Death Valley

gigawert

Death Valley

#1 Post by gigawert » 27 Feb 2017 22:59

In ATS, an area that is really missing is Death Valley. It is located to the west and slightly north of Las Vegas but is mostly in California.

These extra highways would be great:

CA-190 from US-395 to Death Valley Junction, CA
The entirety of CA-127 and NV-373, one road stretching from Baker, CA to Amargosa Valley, NV
Daylight Pass Rd/NV-374, Beatty, NV is on the eastern side.
Villasenor

Re: Death Valley

#2 Post by Villasenor » 21 Mar 2017 22:02

+1
stoked_dude

#3 Post by stoked_dude » 26 Apr 2017 06:33

Death Valley will be included in my Project West mod.
Creator of Project Japan, Authentic Road Markings, and Project NYC
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Apr 2017 10:02

Are there any of the other National Parks in the game? Death Valley is only one, there's many more.

California:
Channel Islands
(Death Valley)
Joshua Tree
Kings Canyon
Lassen Volcanic
Pinnacles
Redwood
Sequoia
Yosemite

Nevada:
(Death Valley)
Great Basin

Arizona:
Grand Canyon
Petrified Forest
Saguaro
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Roadkill

#5 Post by Roadkill » 26 Apr 2017 10:57

Grand Canyon is in the game Axe, for something so grand it's easy to miss. :lol: I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the SCS team are deciding what gets included in the US maps. Max said they actually have one guy from Texas on the team but you know how biased Texans can be. I'm sure the Alamo will get some face time when Texas arrives.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Apr 2017 19:33

I can see why SCS would choose not add National Parks to the game. If they were to go by real life laws, unless they are delivering a load to a National Park, truckers can't drive through a National Park, as commercial trucks are prohibited unless they are making a delivery to a park store or a hotel, etc. So they wouldn't really even need to bother making it at all unless they were going to make a delivery point in a park, which if they were to do it in a realistic manner, would also require a park concession company to be created.

Other than that the only place that the Grand Canyon is visible from a highway that is not inside the park is along US89 between Flagstaff and Page, and that is Marble Canyon and not part of Grand Canyon National Park. I suppose one could say that Marble Canyon is not as grand as Grand Canyon, so maybe that is what you're seeing. Since I don't have the game, I don't know what the map looks like. Could you post a screenshot of it?
[ external image ]

Smarty
Beta tester

#7 Post by Smarty » 26 Apr 2017 19:46

Petrified Forest is in the game ...or the gate is at least. ;) And it would be easy enough to make a small, receive-only depot for parks. Like a little log-cabin 'outfitter' kind of thing where you just park out front to deliver. The tricky(ish) part would be managing cargoes so that it's only receiving trailers ≤40ft. I would say it might be worth it for the excuse to take the scenic route.
Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 28 Apr 2017 02:13

I've spent a lot of time in National Parks, and it's usually more about trailer weight than length. It all depends on each park's specific regulations. Some are less regulated for trucking, others are far more so. Some have very low overall weight restrictions and others don't allow commercial trucks at all. (If they have no concessions, they don't need any deliveries.) I would think that for the purposes of the game, it would be easy enough to say that the truck length would fine. But most parks that allow trucks in to make deliveries make drivers buy a permit to enter the park.

It's usually the same amount as tourists have to pay to get into the park, but instead of a pass that's good for a week for entry into any National Park, truck permits are usually only good for one trip into one National Park to make their delivery and then leave. Doing that in the game could be accomplished by putting a toll booth at the park gate, which could be dressed up a little differently to make it look more like a park gate by changing some signs and adding one of the typical park border signs near by.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

gigawert

#9 Post by gigawert » 22 Oct 2017 02:22

Looks like they added CA-190 in the new open beta. Looks pretty good to me, other than how they combined Panamint and Death valleys together. It's not a big deal though, and it's probably due to lack of space.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”