Gear Grinding FFB

theclumsygeek

Gear Grinding FFB

#1 Post by theclumsygeek » 28 Mar 2017 01:54

I've been practicing to double clutch lately and so have become quite familiar with the gear grinding sounds. It's not something I'd ever grow fond of, to be honest.

The gear grinding sound triggers when you miss to match the rpm from one gear to the next, and this is done to simulate the feedback from a real shifter (i.e. IRL when you try shifting at the wrong rpm, you encounter resistance and it won't push into gear).

But what if instead of a gear grinding sound, we trigger the wheel's ffb instead? Like a medium vibration to indicate a wrong shift. It wouldn't be as irritating and I guess will be the closest thing to feedback we can get, as we don't have any shift sticks with ffb yet.

For our modders out there, do you guys think this is possible with mods? I remember someone made a custom ffb plug-in, so I'm thinking we should be able to trigger a ffb "vibration". Then we can change the grinding gear sound. Would it be possible to link those 2 together and trigger ffb when grinding gears?
hainan

Re: Gear Grinding FFB

#2 Post by hainan » 28 Mar 2017 10:40

I am shifting only one clutch without any grinding. My gear setup is Eaton Fuller 18 with Splitter and Range buttons. Also I have tried double clutch and no grinding. Do I have to make another setting-up about gearbox for double clutch? Do I miss something?
natvander
SCS Software

#3 Post by natvander » 28 Mar 2017 10:48

In the developer console you need to type g_hshifter_synchronized 0
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
hainan

#4 Post by hainan » 28 Mar 2017 10:52

Thanks natvander. I will try.
hainan

#5 Post by hainan » 29 Mar 2017 09:21

natvander please look at this topic. I would appreciate your review about double clutch usage.

Best Regards
Bandit & The Snowman

#6 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 29 Mar 2017 17:15

There is no haptic feedback from a truck's pneumatic gearstick, right? Only mechanic gearsticks jerk back when grinding gears.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”