SCS Software

message board
It is currently 23 Apr 2017 21:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2017 18:56 

Here's another suggestion: USF Holland/USF Reddaway. YRC, which you already made, is their parent company.

As far as I know, Holland mainly uses 53' trailers on the east coast and Reddaway mainly uses 28' pups on the west coast. Conveniently for you, they were generous enough to post fairly hi-res transparent logos in both color and black/white on their sites!

Holland logos: http://www.hollandregional.com/about/brand.shtml
Reddaway logos: http://www.reddawayregional.com/about/brand.shtml

For both brands, the logo is towards the front of the trailer on the driver side and towards the back on the right side.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 17:12 

Thanks for the suggestions, C.P.! Currently all 28' slots are filled, but they may make an appearance in a future version.

Progress update: As many of you know (and have complained about) is that the curtainside trailers aren't fully displaced by this mod. Although a large proportion of the curtainsiders have been augmented by 53' vans from this mod, several variants (specifically the hazmat ones) are still without a replacement. This was because the ADR/Hazmat plates are added to the trailers by the game, and this method doesn't work for the 53' vans.

As I thought about it, I realized a simpler method to fix this: Add hazmat specific trailers (with the hazmat plates baked into the base texture). Now, all the cargo that is either on the curtainside or gooseneck container trailers are available on the 53' vans (and possibly later on the 28'), including hazmat cargo:

Currently, I'm using skins already in the mod, but I may replace them with hazmat-specific transport companies.

This also opens up another possibility: since many users don't like the curtainside trailers in game, I will make an optional mod that replaces the curtainsiders with 53' vans instead of augmenting them, effectively preventing them from spawning.

No word yet whether this will make it into V2.4 or perhaps even delay V2.4, as it's still undergoing testing.

Last edited by andrei383 on 08 Mar 2017 19:15, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 18:43 

Sounds good. Add me to the list of people who dislike curtain trailers :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 19:13 

Thanks xDope! Admittedly I'm also one who dislikes the curtainside trailers! :shock:

Since these new trailers are standalone, and I prefer not to recycle skins/companies already present, I'm asking for suggestions for companies, with a specific emphasis on companies which deal with HAZMAT cargo.

Currently I need the following slots filled:

Dynamite (Hazmat 1.1A): 2 skins, Chemso and Coastline (Tri State Motor Transit and AAT Carriers)
Fireworks (Hazmat 1.4G): 2 skins, Sellgoods and Wallbert (------- and -------)
Nitrocellulose (Hazmat 4.1): 1 skin, Chemso (Ryder)
Potassium (Hazmat 4.3): 2 skins, Chemso and Plain (Xtra Lease and J.B. Hunt DCS)

So if anyone is familiar with companies which handle these types of loads, please suggest them. I'll keep this list updated.

Last edited by andrei383 on 21 Mar 2017 14:53, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 19:15 

@xDope: I like curtain trailers... just not the ones SCS made. :lol: :lol:

@andrei: Glad you found a solution to the hazmat cargoes. Can't wait to see most of those curtain trailers gone. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017 23:40 

Starting to fill in the skins for hazmat cargo. AAT Carriers (an approved Hazmat carrier, including explosives) and a requested skin from a while back, Ryder.

An interesting tidbit throughout my research: many carriers in the US simply refuse to transport nitrocellulose in any form. With this in mind, I chose Ryder as it sort of fits the narrative that Chemso would have to transport nitrocellulose themselves and have to lease their trailers (hence why Xtra Lease and Ryder are used for Chemso).

Again, if you have suggestions, you could see what slots are open in this post.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017 00:00 

Man, now we'll be talking about some obscure companies just for those hazmat trailers. I can't think of many that I'm aware of.

Tri-State Motor Transit does transport explosives 1.4: https://tristatesecured.com/

Their logo is just 'tsmt' in lowercase bubble-style font in black outline. Their box trailers are plain white with the logo in the middle of the trailer. I'm sure you'll find pics in a quick Google search, which will link you to some decent pics on Hank's Truck Pictures.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017 01:46 

Aww no Steam version? :)

edit and aww too much texture missing issues :(

Accessory Tinker

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017 15:10 

@C.P.: Thanks for the suggestion, the skin has been added.

@SiSL: I've decided against Workshop for now, however I'm still considering transitioning to it at a later time. And the missing texture issues will be fixed in V2.4 once ATS 1.6 is out of beta.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017 01:16 

I swear....v1.6 went fully live just today and already there's whiners out there begging for this mod to be updated! :evil:

• Worth: $167 ($54 with sales)
  • Games owned: 17
  • Games not played: 5 (29%)
  • Hours on record: 1,140.6h

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next