SCS Software

message board
It is currently 24 Mar 2017 23:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017 04:40 

Tom happy vacation and I am sorry I can not get this truck with what you have done so far including the redneck version, that looks awesome. Looking forward to see what else you come up with. Hate that a few ruin it for the rest of us that don't steal.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017 07:52 

Howdy,

nah, this isn't an update, sorry, guys. I've been touring CA, AZ, UT and NV for a little over a week now, and am both disillusioned and amazed. Right now I'm sitting in a hotel room in Vegas.
I will just swallow nearly all criticism over SCS depiction of truck and scenery details for now, since it leads nowhere. I'll just say, a lot of it isn't like the real thing, and I hope that some talented mapper(s) will remedy this.
Still, I've seen awesome places (some of them not allowed for 18-wheelers), and met trucks of all kinds.

On the T680/880, from what I've seen so far - the majority (over 90%) were High-76 sleepers. Most of them withOUT the lower cab windows and simpler air "scoops" instead. Also, most (fleet trucks) are rather plain. I think someone thinks that's cheaper and maybe safer? Who knows. The ones with a nice color or color scheme do stand out. About 20% had some kind of bull bar, but hardly any other accessories. Second place goes to T880 daycabs, third is mid-76 T680, and aside from a single T880-mid-76 and a T680-53, nothing. No 680 daycabs, no 42 inchers. Well, I still have two more weeks, and I hope I will see some. Or maybe I'm touring the wrong part of America.

Anyway, I'm still motivated to complete the 680 overhaul once I'm back, and then the 579 will also get another courtesy update. They come in FAR lower numbers than the Kens. But still... like 'em.

So, I'll try to post a pic or two until I'm back.
Thanks for the kind words

Tom

P.S.: Saw this one yesterday in Orderville, UT...

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017 02:08 

That seems to be the general response I see when foreigners see our trucks IRL for the first time: a bit of disappointment at the lack of accessories adorning the trucks like in Europe, but surprised at the variety of the cab and axle configurations.

But you gotta go up to the Pacific Northwest if you really want to see some serious truck and trailer combinations though. :mrgreen:

Have fun while you're still here. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14