[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme Winter 1:1 Scale 1.6.

#991 Post by hawkbs » 22 Apr 2017 22:38

Tolans2003 wrote:Question will you ever do a normal scale to this map. I would love to drive this on a regular basis but myself and a few others i know just simply don't have the time. I really love this map and the uniqueness of it with its own identity with the custom truck skins and trailers. I just wish it didnt take 5 hrs to get from point a to point b lol and didnt even cover half the map.
Nope it will stay as 1:1 scale as I have always done since 18WoS Haulin with this map. As I have said before in this post it would take too long and also now Im working upto 6 days a week i barely get time to work on this map anyway. As i also stated when I released the original Dalton for 18WoS Haulin I am an old FSX pilot and I like realism and real distances. This map isnt as long as my 18WoS one as it went from Vancouver all the way up the Alcan Highway to Fairbanks then all the way to Deadhorse and Nuiqsut and I kinda did it so big that the game engine just couldnt handle it (map shaking) but it was still very poplular.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
sticklebrick

#992 Post by sticklebrick » 23 Apr 2017 16:11

Thanks for updating the map @hawkbs! The new Bettles Trail is a great improvement, love going down there now :)

One minor thing though, I don't seem to be able to use oversized loads mods for a bit more of a challenge.

I have tried 2 oversized loads mods so far: Solaris' oversized trailers mod and also one by Cyrusthevirus.
The same thing happens with both. AI happily carry them, I see them all the time.
But no matter how many times I sleep, no oversize loads become available for me to haul.

Its a minor problem compared with the work that you still need to do, but I figured I would let you know.

Once again, thanks for the great map, it's nice to travel past pump station 4 now. Oh and thanks for keeping it 1:1 :mrgreen:

I stream this map almost every other day between 7 and 10pm EST on my twitch channel (for anyone who's interested).
hawkbs

#993 Post by hawkbs » 24 Apr 2017 06:23

@sticklebrick The reason you are not seeing any of those Oversized trailers in the jobs list is because the companies dont have any of their cargoes in the in or out folders on my map.
BTW nice Bettles run bet you are glad you dont have a full motion rig like Mancave after that lol

Please note

1. I take absolutely no responsibility if the following steps break your Dalton Map continue at your own discretion but this isnt rocket science

2. Make sure ATS is NOT running when you do this

3. You will need to repeat this process everytime I release a new version or create a standalone mod yourself that just contains the def/company/companyname/in and def/company/companyname/out

4. SCS are releasing an oversized loads pack and I will add those to the map when they do
http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/04/big-in-america.html

You can fix this yourself if those mods are not locked by opening up the mod with Winrar going into the def/company folder.
However things like Cable Cars going up the Dalton will just look completely wrong!

In each company folder inside that there are in and out folders.
You would then need to open in another winrar window my map goto def/company and again choose a company you want those cargoes for and drag the in and out folders from the oversized mod into the respective company i.e. Carlile
You will see a popup window on the dalton winrar window. On the left hand side make sure under Compression Method that it is set to STORE. If you fail to do this then the entire map mod will no longer work and you will need to redownload the Dalton map and start again.

Do this for each company you wish to delivery and recieve these loads. Note the out folder on some of the companies up the Dalton doesnt have to have an out cargo if they arent sending cargo to anywhere. (You will find most of these companies have abandoned loads and pallets etc in the out cargo.

When you have finished dragging and dropping the in and out cargoes you want into my companies close the winrar windows and start ATS up.
You will still need the Oversized loads mod in your load order and it MUST be below the weather mod. Place it in the same load order as the Required Dalton files.
You will then need to wait and see if they turn up and also check your error logs.

If it works ok then you have successfully added those overweight mods to the Dalton Map and you can do the same with other trailer mods such as Jazzycats ones again providing those mods are not locked. However dragging and dropping locked defs should not be a problem it just means in future if you want to change something in my mod you might get prompted for a password which you can just ignore, but you cannot directly edit/mod those locked files.

You can also go into the in and out folders of each mod and do the files one or several at a time (ctrl to select more than one) so you dont have things that look out of place such as Cable Cars.
If you accidentally drag and drop say an unwanted trailer in you can go into the company/in or company/out folder and simply delete the file.
[ external image ]
sticklebrick

#994 Post by sticklebrick » 24 Apr 2017 16:48

Thanks for the reply @hawkbs I have to admit I didn't expect such a detailed reply!

I will try what you suggested, it sounds a bit tricky but I'm sure once I've done it once it will be a doddle the next time.
I will make a copy of my Dalton map download and place it on a separate drive. That should cover me from having to re-download it if I mess up the map completely :D

I'm actually glad I can be selective with the loads I want to appear. Will this stop me from seeing the AI hauling ridiculous looking cable cars too?
All I'm planning on having if its possible is the pipes, the oversized cabins/houses and maybe logs.
hawkbs

#995 Post by hawkbs » 24 Apr 2017 22:10

@sticklebrick In the mod for those heavy haul cargos open up def/vehicle/trailer_storage.overw_usa.sii with notepad++ and put a hash then space at the beginning of line 7 or just delete that line and you shouldnt get anymore cable car loads showing in AI. If that doesnt do it then open up def/cargo.overw_usa.sii and delete the lines that mention the cable cars or hash them out as well. Might pay to make a copy of the mod and rename it so you have the original for your basegame and use the edited one for the Dalton.
I did a detailed reply as there are a few people who try add heavy load trailers to the map and wonder why they dont work with my map. So basically its for them as well. ;)
Getting those loads up the Dalton though is another story as you will need a darn good truck with a big engine for some of those hills as well as skill and patience.
[ external image ]
Bandit188

#996 Post by Bandit188 » 24 Apr 2017 22:48

Even with a 625 hp and 45+ ton over sized loads i do 17 miles per hour. learnt a trick tho stick her in 7th gear half way and you good to go get distracted and thats the end.
sticklebrick

#997 Post by sticklebrick » 25 Apr 2017 15:26

I find that: Gearbox>Power when it comes to climbing hills.

Of course you will still need above a certain amount of horses for an extremely heavy load but I'm just saying that you dont always need the best most powerful engine to get you up them hills, as long as you have a gearbox with a close ratio and plenty of creeper gears.

^an important fact, if that top engine doesn't sound as good as the one below it for example ;) :P
ROYKIRK

Re: [REL] [WIP] Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme ATS Version 1.

#998 Post by ROYKIRK » 28 Apr 2017 20:54

FearWheels wrote:Fantanstic job. Would it be possible for you to change the companies and types of loads. Most loads on the dalton would be gas/oil/equipment for workers. ie, construction equipment, pipping, drilling equipment/ and yes some foods supplies.

Thanks for this great map.

Also the temp outside need to be like -20 to -40 below! :D

I'm back on the road again!
ROYKIRK

#999 Post by ROYKIRK » 28 Apr 2017 23:02

Hey I'm not sure whats going on... But has the road conditions easier now than in 1.4???? I trying to figure out if I just got use to them or if the new map is easier??? GOD I HOPE NOT!!!! PLEASE MAKE IT A ICY HELL!!!!
Bandit188

#1000 Post by Bandit188 » 29 Apr 2017 12:11

ROYKIRK wrote:Hey I'm not sure whats going on... But has the road conditions easier now than in 1.4???? I trying to figure out if I just got use to them or if the new map is easier??? GOD I HOPE NOT!!!! PLEASE MAKE IT A ICY HELL!!!!

Trust me i have had my fair share of nearly losing control and ending up in ditchs. (keyboard user currently)

Return to “Maps”