SCS Software

message board
It is currently 29 Apr 2017 23:25

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Game won't launch?
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2017 01:15 

This is an odd issue that I can't seem to figure out.

Clicking play on Steam will bring up a menu asking if you want to play ATS, or start ATS in safe mode. Both options do the same thing, which is nothing. The game says "running" for a few seconds on Steam and then it stops and nothing happens. Attempting to run the game in terminal gives the following error:

Quote:
./amtrucks: error while loading shared libraries: libsteam_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However, libsteam_api.so is in the same directory as the game so that's unusual. They're both set with X as well. I don't have this problem with any other title, just ATS. I verified the integrity cache and that lead nowhere either. I also attempted to just uninstall the game entirely and reinstall but I think you can guess what happened after - nothing. I also tried using the Steam client beta and the latest beta for the game, but that didn't change things either.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is this just a general issue with the port? Does anyone know of a fix?

I'm running Ubuntu MATE 16.04 if that matters.