[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

Re: [REL] [WIP] Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme ATS Version 1.

#21 Post by hawkbs » 18 Jul 2016 15:43

FearWheels wrote:Fantanstic job. Would it be possible for you to change the companies and types of loads. Most loads on the dalton would be gas/oil/equipment for workers. ie, construction equipment, pipping, drilling equipment/ and yes some foods supplies.

Thanks for this great map.
There will be more companies based in Deadhorse etc. The companies that are currently in the map are the companies that are in their respective locations in Fairbanks, Fox etc. Basically what I see on Google Maps is going in. Loads will probably be adjusted as the map progresses my priority atm is to get as much as the road done as possible.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
horseman89

#22 Post by horseman89 » 18 Jul 2016 15:45

hawkbs wrote: lol glad you enjoyed it. Wait till that DoT Roadblock is gone and you can get to Coldfoot or Deadhorse. :D
How long (this waiting) will be? I really enjoy this map! :)
The biggest stupidities are done with serious faces.
hawkbs

#23 Post by hawkbs » 18 Jul 2016 16:03

Not giving any eta's as real life takes priority. However I currently have the road done up as far as Arctic Circle with elevations, Prospect Creek Airport will be next followed by Coldfoot then Wiseman and onwards. I might even divert off towards Bettles when I get to Prospect as thats where the turnoff is fr it.
Last edited by Reef on 19 Jul 2016 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote, please read the forum rules
[ external image ]
horseman89

#24 Post by horseman89 » 18 Jul 2016 16:11

Sure! Real life is priority for me for sure too! Glad to see something new and different (1:1 thing) here... for me now RTS means "real time simulation"! :D
MistahDave

#25 Post by MistahDave » 18 Jul 2016 18:05

Really nice map. Defineatly gives a different feel and dynamic to the game. Having bought ATS on launch day I only played about 2 hours due to the really poor map scale of the vanila game and decided to wait until mods come out. Finally almost 6 months later you launch your map and I spend more time in one go playing than I have in these past months. With this map and with SCS doing the rescale I see more ATS playing for me in the very near future.

The only drawback for me (I don't know if i can fix it though?) is that the draw distance is not good. Everything seems to popup too late, especially on the long straights. Kinda kills the immersion for me.
hawkbs

#26 Post by hawkbs » 19 Jul 2016 03:21

Glad you like it, being a Flightsimmer for many years I prefer the real distances as well when it comes to things like this.
I will see what I can do about those draw distances as its something thats been on my mind I just havent gotten around to it.

EDIT: Draw distances fixed for entire map now, will be in next release, quite a noticeable difference for the better
Last edited by Reef on 19 Jul 2016 13:01, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Please don't quote the post immediately prior to yours, thanks.
[ external image ]
SabR

#27 Post by SabR » 19 Jul 2016 03:40

[ external image ]

The calm and composed feeling when you are away from home and such a map mod gets released.
horseman89

#28 Post by horseman89 » 19 Jul 2016 09:20

Here is some bug at Five Mile Airport, can't take cargo because entrance is lifted up and with "wall":
Last edited by Reef on 19 Jul 2016 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use an image hoster like imgur for images, attachment feature is for bug reporting purposes only
hawkbs

#29 Post by hawkbs » 19 Jul 2016 09:40

horseman89 wrote:Here is some bug at Five Mile Airport, can't take cargo because entrance is lifted up and with "wall":
Thanks for pointing that out I'll fix that now as Im actually doing stuff around 7 mile atm.
[ external image ]
hawkbs

#30 Post by hawkbs » 19 Jul 2016 11:09

UPDATE 1.02

Fix for reported issue with Five Mile Airport and entering to get jobs or drop off loads.
Moved prefab down a bit and tested. This is an emergency patch for this issue.
Fixed an anomaly on the Yukon River Bridge with an invisible wall causing you to crash into it.
Adjusted draw distance on entire map for everything to Far. Added in some mountains and extra terrain in places.
Removed Player Garage at Livengood as it is not needed. Nothing goes there or comes from there anyway.
Livengood is only there for geographical location reasons.

This update must be at the top of the load order on your mods screen with highest priority.
The update is available in the main post of this thread underneath the main download and is a very small scs file

N.B. Please remove patch 1.01 if you have that as it is no longer needed.

Load order for patch
[ external image ]
Last edited by hawkbs on 19 Jul 2016 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”