Idaho
6%
Oregon
40%

Total votes: 124

Ways71

Re: New states

#71 Post by Ways71 » 18 Feb 2017 19:10

No offense but I dont think New Mexico is a good idea for the new state..Considering, with the current in game states, New Mexico will be isolated..Really the only way you can reach New Mexico in/out in game would be to go through Arizona. SCS should've done Utah instead, because there are already 2 states connected to it right now (Arizona, and Nevada). Instead, SCS has to build Colorado in order to have a second connection to get to New Mexico. Oh wait, SCS didn't even make Utah yet..So that means SCS would have to build TWO states in order to give New Mexico a second connection. :oops:
Kingy

#72 Post by Kingy » 21 Feb 2017 18:29

gigawert wrote:
Kingy wrote:New Mexico will still be a good state even though im tired of the desert, i take back some of what i said about NM because states like Wyoming, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, and Montana literally has nothing there, Just miles and miles of nothing not even trees.
Parts of Montana have huge mountains, like Glacier National Park.
Yeah i know but at the same time we gotta deal with it because we cant really complain about geography.

I still think the next states after New Mexico will be Utah and Colorado to complete the square
ReverendTed

#73 Post by ReverendTed » 24 Feb 2017 04:37

I voted Oregon, because I think the scenery could be a nice change of pace, but I think New Mexico might ultimately be best, because that opens up the great state of Texas to possibly be next in line. Texas is big, with a lot of variation in scenery, a coast, and a number of large cities. Also, I like the idea of barreling east to open up a coast-to-coast run as soon as possible.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#74 Post by Flemming V » 24 Feb 2017 07:19

Ways71 wrote:No offense but I dont think New Mexico is a good idea for the new state..
Maybe we sometime in feature will see/discover, that perhaps SCS choose the next state for a good reason. ;)
Sora

#75 Post by Sora » 24 Feb 2017 11:41

I don't doubt them! At the moment, though, the biggest draw to New Mexico seems to be Texas, which is admittedly a fantastic reason (being an extremely large and diverse state that even technically connects us to the coast)... but it doesn't really help with the linearity of the current map. A state like Utah (and with New Mexico in play, this also extends to Colorado) would help bring some much-needed alternative routes to the existing states when traveling from Arizona/etc. into Nevada or California. North Arizona begs for this, having to take the long way around for such places.

I don't mind going east for a little while, at least until Texas and perhaps Oklahoma, but I really do hope that these critical connection states get filled in sooner rather than later. I'd definitely prioritize them over Oregon, a state that's beautiful but would only exacerbate these issues further as things are now.
hotshot5678

#76 Post by hotshot5678 » 10 Mar 2017 03:45

Do Oregon next please
Bandit & The Snowman

#77 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 10 Mar 2017 10:02

Suggestion to OP: Reset the poll every time a new state has been announced, as it makes no sense to keep it for voting. Otherwise maintaining this thread soon won't make much sense any more.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”