SCS Software

message board
It is currently 28 Apr 2017 14:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017 22:22 

iwe485ztbv9w : If you download the app, you have the option to Integrate with Steam, or not. If you are unable to get my mod through steam, what you could do is disable the Mod Integration (Steam tab) in the Settings Menu. This will allow you to use my app to compile the mod manually (By pressing the Compile button on the main window). Once that is done, my mod will be available to you in the "<App Path>/__compile__" directory. You can pretty much just create a manifest file, and place the contents of that folder in your "My Documents/American Truck Simulator/mod" folder and use my mod that way.

It should look like this when you are done:

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017 03:07 

This app is really handy.

Pro-tip for anyone that hates being unable to easily get moving only using the clutch, increase the torque at the lowest RPM setting. It's a good bandaid for the fact that this game doesn't simulate how a diesel fuel injection system fights to maintain at least an idle RPM. Really improves the experience.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017 17:03 

Hello Wilson thanks for your help. The issue I do have with steam is that under myworkshopfiles it always says that no matching files were found - whatever I have tried. However under subscribed items, favorited, etc. it lists the Real Engines and Sounds mod correctly - only option is to unsubscribe. Even got steam in the library to connect my ETS2 and ATS as non-steam games, but here are not any files of your mod, neither under documents mods folder nor in any of the steam folders being downloadable, downloaded or convertable.

Quiet honestly after having wasted several hours into this matter and having had a detailed look at steam its blatant approach pushing games, ads and social media that have nothing to do with my actual gaming interests repels me so much that it is a clear no go for me now. Excuse me ranting, I know it has nothing to do with your nice mod, I am just frustrated and glad that SCS offers hardcopy/DVD versions and I gladly pay extra money and have something nice to put on my shelf - than having to deal with steam adware again. Sorry, ranting finished!

Dug up an older version of your mod from may 30, 2016 on modstats.com and will try to get it running this weekend. Again, if it is not too much work for you publishing an additional direct download link for your latest mod version on this forum it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Volker

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017 20:02 

one small thing that would be to add in your mod : adblue/DEF consumption according to the engine

I guess that for the Paccar, we can use the same data as the Euro 6 engines(ask galilim about it) since Euro6 and EPA 2017 are similar in norms, for the recent cummins according to cummins documentation it seems to be 2% of fuel consumption (so a value of 0.02), but for CAT and older cummins (pre-2010), you should put adblue comsumption to 0 since they do not have an Adblue system, only EGR.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 14:35 

why you make only steam version?how many prosent players not use steam?

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 19:38 

@amonrada

A few reasons... First, I use the Steam version of the game. Second, its much easier to version control the mod this way. Steam workshop also provides discussions forums and comments for each individual mod, which is nice for me and helps me provide better and faster mod support. Its always cool to see charts and graphs to about how many people are using the mod and things like that.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017 10:37 

so this mean you dont want share about 40% players

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017 11:24 

ATS need steam anyway, so if you don't use Steam, you can't even play the game

So unless 40% of players pirated the game, I don't think people will object using the workshop

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017 13:14 

amonrada wrote:
so this mean you dont want share about 40% players

Source?

Besides, what in his previous post gave you the impression he didn't want to share with a certain demographic?
That's like me accusing you of hating SCS because you refuse to use Steam along with all others who still plays non-steam versions when SCS saves money by having more users on Steam.
SCS would love it if everyone used Steam exclusively as it would mean they can drop all their retail patch support.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017 13:09 

Can you add Detroit Diesel engines in a future update please ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next