SCS Software

message board
It is currently 27 May 2017 04:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017 03:53 

Great work Tom love the mod and cant wait to see what else you add to this beautiful rig

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017 04:27 

Tom,

I doubt you care to hear some "new guy" rub on your ego here, but this model looks absolutely awesome! the 80" Sleeper looks beautiful from the photos. I saw you said your modeling skills aren't great to create from scratch interiors for the different sleepers, but have you thought about sourcing a modeler out who is capable of the task? I understand you need to protect your work, just a small idea I had.

As far as the actual mod, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to get my hands on it to play in game. I attempted to download it other places (Before I found the SCS website) and it always errored out on me and the link you have posted in this thread is no longer active. I understand if you don't want to give it out any further.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication, it truly keeps these games alive, especially for those of us who don't have the knowledge or capability to add content to the game.

-Phil

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017 08:05 

Hi,

I'm never too busy to hear what someone thinks about my work, be it good or bad. I'm glad you like it though.

Some (greek?) philosopher once said "I know what I don't know". I guess it's the same with modelling. I know what compromises I had to take with the 579, and what someone more familiar and skilled could have probably done (better). Still, I get dizzy when I see the numbers of downloads my mods have cumulated to, not even counting (how could I anyway?) those re-uploaded.

On the interior - to be blunt, most modders I'd trust with an interior are AFAIK either booked up to their ears or involved in other stuff, or such arrogant ******* (deleted) that I wouldn't think of asking them. Instead, I'll try to tackle the interiors later within this year (hope SCS gives me break from breaking my mods with game updates).

Next update will likely bring a few new parts / bring the 579 to a similar level as the T680 exterior-wise. And 1.6 compatibility. But first, I've got to more weeks on vacation... be back early April

Tom

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017 20:41 

Hope to see a 1.6 update, since its adding red steering wheel, internal textures and red wipers.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017 09:23 

Yeh me too, the 579 & 680 mod need to be updated, loads of red bits now, and trucks don't look as good anymore.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2017 08:50 

@TomDooley, I need you to PM me the link as I have just joined recently. I promise that I will never share or upload the mod or link with anyone.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017 05:59 

Howdy,

just a small heads-up... I'm back in Europe from my WestCoast vacation, but still suffering from jet-lag, I guess... hard to concentrate over anything. Guess I'm not forever 21, and dragging along a 5-year old doesn't make it easier either. Next week I plan to re-commence work on the 1.6 updates on both the 680/880 and 579.
Thanks for your interest, and to all those who PM'ed me, I'll get back to you with links as soon as I've weeded out the to-do list and have it finished.

Tom

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017 06:21 

Great to hear! Rest up and work your magic ;)

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2017 17:33 

Look forward to seeing a 1.6 update for this, will wait for that to release before i download but the pictures so far look amazing!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 22:27 

Back on track, sorting out the last quirks (hopefully)... 579 release will be first, the 680 has more stuff left to do.

Happy Easter everyone, no matter which religion you belong to.
Tom

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next