[REL] Smarty's Wheel Pack [v1.9 - 08/10/2023]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
SabR

Re: [REL] Smarty's Wheel Pack [v1.2.2.2 - 31/10/2016]

#81 Post by SabR » 23 Jan 2017 05:20

Yes C.P., that is exactly what I referred to. Thanks for clearing it up. :)
Smarty
Beta tester

#82 Post by Smarty » 23 Jan 2017 05:29

SabR: I have intentions more so than plans regarding drive super singles; There are some things I want to change/tidy up on the wheel model first. You might have noticed how I'm doing the back side of the wheel and the brake drum on my more recent wheel models. So, basically, you are holding out for a super single with a superior backside. ;)

JesseLype: That's roughly the offset these had when I first released the pack (back when it was named Alcoa Widebase). Unfortunately, they looked waaay to wide on the base game trucks because the front wheel locators are spaced too widely (QA 29205). If that ever gets fixed, I'd love to reintroduce the more common, less inset wheels. There was an Alcoa model with a similar inset to what I'm using now, but it was discontinued as far as I know. Probably for good reasons; The deeper the inset, the more stress there is where the disc meets the rim. Plus, it lessens the possible wheel cut, which has a huge impact on turning circle.

ShirBlackspots: It looks like you mistyped the data path in "jazzywheel/wheel_accessory_c.sui", given that the original in Jazzy's mod is "/def/vehicle/wheel_jazzy/steel_tr.sii", not "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/steel_tr.sii". The @include method is kind of overkill for personal-use type stuff anyway. It works really well for released mods though because, once it's set up, neither I nor the mod author ever have to reconcile data again unless there's one heck of a major change to how trailers or wheels are handled. One case where it is handy for personal use is if you want to tweak which wheels are on compatible trailers, but also want to leave Workshop auto-updating intact. You can just create your own 'tuning' package in your mod folder with the same wheel accessory sui's, but substituting different definitions for the data_path. You could even substitute in wheels from other mods if you desire.
Blackspots

#83 Post by Blackspots » 23 Jan 2017 06:07

No, I didn't mistype anything. I created a folder /jazzywheel/ within the proper trailer folder in Jazzy's mod. That wheel_accessory.sui had 'data_path: "/def/vehicle/wheel_jazzy/steel_tr.sii"' and then in your mod, I added the folder /jazzywheel/ and the file wheel_accessory.sui which pointed to one of the wheels in your mod, such as /def/vehicle/t_wheel/scr_gy_g314_28575r245_a_dull.sii

A couple times, I forgot the / but I also happened to use the same folder name for the Painted Truck and Trailer Traffic wheel_accessory.sui (which has a different path for wheels, not sure why Jazzy did that), so that's why it was looking for the wrong wheel for the Trailer and Cargo Pack, which is why I had that crash. I changed the Painted Truck and Trailer Traffic from /jazzywheel/ to /jazzywheela/, no more crash, but the default SCS wheels still showed on both. Now, placing the wheel I want to use directly in the trailer def did make your wheels show on the mod.

I did it precisely the same way as I have been doing it with B4RT's Wabash trailers, and a few others. Not sure why it didn't work with Jazzy's mod, but it does with others.

Basically the same thing done here in my post, in the Real Company Box Trailers thread. If you would like to see what I've done so far: click here
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Smarty
Beta tester

#84 Post by Smarty » 23 Jan 2017 06:57

Well, your game log didn't come up with "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/steel_tr.sii" on its own. Have another look at cement_j1. ;)
Blackspots

#85 Post by Blackspots » 23 Jan 2017 22:44

Well, I did fix it after that crash when it couldn't find the wheel. I should try the @include again and figure out what I did wrong (if anything).

Ok, Jazzycat's AI Painted Truck Traffic, the trailer wheel is pointed to /def/vehicle/ai_wheel_jazzy/steel_trp.sii
Jazzycat's Trailer and Cargo Pack, the trailer wheel is pointed to /def/vehicle/wheel_jazzy/steel_tr.sii

The problem was, that I was using the same folder (jazzywheel) in both mods for the wheel_accessory.sui, so it was causing the crash with that error... though *rubs chin* maybe I did type the wrong directory...

--EDIT--
Ok, so I tried @include wheel_accessory.sui on just the Wilson grain trailer in the pack. Tires still won't show up using this format.

Code: Select all

trailer : trailer.wilson_gr_j
{	accessories[]: .wilson_gr_j.tchassis
	accessories[]: .wilson_gr_j.trwheel0
	accessories[]: .wilson_gr_j.trwheel1}

vehicle_accessory: .wilson_gr_j.tchassis
{    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/trailers_jazzy/wilson_grain_j/chassis.sii"}

vehicle_wheel_accessory: .wilson_gr_j.trwheel0
{	offset: 0
// Compatibility for Smarty's Wheel Pack
@include "jazzywheel/wheel_accessory.sui"}

vehicle_wheel_accessory: .wilson_gr_j.trwheel1
{	offset: 2
// Compatibility for Smarty's Wheel Pack
@include "jazzywheel/wheel_accessory.sui"}
in wheel_accessory.sui in Jazzycat's Trailer & Cargo pack in def\vehicle\trailers_jazzy\jazzywheel\

// This gets superceded by a copy in Smarty's Wheel Pack when it is present and higher in the load order
data_path: "/def/vehicle/wheel_jazzy/steel_tr.sii"
And in the Smarty Wheel Pack for @wheel_accessory.sui

data_path: "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/scr_mich_xonemet_45555r225_a_dull.sii"
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Smarty
Beta tester

Re: [REL] Smarty's Wheel Pack [v1.2.3 - 03/03/2017]

#86 Post by Smarty » 04 Mar 2017 04:44

ShirBlackspots: If the trailer is working with its default wheels like that, and your load order is correct, maybe double check that your second .sui actually overwrites the first. Either way, as I said before, using the include method is overkill for personal use.

-----

I updated the Workshop version not long ago.

• New pmg format (506d6714) for ATS 1.6+
  • Added two new trailer wheels
  • Added compatibility for some upcoming trailers
  • Tweaked some material settings
The following are now available for trailers:

/def/vehicle/t_wheel/scr_gy_g104rst_27570r225_5hh_a_dull.sii
/def/vehicle/t_wheel/scr_gy_g314_28575r245_2hh_a_dull.sii
Edit:
The manual-install version is also updated. I added a whole new feature to my website to allow alternate versions of files — a record-shattering 10 minutes of keyboard-mashing — so that I can still list the 1.5-compatible versions. :geek:
TruckSimChris

#87 Post by TruckSimChris » 04 Mar 2017 12:57

Thanks for the 2- and 5-hole trailer wheels! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Smarty
Beta tester

#88 Post by Smarty » 24 Mar 2017 04:45

I finally got around to writing a short tutorial on making trailer mods designed to use the Wheel Pack. Hopefully some other modders find it helpful.
Crimson Foxx

#89 Post by Crimson Foxx » 24 Mar 2017 10:00

Wow i just subscribed to this on team and sooo happy with outcome!! Thank you so muchies.

Also subscribed to your Chevleron and licence plate mods too :)

Here is a piccie of my 'SuzieQ' SCS389 with her new wheels and tires!! :)

[ external image ]
Blackspots

#90 Post by Blackspots » 27 Mar 2017 22:13

Oh, Smarty! I forgot to mention that in the Jazzycat mods, you have to directly refer to the wheel you want to use in the def file (making this pack required, if you want to use Smarty wheels on Jazzycat mods)

What is scr_gy_g619rst_28575r245_a_xxxxx.sii in the mod? They're not listed on the website as to what they are specifically.
Looked these up, they look like
[ external image ]

BTW, on the website:

Goodyear G104 RST 275/70R22.5 on Accuride 7.50x22.5 5-hole with taper hub and Stemco oil hubcap

/def/vehicle/t_wheel/scr_gy_g104rst_75570r225_5hh_a_dull.sii
Satin(ish) painted steel. (paintable with paint_color attribute)
Should be listed as scr_gy_g104rst_27570r225_5hh_a_dull.sii instead of scr_gy_g104rst_75570r225_5hh_a_dull.sii

Return to “Truck accessories”