SCS Software

message board
It is currently 30 Mar 2017 22:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017 17:59 

:shock: :shock: :shock: cool story !!

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017 19:28 

and great pics !!!

Gr Rob

My WOT   |   My ETS Screens-topic   |   My ATS Screens-topic   |   Hounddog Paintshop ETS   |   Hounddog Paintshop Las Vegas ATS

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2017 10:29 

Nice shots and story!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017 17:19 

Hakan wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: cool story !!

Hounddog wrote:
and great pics !!!

obelihnio wrote:
Nice shots and story!

Glad you're liking it!

Sadly I have to now deal with a damaged truck, as you will soon see...

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017 17:37 

It's Midland's Fault!

Jan

I quickly found out why the foreman wanted that trailer of trash removed. It was filled with hazardous waste, and a specialized company would charge a fortune to take it away legally. I couldn't haul hazardous waste across a state line without the proper licence so I had told decline, and bobtailed home to San Diego.

It's not much but it's home

I stopped to rest on my way back and just as I was parking my truck outside my office, I got a call from my new friend Mike at HMS. He had a trailer full of refurbished torque converters to be delivered to a client in Tucson. I accepted right away, but the irony of heading back down the same highway I just came by going home did not escape me.

It's good to have friends who pay

Normally I'd be delighted to see a Midland truck. Midland is a subsidiary of Irving, the company name on my own Scot. But this driver was convinced I would stop for a yellow light, and so he started making a right turn on a red light. Legal, but stupid. I swerved to avoid him, then swerved right to avoid an oncoming truck, and hit two mailboxes, and safety post. My bumper was mangled, badly.

Not the happy reunion I'd hoped for

I'd been on the road since this morning. Even with the breaks I'd taken I could not delay getting proper rest much longer. This farm by the highway looked very peaceful and made me aware how much I needed sleep.

Reminds me of the family farm*

Finding a place to stop and sleep was harder than I expected. The truck stop was full. When rain slapping the roof of my cab woke me up it was pretty obvious that the place was as busy during the day as it was last night.

I took the last free space

After arriving in Tucson, while waiting for the trailer to be unloaded, I took another look at my messed up bumper. Several boltheads had snapped off, but it was still secure. I made sure of that before driving off after the accident. I'll see what Mike at HMS can do when I get back to San Diego.

Is there any hidden damage?

*See The Adventures of Saskia Vissers

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017 18:24 

Cool story mate!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017 20:26 

Awesome shots and story. Looks like the whole Vissers family is cursed, all that crashing around. :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017 00:00 

Hakan wrote:
Cool story mate!

obelihnio wrote:
Awesome shots and story. Looks like the whole Vissers family is cursed, all that crashing around. :lol:

Thanks guys!

Funny anecdote: so I crashed into the mailboxes and that pole/stanchion at the sidewalk edge. I didn't see the pole at first. As the mailboxes blocked it. So when I hit the mailboxes and came to a complete stop I thought "are these things made of cast iron to stop a truck????"

Then I saw the pole. And saw that both mailboxes had been thrown from near the road toward the buildings. There is a second box, you just can't see it in that shot.

I thought it was funny in retrospect.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017 02:23 

Great story and pics !!

Gr Rob

My WOT   |   My ETS Screens-topic   |   My ATS Screens-topic   |   Hounddog Paintshop ETS   |   Hounddog Paintshop Las Vegas ATS

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017 15:17 

Hounddog wrote:
Great story and pics !!

Thanks, Rob!

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next