SCS Software

message board
It is currently 19 Feb 2017 16:26

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017 15:47 

Much Needed Repairs

Jan

I wasn't sure just how bad the damage to my Scot was, so I was relieved to find a load in Tucson headed - of all places - back to HMS in San Diego. Precisely where I wanted to go so Mike there could check my truck out.

The warehouse was a huge place, they had several trucks inside and forklifts roaming about loading and unloading trailers.

Drive-Thru Warehouse

I checked in with one of the guys near the shipping office, and was told to wait; the steel pipes were being strapped to the trailer right now.

Hey Mac, is it going to be much longer?

21 tons of steel pipes, on an 8 ton trailer. I wanted to be able to haul heavier loads than this but with less than 300HP it was going to be a real bother.

Today's mystery: why would a heavy equipment repair shop need steel pipes?

In fact, unless I was going downhill, my Scot would not exceed 59mph. It was a bit uncomfortable when everything else in Arizona was passing me at the speed limit of 75, or faster, and I had insufficient power to merge easily. Everything became a strategic game as I had to plan my moves miles ahead. It felt at times I was climbing up a mountain.

More Powerrrrr!

When I got to San Diego, Mike was pretty surprised to see me. He didn't expect me to have a delivery for him; it was a coincidence he hired me to haul to Tucson and here I was returning with a load for HMS. He told me he would try to find a proper bumper for my Scot and make sure everything else was all right. My truck went into the garage right away.

Leaving my girl at the doctor's

It was about a mile or two back to my place from HMS. Mike offered me a lift but I declined. It was sunny and hot, but I needed to stretch my legs. The past couple of days I ate, drove and slept in my truck and felt the urge to get some exercise.

With this heat you would never think that in Northern California it's snowing

Across the street was a Chinese take-out restaurant, and I stopped there to get something to eat. I was out of work for a few days at least...

Time for an unplanned break

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017 18:32 

Great story Mate! i like it again! i'm Driving the Scot A2HD too now :D

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017 20:12 

Oh great! It's a fun little truck. I hope you try it first with the smaller engine for a more realistic 1970s trucking experience. Hounddog made some lovely company skins for it on Steam workshop.

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9