SCS Software

message board
It is currently 28 Apr 2017 02:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017 18:10 

It's not permitted to re-upload this mod or to make the links public.

Downloads have a personalized "tag" somewhere, so I can find out the culprit in case it is leaked.

A picture says more than many words, the proverb goes.

This mod intends to vastly expand the configuration options for SCS' Peterbilt 579. It's not meant to be complete, there are other great additions. But I believe that my mod is the one with the most options for the 579 so far.

Key features:
- Two new sleeper options (shorter 58" and longer 80")
- Stretched chassis for all but daycab trucks - 6x4, 6x4 lowered tag-lift, 8x4 lift/steer mod-lift
- Modular aero kits. By default, the "standup" sleepers will be naked and can be fitted with cab/sleeper fillers, side panels, roof fairing (not on the 58"), sideskirts. If you also have GT-Mike's EPIQ package, you'll have an abundance of options
- Mountpoints and decorative options like bull bars, headache racks, APU, fenders... see he listing within the file
- Mostly compatible with GT-Mike's and Pendragon's mods. Some side pipes from Pendragon's pack won't fit, however.
- Tinted acryl visors

Installation:
FIRST, SELL ALL YOUR 579s WHICH HAD PARTS FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION. Sorry, it's the safest way, the changed cabs make me recommend it though you can get around that with a few tricks.
THEN, install and activate version 1.6.0. Won't run in anything before that.

Limitations-

- all sleepers use the same old stock interior. Sorry, but my modelling skills are not good enough to re-build the shorter/longer or even the "optimized" stock version from scratch.

- my custom chassis' have too short ground shadows. Yep. Will likely be fix in some future version, but you usually won't see it if you haul a trailer.

- front collisions are a little off. Yep. Consider it a few complimentary inches of not paying fines.

- Some parts/mountpoints do not really fit your selection and stuff clips or hangs in open air. Yep. I'm lazy and let some parts to be available for more than one cab. Just don't put things where they don't fit. If you think you can drive a truck, you can also do that.

- One of the sideskirts (with the fat fuel tanks) has a texture mismatch. If that's too ugly for you, just don't use it. I know of the problem.

And now, go out and have fun! That's an order!

http://sharemods.com/nwg0s1mr5fff/TomDo ... _1.7z.html

Last edited by TomDooley on 17 Apr 2017 16:43, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017 18:43 

Looks awesome Tom! I appreciate the work gone into it!

And as a modder myself, I completely agree with and support your stance on re-uploads.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017 19:15 

A hearty thanks from this 579 driver for all your hard work!

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017 01:11 

Magnificent truck, It's now my all around work truck. Thanks for the great mod :)

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017 02:02 

It looks like this has gone private since it was uploaded to modsats.com without Tom's permission.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017 02:14 

Tom, there's always going to be some idiot whos going to re-upload, always. It's a pity that this happens, but do not get discouraged and stop doing your mods because of it. And now, put it on Steam, there's no way they can re-upload

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017 02:14 

It might actually be gone, It's not on there for me.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017 09:00 

Guys,

yes, and no. I posted the original link here in order that as less people as possible get it from the
mod thieves at modsats.com

A word on "there's always one to...". Maybe there is, but if we show negligence, nothing will change for the better. The only courtesy I asked for was using the original link so I could track the number of downloads, and make it easier for me to trace errors in case they occur. Obviously that was too much to ask from those morons.

Have a nice day still
Tom

PS Kevin- Steam to me is a root of evil and a bunch of software Nazis, so that isn't an option. Besides, you can still just extract the package from it's pseudo-anonymized folder and re-zip it. Last time it took me less than 5 mins to put one resident in my mods folder.

Last edited by TomDooley on 16 Jan 2017 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017 10:56 

Nice update but can you add Hood logo also for Hi Rise Sleeper please.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017 11:08 

It would really suck to lose another modder because of this. You could upload it yourself to these sites stopping others from changing your links to theirs, if you hit the main ones like modstats then the issue should go away....still a pain but really the only option to combat this.
It is a shame things have come to this for modders. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next