SCS Software

message board
It is currently 25 Apr 2017 20:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017 21:10 

Great pics and story !!

Gr Rob

My WOT   |   My ETS Screens-topic   |   My ATS Screens-topic   |   Hounddog Paintshop ETS   |   Hounddog Paintshop Las Vegas ATS

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017 18:41 

Hakan wrote:
Cool Photos and Truck! super story!

xDope wrote:
Awesome story and shots!

Hounddog wrote:
Great pics and story !!

obelihnio wrote:
Fantastic pics and story as always BK! 8-)

Thanks fellas! :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017 20:23 

Back, and forth

Jan

After an uncomfortable night, a beautiful sunny day greeted me. No dismal grey winter skies here. My sister Saskia would be jealous. It's not terribly cold in the Netherlands in late January, but it's definitely not bright and hot.

I ended up back at Sunshine Crops where I dropped off the reservoir the night before. 14t of frozen fruit, going from San Simon to Nogales, Arizona.

Sunshine Crops is a very fitting name

What did I see leaving the Sunshine Crops lot? Our old friend Mutt the Backhoe from the other night. Of course it was unlikely to be the same one but I laughed at the thought and gave the operator a toot from my horns in greeting.

You again!!!

The refrigerated trailer was nice and cool but I wasn't. It's amazing how quickly the air gets hot here. When I woke up it was 72F and by ten it was going into the nineties. Air conditioning was an option on Scots, and mine didn't have it, so rolling with both windows open was the best option.

Natural air-con

On the upside, the country was so beautiful. And changeable. One minute it appeared so dry - at Sunshine Crops they had a complete irrigation system - and then I descended a small slope and to either side were green gassy fields and healthy, fresh trees. I really liked driving in North America.

Perfect trucking day

At Tucson I carefully checked the signs for the exits. This was where I went wrong yesterday afternoon and lost time turning around. It was ironic that now I was going to Nogales for real, when I almost ended up there by mistake earlier.

Well, this is all familiar!

The refrigerated terminal was not far from the exit ramp at Nogales. The whole trip took me about three hours.

Today this is the right place; yesterday it wasn't

Parked at the dock was a pleasant surprise. Two of the trailers were from Canadian transportation companies: Verspeeten Cartage, owned by a Dutch-Canadian family, and Manitoulin Transport, whose trailers I'd seen while driving in New Brunswick.

Canadians everywhere!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017 20:28 

Suuuper shots and very nice Trip story!

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017 20:58 

BK Vissers wrote:

Cool pics. :) Thanks for the mention.

Oh, my Oversize Placard mod has a Canadian version, eh.

viewtopic.php?f=197&t=205393

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017 21:14 

Great shots and story. :D

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017 21:15 

Thanks, Dogface! And thanks for the nice mods you made, I'll be using them both. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017 22:47 

Great pics,story !

Gr Rob

My WOT   |   My ETS Screens-topic   |   My ATS Screens-topic   |   Hounddog Paintshop ETS   |   Hounddog Paintshop Las Vegas ATS

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017 17:22 

obelihnio wrote:
Great shots and story. :D

Hounddog wrote:
Great pics,story !

Thanks guys!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017 17:58 

And back again!

Jan

There are few things an owner-operator hates more than driving without a load. Without a load you're not making money. So while I wished to head west back to my home in San Diego, I accepted to take a container of machine parts back the way I came, east and south to Sierra Vista.

I just hoped I would not spend another night sleeping in my cab. That was not comfortable!

So another load is good, right?

It wasn't a long drive, just over three hours, but that assumed there was no traffic...

Did I say no traffic???

For a relatively small town, Sierra Vista was really busy. It took several light changes just to get to the intersection.

Aggressive driving!

The shipping office at Bitumen had a good view of the road. With any luck the manager wasn't in a hurry to leave, as my arrival was at the end of the day, and I wanted to see if I could catch another shipment and not leave empty.

End of a busy day at the shipping office

I dropped off the container, parked, and looked up at the office windows. The lights were out. Damn!

Too late!

As I began backing out of the parking space a fellow in a yellow hardhat with "Foreman" stencilled across the front asked me if I could get rid of a trailer of trash. I might be in luck after all...

Well, it's not glamorous but it is a paying job...

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next