Heavy Haul Trailer: Assembly required

Do you wish to assemble the heavy haul trailer?

Yes (to attach jeep only)
30%
Yes (to attaching jeep and spreader.... please explain how)
52%
I'd rather eat Timmy's ducks (can't blame ya, dey some tasty ducks)
9%
No (life is too hard maaaannnnnn....)
9%

Total votes: 23

Centrino2

Heavy Haul Trailer: Assembly required

#1 Post by Centrino2 » 08 May 2017 04:21

Just to be clear this is a jeep:

[ external image ]

And dis is a dolly:

Dis particular one is from Wabash:

[ external image ]

And dis particular one is from Fontaine..... but I can't find it on their website, good for heavy doubles:

[ external image ]

So at best you will only be able to attach the jeep to the rest of the lowboy cause the back spreader requires a forklift:
Slower, more detailed: Real version of SCS's knockoff: Whether SCS is going to make you attach the jeep or if the whole heavy haul trailer will already be assembled beyond me.
TwinShadow

Re: Heavy Haul Trailer: Assembly required

#2 Post by TwinShadow » 08 May 2017 05:46

I'm gonna select no, and the basic reason is simple: it would alienate the players who have issues backing up even 1 trailer. Let alone trying to back up trailers with multiple points of connecting.

As novel as the idea is, its still a no from me. I don't think SCS is creating a hyper-realistic simulator here and should be best left to people who actually will think about trucking for a living.
Centrino2

#3 Post by Centrino2 » 08 May 2017 07:18

I would assume as with the upcoming doubles feature (however they do it) that there would be a skip feature to get around having to assemble the heavy haul trailer as with assembling doubles (depend on how it's done, I wonder if moving a dolly around with your truck could be part of it).

Although, if the player has trouble trying to back up one trailer (one pivot point) (they can skip parking already), I wouldn't want to find out how they would drive forward with a heavy haul trailer that has two or three pivot points.

I myself am just thinking about a simple connecting and disconnecting of the jeep to the lowboy, nothing more, as if you were just hooking one trailer onto another one with a usual press of a button and the fancy, no human involved animations... or just skipping the whole assemble thing and get to driving... although if they would skip that they would probably skip parking it too. Trying to get the booster/spreader attached or detached is absolutely impossible to do with a truck from what I seen.

5:14 PM: Well now this one is quite extreme:
room217au

#4 Post by room217au » 09 May 2017 11:13

Seeing as multiple hitch points are arriving with, or about the time of, v1.28 game update I'm thinking there would be included in that update some modifications by SCS to companies and their premises to allow for manoevering of the larger vehicles.
I'll be more'n happy to be dragging the multiple combination trailers around even if they are permanently attached to each other - but still pivot in respect to each other and the truck - and we just hitch up to one point as we always have.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
xDope

#5 Post by xDope » 10 May 2017 22:33

Anything to get as authentic as it can get. Yes for me.
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
Centrino2

#6 Post by Centrino2 » 23 May 2017 06:44

Well, if ya want to get authentic then you will need to take the gooseneck off the lowboy to load and unload

In that case if it is just the lowboy:
This is Fontaine's:
Lower the gooseneck with a press of a button (not usual button, button will be prompted in Route Advisor)

Disconnect gooseneck from lowboy with the press of a button (usual button), truck carries the gooseneck on its fifth wheel, lowboy ready to load or unload
-------
To reconnect gooseneck to lowboy, reverse above procedure,

The gooseneck must touch the lowboy, and the gooseneck will raise the lowboy with a press of a button (usual button? why not). Full connection can be done in this step as well cause all what is left is to secure the gooseneck to the lowboy and connect wires and blah blah blah....
------
Now if it is the heavy haul trailer:
A way (that should also be skippable for others) is that you will have to disconnect the jeep with a press of a button (and watch as the lowbed cooly settles to the ground as you pull away).

While the jeep is disconnected, disconnect the gooseneck from the lowboy with press of a button (maybe same button?).

Reconnect the jeep to the gooseneck with a press of a button (same button? why not) and drive off and done. Ready to load or unload.
-------
To reconnect the gooseneck to the lowboy while attached to the jeep (which should be the way it is if trailer has to be assembled first... with an option to skip)... pretty much same way except in reverse.

With the jeep with gooseneck attached, back into the lowboy's fifth wheel (depending on model) and with a press of the button, secure (didn't say attach) the gooseneck to the lowbed.

Pull the jeep away, then with a press of the button attach the gooseneck to the lowboy

Then back the jeep into the now attached gooseneck (and watch as the lowboy cooly rises up from the ground) and connect with the press of a button. Heavy haul trailer assembled... as for the spreader it cannot be attached with a truck.

This can be a learning experience to those who have no idea how these things get loaded and unloaded. But anyway without this procedure you will probably just take the jeep off the lowboy with the gooseneck still attached to the lowboy making loading and unloading impossible (if it is a vehicle), or the lowboy and gooseneck will just not have an animation and the gooseneck will just appear to snap off or on the lowboy with a press of a button.

All procedures may vary depending on trailer manufacturer and model... maybe.

But then again we are just transporting it aren't we, let the customer figure out how to unload what they ordered off the lowboy :lol:
and the shipper would probably already have it assembled for ya.

But then again, if you own the trailer, then you are no longer just a transporter, now you gotta get it prepared for loading and unloading.
----------
If SCS let you own this sort of trailer, then you should be able to put the jeep onto the lowboy to make the trailer shorter, (getting tired of typing now), which means, based on this model, which might mean that you will not be able to do everything (or anything at all) this video shows with the model SCS has chosen:

EDIT: turns out that you can do the exact same thing with the model SCS chose and the spreader can just flip onto the lowboy when not needed: Link
While the gooseneck is detached from the lowboy but attached to the jeep you should be able to drop the gooseneck (different button will be prompted in the Route Advisor)

Back the jeep onto the lowboy and disconnect (usual button)

Attach the gooseneck to the truck (usual button)

Back the gooseneck into the lowboy and raise the gooseneck to raise the lowboy and connect with a press of a button (usual button)

.... unless SCS says to hell with that and make you to put up with a long heavy haul trailer that is carrying nothing. :lol:

Gotta luv making their job harder eh? :mrgreen:

Random safety video:
Now here is something heavy on a..... semi regular flatbed:
Slight language involved

Plenty more heavy haul from that Youtuber... his tarp got ripped by the cargo though and that's why this and this exists.
Last edited by Centrino2 on 24 May 2017 06:18, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Correction made

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”