SCS Software

message board
It is currently 23 Apr 2017 21:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 15:32 

@Deltatristar500 and ShirBlackspots: Thank you both! I appreciate the feedback!

@rocknrollDaVE: Interesting news! That would be cool to see those new trailers come to fruition. And the thing about white trailers makes sense, my research has shown quite a number of resold/rebranded trailers (like the ex-C.R. England reefer in my mod), but its an interesting side to the trucking industry nontheless!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017 03:53 

Its strange that Schneider isn't doing the same with their trailers.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017 04:01 

Not 100% sure but I think Schneider uses white trailers primarily for their dedicated division (plain with black logo). Here in WA and OR, we see their white quad axle Great Danes all the time.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017 06:32 

I do suppose that makes sense as to why Schneider's new trucks are white (so that they can more easily be sold when the time comes). But I don't think I've ever seen a white trailer from that company.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017 10:04 

Funnily enough, I usually see them pulling those white quad axle trailers with their dark grey Freightliners. But wait, there's more! :mrgreen:

Again, from their dedicated division. The photographer, Michael, is actually a Schneider driver from OR, thus explaining the rare photos.

If andrei wants to include this trailer in his pack, it'll likely be the easiest skin he's done yet. :D

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017 14:21 

Interesting, its the first time I've seen these white Schneider trailers. It seems trucking is going the way of the airline industry with more "eurowhite" liveries!

C.P. wrote:
If andrei wants to include this trailer in his pack, it'll likely be the easiest skin he's done yet. :D
hahaha, either that or Roehl Transport:

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017 19:03 

Hi there.

Thank you much for this mod, looking forward to using it.

Perhaps someone can help me figure out what Im doing wrong [RealCompanyBoxTrailers doesnt appear in game].

Info:
Current Mods are Volvo/Aradeth and RealCompanyBoxTrailers.
[Volvo/Aradeth Mod works fine. I have drove with this mod for hours, works/looks great!]

I have followed instructions for installation, and indeed RealCompanyBoxTrailer mod is visible in ATS/Mod folder.
I assume I have the latest version of ATS, as i just purchased it from Steam 10 Days ago.
Also, in-game under ATS Launchpad, I click on Mod Manager and confirm that BOTH Volvo/Aradeth and RealCompanyBoxTrailers is marked ACTIVE [GreenLight showing on both mods].

I have also re-booted and deleted this mod, redownloaded a fresh copy, re-installed, sadly with same results as above.
Trailers are unaffected by this mod so far. [btw, I have traveled the map with RealCompanyBoxTrailer mod installed; from Reno to SanFrancisco to Tuscon and no sign of this mod in game.

Is it possible RealCompanyTrailers mod wont appear in game for several hours of game play?

Thank you for your consideration on this issue.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017 04:08 

@DriveShaft

Sounds to me that you just dropped the downloaded .zip file straight into the mod folder. Even though ATS can read .zip files, the actual mod itself is the .scs file inside the main .zip file. Extract the .scs file and drop that into the mod folder, re-activate it in the mod manager, then it will work. ;)

(I read andrei's instructions and he didn't mention extracting the .scs file. Perhaps that's why you got confused. I think the general assumption is that most people would already know to do that.)

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017 16:19 

Indeed it sounds like you may have forgotten to extract the zip file first.

Inside the zip will be a file called "Real_Company_Box_Trailers_andrei383.scs" and thats the file that should be copied into the mod folder. Please report back if this helps!

I realize the ambiguity in my instructions and will amend them to make them clearer! Sorry for the inconvenience!

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017 19:02 

Attention mod users: RCBT V2.3 is currently compatible with ATS 1.6 Open Beta, however you will get "incorrect file version" warnings in the log. I will be updating the mod as the open beta progresses.

EDIT: RCBT actually requires a hotfix for this mod to work correctly in 1.6 Beta. You can find the post here.
I do apologize for mistakenly announcing RCBT's full compatibility with ATS 1.6, the version I have in my mod folder is usually one step ahead of the release version, and had the necessary .mat files as recommended by the SCS modding wiki.

Last edited by andrei383 on 03 Mar 2017 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next