SCS Software

message board
It is currently 25 Apr 2017 20:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017 04:40 

Tom happy vacation and I am sorry I can not get this truck with what you have done so far including the redneck version, that looks awesome. Looking forward to see what else you come up with. Hate that a few ruin it for the rest of us that don't steal.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017 07:52 

Howdy,

nah, this isn't an update, sorry, guys. I've been touring CA, AZ, UT and NV for a little over a week now, and am both disillusioned and amazed. Right now I'm sitting in a hotel room in Vegas.
I will just swallow nearly all criticism over SCS depiction of truck and scenery details for now, since it leads nowhere. I'll just say, a lot of it isn't like the real thing, and I hope that some talented mapper(s) will remedy this.
Still, I've seen awesome places (some of them not allowed for 18-wheelers), and met trucks of all kinds.

On the T680/880, from what I've seen so far - the majority (over 90%) were High-76 sleepers. Most of them withOUT the lower cab windows and simpler air "scoops" instead. Also, most (fleet trucks) are rather plain. I think someone thinks that's cheaper and maybe safer? Who knows. The ones with a nice color or color scheme do stand out. About 20% had some kind of bull bar, but hardly any other accessories. Second place goes to T880 daycabs, third is mid-76 T680, and aside from a single T880-mid-76 and a T680-53, nothing. No 680 daycabs, no 42 inchers. Well, I still have two more weeks, and I hope I will see some. Or maybe I'm touring the wrong part of America.

Anyway, I'm still motivated to complete the 680 overhaul once I'm back, and then the 579 will also get another courtesy update. They come in FAR lower numbers than the Kens. But still... like 'em.

So, I'll try to post a pic or two until I'm back.
Thanks for the kind words

Tom

P.S.: Saw this one yesterday in Orderville, UT...

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017 02:08 

That seems to be the general response I see when foreigners see our trucks IRL for the first time: a bit of disappointment at the lack of accessories adorning the trucks like in Europe, but surprised at the variety of the cab and axle configurations.

But you gotta go up to the Pacific Northwest if you really want to see some serious truck and trailer combinations though. :mrgreen:

Have fun while you're still here. ;)

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017 09:30 

Needs updating to 1.6 patch please.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2017 13:09 

Hi Tom, do you have plans to implement these wonderful Aerokits, skirts and flaps? That would b really awesome!

SHOTS on FLICKR

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2017 04:56 

Dukeone funny you ask that here, because I was about to ask Wolfie if he could add this to his 579/T680 aerokits trucks :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017 06:00 

Howdy,

just a small heads-up... I'm back in Europe from my WestCoast vacation, but still suffering from jet-lag, I guess... hard to concentrate over anything. Guess I'm not forever 21, and dragging along a 5-year old doesn't make it easier either. Next week I plan to re-commence work on the 1.6 updates on both the 680/880 and 579.
Thanks for your interest, and to all those who PM'ed me, I'll get back to you with links as soon as I've weeded out the to-do list and have it finished.

Tom

PS: On the Aero parts, I'm not planning to do them in the foreseeable future. They would be better located in the ADVANTAGE or EPIQ packages anyway.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017 20:46 

Howdy.

I'm working on the Ken(s) now. Currently I'm rebuilding a bunch of custom sideskirts, and this will keep me occupied for a another few days. I've decided to postpone some planned parts from development in favor of an earlier release, else I'm afraid SCS pops out 1.7.x before I have this thing mostly wrapped up.

Officially, I will release it as "public beta". That means, despite the fact that I'm still not 100% or even 50% happy with the T680's front fenders and (a little more with) the 40-in sleeper, I think there's enough stuff included to make most of you happy. To be completely honest, I can't find any motivation for pushing vertices right now, so I'll just finish my sideskirt makeover and upload it (provided I don't find any more serious crap).

Have a nice weekend

Tom

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017 15:08 

Thanks Tom,

Can't wait...

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017 15:37 

Tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next