Use ANY fuel pump [done]

Would you like to be able to use any fuel pump you can fit next to?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 49

BlackBloodRum

Use ANY fuel pump [done]

#1 Post by BlackBloodRum » 22 Mar 2016 04:49

Hey,

So today, I decided to actually play ATS2 instead of editing my mod flaps mod (Honestly I spent all weekend just modding instead of playing.. but that's besides the point!) and I immediately noticed something which could be better:

I'm stuck behind two trucks waiting for them to fuel up their trucks, meanwhile there is a perfectly good empty fuel pump right next to them which I could easily have driven into, except no fuel pump marker.. so not usable, what's up with that?

Surely if their is a fuel pump, it should be usable (assuming it's tall enough to fit trailer + cab through, although you could put one their anyway and let people get stuck and learn the hard way :lol:)

At the end of the day, you go to any petroleum station in the world, if a truck can fit next to the fuel pump, and the fuel pump has the correct fuel available, you can fill it up.

So yeah, simple suggestion: stick markers next to all fuel pumps

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this :D
Last edited by BlackBloodRum on 24 Mar 2017 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

Re: Use ANY fuel pump

#2 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 22 Mar 2016 04:58

ATS2
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
Axel Slingerland

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 22 Mar 2016 05:21

Oh, you know that was just a slip of the... Keyboard. [ external image ]

You have a good point, BlackBloodRum, but I don't see any need to alter the game any for that. In ETS2 I do the same thing in this case as I do if I get into a big traffic jam. Quick Save, Quick Load, and the traffic disappears. I would assume ATS (no 2) has this option... If not, just save and reload the game however it does it.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
BlackBloodRum

#4 Post by BlackBloodRum » 22 Mar 2016 20:43

Woops now SCS are going to sue me for spilling the beans! :lol:

@Bigfoot

I see your point, but that kinda breaks the immersion :-) - plus it would be nice to not have to do that.

PS: Yes it does have the option
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
jarvik79

#5 Post by jarvik79 » 22 Mar 2016 22:21

You don't even need to save/load the game.
Go into game graphics options, whatever HDR option you have right now change it, click "revert", then exit out the menus, voilá, traffic is gone.
TomDooley

#6 Post by TomDooley » 24 Mar 2016 09:22

Depending on the fule station's overall size, at least in Europe, you often have designated truck fuel pumps - that's not (only) to keep the often tighter spots for the cars, but also, the actual hoses on the truck line(s) are larger, allowing them to top off quicker. Most cars have a capacity of up to 25 gallons, the smaller ones rather 20 or less, in comparison to the 200+ gallons you often find on long-haul trucks.
So, it's not that unrealistic what SCS did here.
CXN2615

#7 Post by CXN2615 » 24 Mar 2016 16:40

The other one might be a gasoline pump, which fills petrol you don't want in your diesel engine
PW4056

#8 Post by PW4056 » 25 Mar 2016 15:35

In the United States, cars and trucks don't get fuel at the same pumps. There will be a separate set of pumps for the trucks to use. Here, I'm standing right next to the diesel pumps that the trucks use. On the far left are the pumps that the cars use. At most truck stops, cars and trucks have separate entrances. In some areas where space is limited, there are a few exceptions. The TA in Wytheville, Virginia is one example. The way this truck stop is designed, the truck parking completely surrounds the building, so cars have no choice, but to cut through the path that the trucks go.
[ external image ]

Also, trucks here have a left and right tank, so there are fuel pumps for both sides. On the left side, there are two pumps. The one with the green handle is a diesel pump, and the other one in the covered bucket next to the number 5 is for DEF. The DEF pump is only on the left side. I have not ever seen it on the right side before.
[ external image ]
Captain Kevin
[ external image ]
angrybirdseller

#9 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Mar 2016 17:12

What about gas pumps showing you commercials and spots scores we have those in frigid Minnesota. Remember truck stops corporate masters change every couple years or so.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#10 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 26 Mar 2016 00:59

when i was up in Canada i had to fuel my truck up SCS style because the car diesel pump was the only one that would accept the companys EFS card. it was so bad, terrable. i had to fuel the passenger tank first, it took 20 minutes. then i had to turn the truck around and do it all again for the driver side tank. the pumps did not have the locking handle so i had to stand there holding it the entire time
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”