the given time so you will not run out of jobs you prefer. But if you prefer long ones, you really need just few of those since once you actually complete the job, all the other will expire and new ones will be generated so there is no real point in generating 50 of those when you are physically able to complete just one before others expire.

So that is how that works, you slide to right, longer jobs will generate, left is shorter jobs. Please consider the delay before this will actually take place since you need to wait until jobs that are currently generated will expire so you have spots for the new ones with preferred conditions to suit your wishes.
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad."
Elon Musk

Tesla & SpaceX fanboy. Carefully optimistic about Mars colonisation.
Jaikstheuggle

#4 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 26 Jan 2017 17:17

thank you both for the clear explanation, now it all makes more sense to me. it really doesnt have to do anything with reallife time (in a way only take longer when doing longer jobs , like you explained). In a way i like more choices given by the shorter trips, but it kinda varies sometimes. i guess i want more options mostly for trips not done before yet. those are usually in external contracts most likely. So doing longer trips in external contracts gives me most chance on good variety and still keeps me occupied for the maximum of about one and a half hour. which is more then enough actually.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”