[REL] Scot A2HD [2.2.1 11/03/2024]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Smarty
Beta tester

[REL] Scot A2HD [2.2.1 11/03/2024]

#1 Post by Smarty » 09 Feb 2016 20:02

[ external image ]

Author:
Smarty

Description:
This is my first truck mod for ATS. It is standalone and can be purchased through the mod truck dealer.

Credits:
Transtar (drive axles)
Kriechbaum (samples used in engine sound)

Special Thanks:
50keda for his invaluable support while learning SCS Blender Tools, and also for developing SCS Blender Tools

Is this a real truck!?
Yes! The Scot A2HD was a truck produced in Debert, Nova Scotia from 1976 to 1980 by a subsidiary of J. D. Irving Ltd. Most went into service in the fleets of other subsidiaries of Irving: Irving Oil, RST, and Midland to name a few. Its predecessor, the A1HD was made using a Ford L series cab. The A2HD was made using Scot's own cab from their C1 series tilt-cab with a fiberglass one-piece hood and fender assembly. It was available with a truly integrated sleeper which was practically unheard of at the time.

Support
[ external image ]

Various Disclaimers:
Please, do not upload this elsewhere. My official distribution channels are Workshop and scr-rigs.com only. All brands and trademarks that appear in this mod are property of their respective owners. Like any other mod, you use this at your own risk. Please keep all arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.

Download on SCR (also find the paint templates here)
Subscribe on Workshop

=====================

Now that I finally pushed it out the door for PTTM, I've begun work on transferring my A2HD to ATS. I hope to be done the process within a month, but bear in mind that this is my first ATS mod.

[ external image ]

The to-do list:
  • Integral sleeper variant
  • Addon sleeper variant(s)?
  • more chassis/tank/suspension variants
  • more paintjobs
  • more accessories
  • Working odometer
Shall we place bets on how long it actually takes? :lol:
Last edited by Smarty on 11 Mar 2024 05:36, edited 25 times in total.
Rabbit

Re: [WIP] Scot A2HD

#2 Post by Rabbit » 09 Feb 2016 20:07

Awesome! Glad to see you're still around Smarty! Best of luck to you with this truck, perhaps later on we'll see an Irving Fuels or Midland skin
[ external image ]
PBG-Logistics IS NOW HIRING.........APPLY NOW AT https://discord.gg/KWawhTg597
NadoZz9

#3 Post by NadoZz9 » 09 Feb 2016 20:22

finally a decent truck instead of all that copy and paste trucks to ATS, gl in your project!!!
Smarty
Beta tester

#4 Post by Smarty » 10 Feb 2016 18:24

Thanks guys.

Rabbit: It's not out of the question; I'll be focusing mostly on masked skins though - gives people more possibilities in their games. I'm partial to living out the O/O fantasy. :lol:

NadoZz9: Instead you get one copy-pasted from PTTM! :D

===========

I got my lightmask assembled and mapped.

[ external image ]

It looks alright in Blender - hard to tell because SCSBT only illuminates the areas in white. :?
Mr.D

#5 Post by Mr.D » 11 Feb 2016 04:42

It needs moar cowbell.
BigRiggerJ

#6 Post by BigRiggerJ » 11 Feb 2016 04:49

I drove your trucks way back in days of pttm. Awesome smarty and thanks. All of your stuff was perfect in pttm.
18 Wheels of Steel Veteran
Pumizo
Beta tester

#7 Post by Pumizo » 11 Feb 2016 22:43

I'm glad to see some familiar names from the PTTM days; damn it was so long ago!
Nice project, keep us posted 8-)
Vesku-K

#8 Post by Vesku-K » 12 Feb 2016 10:05

Just like this, it was time to PTTM and Haulin , 18 WoS ALH and then was TruckPol going strong, and the time after that. Now fortunately, begins a new time with the ATS. Fortunately, all of these will still work. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It is great to see how old the bears have woken up and are bringing their skills into the ring. :lol:
Take it easy baby, this is Grandpa

My WoT page Vesku_K
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=22259

Asus P8Z77-V Lx, i5 3570k 3,40Ghz, Ram 16Gb, GeForceGTX 1070oc GDDR5, Pover 700watt, Win7 64bit, TV-monitor 40" 4K,
Smarty
Beta tester

#9 Post by Smarty » 12 Feb 2016 23:51

Mr.D: Would you settle for bonus ducks instead?

Rest: I'm genuinely surprised at how many are still around/came back from the PTTM days. Here's hoping the community can have the same vibrancy and friendliness it did back then too. Lots of egos and antagonism out there...

Vesku-K: Yeah, TruckPol used to be pretty active. I drop by every now and again and it's like a ghost town. :? I'd mention that I also remember Truck Sim Skins or the original Trucksims forum, but then I'd appear old. :lol: That would have been... 2001? 2002?
Vesku-K

#10 Post by Vesku-K » 13 Feb 2016 06:18

@Smarty. Old at this point is a good thing. :mrgreen:

That means that it is already, well, now I don't remember any more what, "hmmmm dementia" not not, maybe just distracted. :lol:
Take it easy baby, this is Grandpa

My WoT page Vesku_K
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=22259

Asus P8Z77-V Lx, i5 3570k 3,40Ghz, Ram 16Gb, GeForceGTX 1070oc GDDR5, Pover 700watt, Win7 64bit, TV-monitor 40" 4K,

Return to “Trucks”