More Realistic

SimDriver

More Realistic

#1 Post by SimDriver » 03 Feb 2017 22:13

I was just driving in American Truck Simulator and I had a thought that would be perfect and more realistic, I noticed you have to press T key to unhook and hookup the trailer and as well Enter key for sleeping and filling gas and i would like this as a wish-list and a suggestion to add an actual movement of only getting out of your truck and walking to the back of the trailer and hook/unhook the trailer by actually rotating the kickstand for the trailer rather seeing a ghost rotate it for you and when sleeping if you have a day-cab when you press Enter key you would get out of the truck and only walk into hotel building and sleep and walk back to the truck and for gas when you press enter key you would have to wait to get out of the truck and walk to with gas pump and grab the nossle and start filling while still holding down enter key.
refinedloafer

Re: More Realistic

#2 Post by refinedloafer » 04 Feb 2017 04:37

This "getting out and exploring on foot" thing is on the Wishlist Megathread and is listed as "Probably not going to happen."

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=161375

Might want to read here next time.
Glutinous Rice

#3 Post by Glutinous Rice » 04 Feb 2017 13:28

I didn't interpret SimDriver's request as "getting out and exploring on foot". The request seems to be that pressing the button for loading/unloading/filling up/resting will trigger a pre-defined camera animation that moves the camera from the cabin to the appropriate location, to simulate the driver exiting the truck to perform the requested action. Upon completion of the action, the camera will move back to the cabin.
Xaagon

#4 Post by Xaagon » 04 Feb 2017 20:31

I already exit the truck with the remote cameras when getting fuel, hooking/unhooking trailers, etc. I like the idea of an auto-camera that would zoom in on these activities. It would add a little bit more immersion... make you just a little bit more uncomfortable connecting a trailer in the rain.
SimDriver

#5 Post by SimDriver » 07 Feb 2017 16:50

Xaagon wrote:I already exit the truck with the remote cameras when getting fuel, hooking/unhooking trailers, etc. I like the idea of an auto-camera that would zoom in on these activities. It would add a little bit more immersion... make you just a little bit more uncomfortable connecting a trailer in the rain.
That is what i meant is just a follow camera not like literally getting out of the truck just the camera to follow for fueling, loading/unloading, etc, but wasn't sure what camera mode was called but it would be cool
SimDriver

#6 Post by SimDriver » 07 Feb 2017 16:51

retardedloozer wrote:This "getting out and exploring on foot" thing is on the Wishlist Megathread and is listed as "Probably not going to happen."

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=161375

Might want to read here next time.

This is not what i wanted... just an moving camera action that's all.
SimDriver

#7 Post by SimDriver » 07 Feb 2017 16:53

Glutinous Rice wrote:I didn't interpret SimDriver's request as "getting out and exploring on foot". The request seems to be that pressing the button for loading/unloading/filling up/resting will trigger a pre-defined camera animation that moves the camera from the cabin to the appropriate location, to simulate the driver exiting the truck to perform the requested action. Upon completion of the action, the camera will move back to the cabin.
That is exactly what i want. not to explore at no no no, just action towards fueling and cargo movement and maybe sleeping
Tuddley3

#8 Post by Tuddley3 » 02 Mar 2017 07:37

Speaking of realistic, how about real engine sounds like Kreichbahm. They have said in the SCS Blogspot that real engine recording was in the process, but doesn't sound like any ATS trucks have realistic engine sounds. Take the Pete 389 for example, all engines sound identical, and they sound like a VW Beetle and not a giant truck engine. And the K W900 is a little better, but still sounds computerized. And as for the T680 and Pete 579, you can't even here the fake sound from inside unless you add Kriechbamh engine sounds, and don't even sound like diesel engines. That's one thing I HATE about driving in Multiplayer, the sounds.

OK, that's my rant. I thought it might fit in this topic.
Co-Owner - Operator of Chief Logistics VTC
If you would like to join our VTC, we are on TrucksBook
Application page : Company Profile #45576
xDope

#9 Post by xDope » 02 Mar 2017 17:05

Tuddley3 wrote:...but doesn't sound like any ATS trucks have realistic engine sounds. Take the Pete 389 for example...
From what I was told that is the real sound recording of the 389. Sounds realistic enough to me. I was expecting it to be louder but these newer trucks do a great job with sound proofing. ;)
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
Villasenor

#10 Post by Villasenor » 21 Mar 2017 22:04

I believe it's possible because you can do it in My Summer Car but the problem would be the bugs added with it.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”