Realistic Economy and Start

Villasenor

Realistic Economy and Start

#1 Post by Villasenor » 21 Mar 2017 22:01

Ats/Ets2 in my opinion would be so much better with realistic economy. Like paying sales tax and income tax. Also to have the option to choose the normal economy or realistic economy which updates regularly like cents pet mile and fines. Option to buy used truck. Must get CDL at start of profile. Work for company instead of choosing jobs unless you start your own company. Shouldn't have to rank up for accessories on truck. Have to pay for expenses like food, water, clothes, etc.
hainan

Re: Realistic Economy and Start

#2 Post by hainan » 22 Mar 2017 07:02

All can be as an option. SCS Software look at the list please.
  • Animated Accidents
  • Realistic Economy (Paying money to rest at the motel. etc.)
  • Voice Navigated GPS
  • GPS with more route information
  • Cabin Accessories
  • Oversize/Heavy Haul and equipments for this type of jobs.
  • Good looking, more better trailers
  • More Trucks (Mack, Freightliner, Western Star, International, Volvo USA etc.)
  • Famous Trucks in the movies; Duel movie 1955 Peterbilt 281 etc. (may be a DLC package)
Best Regards.
Villasenor

#3 Post by Villasenor » 23 Mar 2017 03:54

I Agree
gigawert

#4 Post by gigawert » 27 Jul 2017 22:56

Yeah I think there should be an option when you start a new profile to have realistic job pay, tax, and expenses.
PW4056

#5 Post by PW4056 » 06 Aug 2017 09:07

Villasenor wrote: 21 Mar 2017 22:01 Must get CDL at start of profile.
This one would be completely pointless since you aren't allowed to drive a truck without a CDL. Train Simulator certainly doesn't make you get a license to operate a train when you start, and Flight Simulator certainly doesn't make you get a pilot's license when you start.
Villasenor wrote: 21 Mar 2017 22:01 Work for company instead of choosing jobs unless you start your own company.
The quick jobs is, by definition, you working for a company. They supply the truck and pay for the fuel and tolls, so you don't have to worry about that.
Villasenor wrote: 21 Mar 2017 22:01 Have to pay for expenses like food, water, clothes, etc.
To be fair, you really don't spend much on clothes in the first place. When I first started driving, I took the clothes that I had in my house. I didn't go out and buy new clothes just to drive a truck. I'm not really too sure how you'd factor in food or water expenses since you could essentially keep driving on and on without having to stop. There's really no eating or drinking simulated, per se.
Captain Kevin
[ external image ]
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2017 18:04

I actually like the thought of must get a CDL. Adds to the immersion. Just like Grand Turismo, you have to get specific license to progress. I think certain at least ATS makes you obtain your permits to drive heavy haul/oversized, hazards material, live stock and multiple trailers. Of course this can all be optional for the hardcore to add immersion. Currently the game is like Project cars. You can drive anything anywhere.

I doubt SCS does this but they could implement for those that want to start a new profile and have these features. I am not opposed to a more realistic style. Others aren't either, otherwise they would not have made mods for it.
Frontiersman

#7 Post by Frontiersman » 06 Aug 2017 18:16

Thank you for installing ATS Pro! Please submit US CDL number and exp date for verification.
We're sorry, you apparently do not possess a valid US CDL. ATS Pro will now uninstall.
Hell_Raiser

#8 Post by Hell_Raiser » 13 Aug 2017 20:21

I think the CDL feature would be great as a new intro/tutorial. Instead of just showing you how to work the UI and controls, it could also teach you how to drive a truck (obviously a simplified lesson). It could teach you how to park with a trailer, connect to a trailer, as well as various traffic laws. All set in a virtual CDL test.

Working for a company would be a cool feature, instead of quick jobs it could work more like the way fright market jobs are done. You chose a company to work for, and they give you a truck (just like owning it, but you can't upgrade or sell it), they pay for fuel and maintenance, and pay you to drive. Your jobs would be assigned by the company (you can't choose what jobs you do), and you have to drive from job to job (free roam). To make it more interesting the different companies can offer different trucks, pay, job lengths (long haul, local, etc.) and job types (heavy haul companies, hazmat companies, logging companies etc.). When you first start the game you would only have the option to work for a few basic companies, but as you get more experience new companies would unlock, and once you have the money (includes loan limits) to buy your own truck, and a buy a garage, you are unlock the option to start your own company (companies you own function the same way they do now).

In order to change companies you have to first quit with you current company, then you could either start your own (if unlocked) or select a new one, however only a few companies will give you offers at any given time (even if you unlocked them all) so you risk getting stuck at a worse company.

The biggest downside to this, would be it would take longer to progress through before you could start your own company and own your own truck (the main focus of the game) and it would take a considerable over haul to make it work. However I think it would make the game considerably more fun and increase replay ability as well as give it more of a finished career mode.

Paying for food/water/clothes would be great if it where a first person sim (think farming sim, or more like Arma 3 but with cargo), but that doesn't seem like it would really add anything if you aren't able to have you character walk into the truck stop to grab a bite, or get a new hat.
BK Vissers

#9 Post by BK Vissers » 13 Aug 2017 20:54

Frontiersman wrote: 06 Aug 2017 18:16We're sorry, you apparently do not possess a valid US CDL. ATS Pro will now uninstall.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you crack me up! 8-)
overfloater

#10 Post by overfloater » 27 Aug 2017 20:46

They definitely should make some kind of career mode. This is how i visualise it:

- You'd start out in CDL school - a tutorial consisting of a series of challenges like in Scania Simulator.

- later you select a company to drive for. You increase reputation for better pay, and to get into better companies. Decrease your rep and you're only welcome in the least prestigious ones.
You would mainly deliver your company's loads.
You don't change a truck every trip! i hate switching vehicles in game just as i do in real life.

- then you buy a truck and u're an owner op. You would sign a contract with a company, and deliver only their loads. Or if you have a high enough reputation, you would choose your own jobs, and the higher your rep is - the more prestigious offers you'd get.

at least that's my idea of a somewhat proper economy system for a truck game. :roll:
PW4056 wrote: 06 Aug 2017 09:07
Villasenor wrote: 21 Mar 2017 22:01 Must get CDL at start of profile.
This one would be completely pointless since you aren't allowed to drive a truck without a CDL.
You are in fact required to drive the training truck, to get a CDL! ;)

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”