uShip concept in-game?

azgoodaz

uShip concept in-game?

#1 Post by azgoodaz » 29 Apr 2017 16:39

So, in America we have a TV Show called 'Shipping Wars.' Where haulers out bid each other to deliver/transport cargo (sometimes unique cargo and animals) on time, if they're late and/or damages the cargo, the buyer knocks off cash from their bid price that the hauler won. During this, the hauler can also pick up other cargo that's during there route if there trailer isn't full to make even more cash.

At this point, you can only use your money for fuel, upgrade/buy garages, upgrade/buy cabs and that's it. So why not use your own money to bid to transport higher tier goods?

I feel like ATS could implement this in-game via the World of Trucks section. Normally like how you would select a World of Trucks delivery, but instead have another section just for bidding.

All this can be a automated system that you already have in place.
1) Trucker clicks on 'Job Market'
2) Click on 'Cargo bidding (or you can call it something else)'
3) Finds the cargo they want
4) Trucker out bids the other truckers(*)
5) Trucker that won the bid drives to the pick up destination.
6) Drives and delivers the cargo on time.

* Truckers = Other players in-game, not AI.

Once the bidding is finished, the trucker goes out to deliver that cargo that they won. If they can't pick up the cargo do to a real life issue and they have to log off, they have to pay a fine and another trucker now has the ability to pick up that cargo.

This is a very neat way to interact with fellow truckers in ATS and cut out the repetitive content (that some people dislike in this game) and also find new roads/locations.
TwinShadow

Re: uShip concept in-game?

#2 Post by TwinShadow » 30 Apr 2017 05:42

This wouldn't work very well unless its all done server-side. And I mean, all of it. This would include moving the save files to be stored on servers of SCS' choosing to prevent cheating. I say that because it is stupid easy to either mod the game, or use Cheat Engine for money in which anyone can easily outbid every one.

The concept is nice, but even then... I don't agree with it since I'd rather have a guarantee to haul certain loads from the job market, than be delegated to having to "bid" for them in an auction.
azgoodaz

#3 Post by azgoodaz » 03 May 2017 21:03

Depends, if they really wanted to. They can easily lock down the files, if anyone does gets around the files and modify's the account/save information, SCS can easily ban them.

For the outbidding, they can also tie the bidding to people in those specific levels they're in. So maybe have bidding unlocked at level 5 or 10 and then for example, people in the level 13's - 15's can bid each other, etc to win contracts. But outbidding will always be a factor since everyone spends their money on different reasons.

Just thought it would be nice to get different and special contracts rather than the normal, basic cargo missions.
Last edited by Centrino2 on 04 May 2017 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read Forum Rules
donaldE

#4 Post by donaldE » 03 May 2017 21:45

that might be a good idea for like Online if they ever add it in game would be interesting.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”