Feature Wishlists & Suggestions for ATSimulator

Glutinous Rice

Re: Feature Wishlists & Suggestions for ATSimulator

#601 Post by Glutinous Rice » 07 Dec 2016 18:17

With the new route markers being added to junctions, could you please also add these types of signs as well:
https://www.google.se/maps/@38.9911739, ... 312!8i6656
https://www.google.se/maps/@37.78316,-1 ... 312!8i6656
I appreciate that you are adding route markers, but since they are placed right in front of junctions, it can, without looking on the GPS, be difficult to know that you are approaching the junction. Adding these types of signs well in advance of junctions would greatly improve the driving experience and the overall quality of the signage! ;)

Thank you for your consideration!
originalbars

#602 Post by originalbars » 31 Dec 2016 19:16

I feel like a small feature/option can radically change the way people drive and play ATS in general. I personally feel like there is almost no risk while playing ATS, once you have your own truck you'd really have to mess things up to end up with no money or a negative amount. I'm not asking for this to be another genre of game, just a little extra challenge :) (PS i do love both TS games)

Here my suggestion for some minor changes, that are completely optional for people that don't want it. I feel like these could be checkmarks in the options screen.

Small change/extra option:

1 - Disable Co-insurance - Add an option remove truck insurance. ATS is way to easy as it stands once you get your own truck. i pay on average about 200-300$ in repairs, even if the damage would otherwise be 1000's of dollars. Insurance is switched on per default, and allow it to be disabled for players who wish to do so. I really would like this and many others i speak to as well, currently nicking a barrier or a traffic sign has little to no consequences.

Extra Features (lower prio for me):
2 - Realistic Company Expenditures - Pay for more than just the drivers, trucks and fuel, also pay for the administrative staff, accountant, marketing budget and the gas/water/electricity, i feel that currently my garages are making way to much proffit due to barely having payments to be made. Doesn't have to be indepth, just some extra costs in the garage manager tab.
3 - Company Truck Accidents/crashes - Just like a driver can fail to find a job, have a really low chance (With a max one a week safeguard per garage or truck) for a driver to crash his/her truck. After the crash the truck has to be towed back to the home base/garage of the driver for $250 + $5 per mile towed. (if this calculation is not possible just take 1/2th of the total job length x5) The towing process places the driver in a resting or idle state for 24 ingame hours.

In short i'd like some more of a challenge in a simulator, especially the co-insurance feels like my hand is being held, and i would love a simple option to be able to turn this off.

Sorry for english
DJSpeedy

#603 Post by DJSpeedy » 18 Feb 2017 17:56

Here's a thought - tire wear. Why is it not modeled? More importantly, CAN it be modeled?

This is one of those minor "immersion" factors that I think would make a great addition to the game. Since we have repair shops, perhaps they could also add tires to the mix?
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $211 ($57 with sales)
  • Games owned: 18
  • Games not played: 3 (17%)
  • Hours on record: 1,179.8h
Lombra

#604 Post by Lombra » 20 Feb 2017 04:11

I thought they already were?
DJSpeedy

#605 Post by DJSpeedy » 20 Feb 2017 06:13

Not in the sense that you can see it, visually.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $211 ($57 with sales)
  • Games owned: 18
  • Games not played: 3 (17%)
  • Hours on record: 1,179.8h
Bandit & The Snowman

#606 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 20 Feb 2017 11:12

First I'd like to see tire wear separated from the other damage categories. Right now, with enough tire 'damage', you'll get a 'service warning' and even lose gears even with low gear damage at that point. (Also, why is it always the highest gear still functioning that drops out? Wouldn't it be random gears?)
nanarocxie

#607 Post by nanarocxie » 19 Apr 2017 12:43

Will they change how the rpms rise and fall in the game because as of now it's completely unrealistic.
Germnoble

#608 Post by Germnoble » 14 May 2017 07:04

Since it's titled "American Truck Simulator" and not "USA Trucker Simulator" is there any chance of adding the rest of the american continent?

Looking at some maps recently. I figure you need something to connect to Alaska, so adding enough of Canada to connect to alaska would be nice, but you'd really only need to add as far north as Edmonton unless you wanted to add ice road trucking or something. Since most of the major population centers are actually fairly close to the border.

Going the other way, you'd really only need to go as far south as Mexico City, then it starts to get into South America and that's too much to add in simple DLC's.

Just curious, would you guys be able to include Hawaii at all? I'm not sure if it'd be worth it but it could be a good Demo or Tutorial area maybe. Same with Prince Edward Island in Canada.
azgoodaz

#609 Post by azgoodaz » 19 May 2017 23:33

One thing that makes the game annoying. Northern California mostly has Snow, but ATS why doesn't have this? I would be nice to see this already in the game instead of waiting a few more years before Northern states come out. Give us like a sneak peak with this of what you can do in-game.
azgoodaz

#610 Post by azgoodaz » 21 May 2017 02:16

1) Better Police. Way overpowered.
- If a police car is on the other side of the highway and your speeding, you get fined.

2) Better AI. All of them are grandma drivers.
- They randomly press their brakes.
- When they see a truck or another vehicle behind them, they don't go in the next lane.

3) Better hired drivers.
- I have one driver maxed with long distance and they only make ~ $5k per job. AI are not taking advantage of their stats to take longer hauls.

4) Longer off-ramps.

5) Red light stop bars? If you pass the stop bar by accident, you get fined.

6) Contract missions map needs the ability to zoom in/out.

7) The garage map needs the ability to zoom in/out.

8) Garage tab, more filters? Would like to filter each garage by the state name (A - Z & Z - A).

9) Add another garage upgrade option.

10) If you hire a driver with a high rating, they should have the option to bring their own truck.

11) Border Patrol Checkpoints

12) More weather for each state.
Example;
- Northern California, snow.
- Florida, heavy rain then sun light, a few miles away to goes back to rain.

13) More bank options.
- Lease a truck
- Being able to loan specific amount of money. For example; $145,000, instead of just $100k & $50k.
- Being able to pay off a loan in a specific amount of money.

14) More updates.
- Push out monthly updates like PUBG to release new features/bug fixes.

15) Add in some fan made achievements.
For example;
- Entrepreneur, have one garage in each state with at least one truck.

16) DLC?
- High Power Cargo Pack
- Cabin Accessories
- Trailer Packs
- Tuning Packs
- Fan Packs
- Design Packs

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”