Freightliner FLB v2.0.10 edited by Harven for ATS and ETS2 [updated 28.03.2021]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Harven
Global moderator

Freightliner FLB v2.0.10 edited by Harven for ATS and ETS2 [updated 28.03.2021]

#1 Post by Harven » 10 Feb 2017 21:48

Hi!
Update 2.0 is out! Not many new parts in this update (there are some of course) but lots of other changes instead. Main huge improvement is the reworked cab model (together with reworked bumpers and headlights). This update is also the optimization update - number of traingles is drastically reduced but the truck looks even better :)

This version of FLB is based on Solaris36 edit for ATS. I spent a lot of time fixing/improving/polishing it and I think I’m finally ready to share it with you :). The list of changes is very long because I wanted to make this truck as good as I could, not just fix errors so it’s playable. There are still some things I would like to improve (so expect another version!).
In ETS2 you can buy the truck at Iveco EU dealers, in ATS at Kenwoth. In case you have any other FLB trucks, sell them before installing this mod, you will probably get lots of errors otherwise.

Needs minimum 1.5.x ATS, 1.26.x ETS2 game version.

SCREENSHOTS

http://imgur.com/a/Gdiyf

CHANGELOG

Harven’s changes:
v2.0.7
  • Compatibility update for game version 1.37,
  • Updated engine sounds to FMOD sound engine,
  • Added openable windows,
  • Added support for missing steam inventory toys,
  • Changed material of dashboard indicator lights
v2.0.5
  • Updated computer definitions.
v2.0.3
  • Updated headlights definitions,
  • Regenerated icons for 1.32,
  • Added support for steam inventory toys.
v2.0.2
  • Added support for trailer cables,
  • Adapted dealer definition to 1.31 changes.
v2.0.1
  • Fixed position of driver and co-driver license plates (exterior)
  • Fixed flares of small white lights addons
v2.0 - updated 10.11.2017
  • Reworked cab model to look more like real FLB truck,
  • All cab rivets moved to the normal map texture,
  • All included skins adjusted by Lucasi and Pauly to match small changes in the template,
  • Reduced triangle count of all models, the truck should have much lower impact on the game perfoemance now,
  • New headlights, grill, bumper models,
  • Reworked two chrome bumpers,
  • Added painted variant of main mirrors,
  • Replaced airline wires with an airline box,
  • Added cab suspension models,
  • Removed old pipes rack,
  • Added 3 new pipes racks as a separate accessory (two of them have many light slots),
  • Added 2 versions of reverse lights that you can mount on those racks,
  • Removed back window from the "windowed" cab variant,
  • Added air tanks models below chassis frame,
  • Added more detail to the engine compartment - engine and transmission models,
  • Engine color changes when switching between different manufacturers (cummins - red, cat - yellow, detroit - green),
  • Added painted version of all chrome sun visors,
  • Added light slots to all sun visors except the smallest one,
  • Added light slots to spoilers,
  • Added more light slots to the cab (accessibly by the grill addon accessory),
  • Reworked chrome pipes exhaust holes,
  • Fixed mesh splitting/normals on many models,
  • Added Washington D.C license plate (those custom plates may be removed in the future),
  • Added warning flags mount points,
  • Added "oversize load" bumper banners to all bumpers,
  • changed wipers mounts to more realistic looking ones,
  • Newly baked AO textures on many models,
  • Fixed some toy locators alignment,
  • Reduced turn indicators blink delay,
  • Changed some locators rotation so the accessory slots are visible when looking at the truck from the right side.
v1.5.1 updated 11.09.2017
  • Adjusted transmission gear ratios for all transmissions according to Eaton Fuller specification (also added specific model names),
  • Added wide range of differential ratios for all transmissions (2.85, 3.06, 3.25, 3.55, 3.75, 4.10),
  • Changed behaviour of parking brake at low air pressure (valve knob will pop out)
v1.5 updated 11.09.2017
  • Added digital odomoter (fake one is no more ;)),
  • Added customizable gauges backlight,
  • Few minor improvements in interior materials.
v1.4 updated 27.07.2017
  • Update Detroit and Cummins engines sounds with latest by Kriechbaum!
v1.3 updated 12.03.2017
  • Updated all models to the new format,
  • Added 3 new sun visors,
  • Added straight chrome pipes,
  • Increased turbo volume (especially in cat engines),
  • Added weight station pass device,
  • Added diff lock switch animation,
  • Reduced gauges backlight intensity,
  • Slightly adjusted 5th wheel collision boxes so should be easier to attach a trailer with high profile michelin tires (ETS2),
  • Added 440 rpm point to torque curves so it should be easier to start moving :)
v1.2 - updated 19.02.2017 - (you will have to visit upgrade shop to add some missing parts)
  • Added 7 new skins by great skinners: Lucasi and Pauly (see their workshops for more awesome skins),
  • Changed skin template (with big feedback from Lucasi and Pauly, should by easier to do new skins now),
  • Remove 3 skins because of the template change,
  • Reduced number of predefined colors and made the prices more balanced with SCS trucks,
  • Fixed CAT engine crash,
  • Fixed custom plates, so now you can remove them,
  • Fixed no engine sound bug,
  • Made fuel tank straps a separate accessory,
  • Lowered engine prices,
  • Added skinnable fuel tank straps,
  • Added skinnable chassis frame, suspension and drive shaft + axles,
  • Added skinnable mudflaps,
  • Made dashboard panels a separate accessory,
  • Added brushed metal and skinnable dashboard panels,
  • Moved drive axle in 4x2 chassis a bit to the back,
  • Lowered trailer hook point and raised truck chassis a little, so trailer kingpin and 5th wheel should match perfectly :),
  • Raised interior volume of jake brake,
  • Fixed steering wheel column so it no longer sticks out of steering wheel in some custom wheels,
  • added roof light bar (sting),
  • Other minor fixes.
v1.1
  • Cleaned game log,
  • Fixed OpenGL errors (works on mac & linux),
  • Advanced coupling with collisions,
  • Fixed black mirrors,
  • Steering wheel customization (support for Steering Creation Pack DLC (ATS), dragon wheel (ATS) and SISL wheels),
  • Support for all interior accessories DLCs (ETS2),
  • Steering wheel adjustment,
  • Fixed steering wheel rotation (900 degree rotation, was 720),
  • Redone all interior animations,
  • Improved dashboard – (removed gear indicator, added turbo, brake application, suspension load and mpg gauges, added analog clock, added more labels, etc.),
  • Made the 4×2 chassis a bit longer so cabin will no longer collide with a trailer,
  • Replaced all engines with new ones made by me (those are a bit older engines: cat 3406, cummins n14 and detroid diesel series 60) all with torque curves (more or less accurate) and other parameters taken from specifications,
  • Engine displacement values added to the engine name labels,
  • Reworked engine sounds (3 different sets of sounds for cat, cummins and detroit),
  • Removed other non standard sounds (like brakes, gear noises etc.). Use your favorite sound mod instead :)
  • Removed SISL’s accessories. You can still use them by subscribing to SISL’s Mega Pack at Steam Workshop, but they are no longer provided with this mod. That way the mod weights less and you will get updates to accessories when SISL releases them,
  • Better balanced parts prices, added progression,
  • Changed the way you choose the truck chassis. It generates “Redundant wheel accessory” (harmless) error message in the console when switching from 4×2 to 6×4, but it’s more flexible. Now you have a choice of 6 chassis: three 4×2 and three 6×4. Each variant has three different fuel tank sizes (180, 220 and 260 gallons), and of course truck weight differ between each configuration,
  • Added passanger side mirror,
  • Reworked chassis texture – it no longer looks damaged and old,
  • Replaced 5th wheel with SCS one,
  • Fixed rear axles alignment with wheels,
  • Fixed interior camera rotation (you still can move to the bed but the view will no longer clip through the cab back wall),
  • Added customizable front fenders (plastic, painted, chrome),
  • Replaced roof lights with customizable lights slots,
  • Added slots for horns,
  • Added optional roof wing,
  • Added back window glass and far small window glass (so it shows rain droplets),
  • Fixed truck UI shadow,
  • Added some other missing in-game shadows,
  • Lowered engine oil pan so there is no longer an empty odd looking space between front wheels,
  • Added missing icons,
  • Added more detailed headlights,
  • Fixed fuel tanks straps (they are no longer loose ;),
  • Added painted tanks option (with chrome straps),
  • Added tanks, front bumper, front bar, fenders and mudflaps holders to the skin UV map (see ESO skin),
  • The handlebars next to the doors are now chrome,
  • Changed seats profile, now looks like a person can actually sit on them ;)
  • Scaled seats texture mapping, so now it looks more detailed,
  • Other minor fixes.
Solaris36’s changes:
  • Kenworth dealership (2 slots),
  • Fully standalone,
  • Insufficient buffer warning fixed,
  • Redundant wheel accessory warning fixed,
  • Updated all old format models,
  • A lot of minor fixes,
  • Upgraded,
  • Accessories,
  • Truck desktop,
  • Quick jobs on 6×4 and 4×2,
  • Clean gamelog!!
CREDITS

Truck: Harven, Solaris36, Sliipais, SCS Software, odd_fellow, ventyres, vitalik062.
Skin made by:
- Lucasi (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lucasi_/myworkshopfiles/),
- Pauly (http://steamcommunity.com/id/paulyscust ... shopfiles/),
- Harven's Wife.

Interior stuff by: SiSL & JeyJey.

Sounds by the Great Kriechbaum and odd_fellow.

DOWNLOADS

Starting with version 1.2 the mod is available in the Steam Workshop.

ATS truck: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =867643690

ETS2 truck: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =867655192

Download skin template here (updated for v2.0) (only small changes in comparison to previous version)

I also made separate mini-mods to support all available steering wheels (ATS) and accessories (ETS2). If you own some of those DLC, just subscribe to appropriate mods and place them above the truck file in the mod manager screen. In case of ETS2 there is also all-in-one mod file which supports all available DLCs, so subscribe ro just this one file if you own them all.

ATS DLCs support ETS2 DLCs support Have a nice ride!
- Harven

P.S.
Can this thread be somehow "linked" in the ETS2 mods section?
Last edited by Harven on 05 Sep 2018 18:32, edited 3 times in total.
Frontiersman

Re: Freightliner FLB v1.1 edited by Harven for ATS and ETS2

#2 Post by Frontiersman » 11 Feb 2017 04:06

EPIC

Thank you!
Rene-Gad

#3 Post by Rene-Gad » 11 Feb 2017 09:49

Thx mate for this mod.

Can U recomended any accesories pack for this truck ??
Or can U add own accesories pack with american rims and tires ??
1.49 ETS 2 + DLC + PM + PolReb and some littles add ons + DAF XF105 by Vad&K
1.49 ATS + DLC + Stock with DLC only + Peterbilt 389 by Viper
Sam. Joe

#4 Post by Sam. Joe » 11 Feb 2017 11:50

First of all, thank you for your efforts Harven! The Freightliner FLB is my all time favourite in the ATS.
As such I followed every single new version, so let me share my thoughts of your version:

- 4x2 chasis revision
Big qudos for that! That was the biggest flaw of the previous versions.

- Pricing
I think one of the biggest flaw of the ATS/ETS2 is the lack of the used trucks. The truck dealers should have used trucks offers, even damaged but still usable trucks would do it.
Cheap, old, mod trucks are perfectly filling this gap. The previous versions of the FLB are great starter - and fleet - trucks. Even the cheapest possible configuration are still more usable then the cheapest vanila SCS configs. In the early game, with 8-10 quick jobs you can scratch enough money together for your first truck and you can avoid a loan.
Your version costs about the same as the new SCS supplied trucks. I feel this is as a contradiction, because the FLB is obviously an old truck, if I am not mistaken it does not produced since the 1990s. Also, even in your mod, the odometer on the dash shows some 900 000 plus miles, the OBD display - I LOVE that feature BTW - 3 million plus miles, right? ;-) So, please reconsider pricing.

- Horn and light adapters
However I like the possibility to change the config of those, your sollution got rid the possibility to put extra lights to the top of the cabin. Please don't take this as an argument, but your horns feels too big for me, I would prefer to use those coming from other mods - most of them converted from ATS2 at least I guess. Could you please consider to change the restrictions of those adapter points?

- Fuel tanks
I love the idea of the different size tanks, but miss the look of the old, grease, used tanks. Not a big deal, however.
Rene-Gad

#5 Post by Rene-Gad » 11 Feb 2017 19:54

Hi Harven.

I have found some bug in Templates.

Look at both pictures - in red field are painted sunshield. But it "colision" with other pieces of truck.
Can U correct it in next update or as "fixed: Template pls ??

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Regards

PS.

For my own usage i changed some def file and add extra light on roof ;)
1.49 ETS 2 + DLC + PM + PolReb and some littles add ons + DAF XF105 by Vad&K
1.49 ATS + DLC + Stock with DLC only + Peterbilt 389 by Viper
JESAN

#6 Post by JESAN » 11 Feb 2017 20:10

Thanks for the great update.
I edited a few sound files : redirected engine brake def path to the cat3406 sound folder in lieu of cn14 and increased volume, sounds great !
Put back the "double clutch" air gear sound in lieu of the default game Magnum sound, same for more vintage airbrake sounds.
Imo the engine sounds have to much post processing reverb in them.
DJSpeedy

#7 Post by DJSpeedy » 11 Feb 2017 20:48

The only problem I've found with this truck is that I wasn't able to add horns to it either from the truck browser or dealership.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $211 ($57 with sales)
  • Games owned: 18
  • Games not played: 3 (17%)
  • Hours on record: 1,179.8h
Harven
Global moderator

#8 Post by Harven » 11 Feb 2017 21:52

Hey!

@Rene-Gad, I recommend SISL's accessories. They already have definition files for this truck. I could try to convert ats rims to ets2 as a side mod but I'm not sure whether it would be legal or not :). Also thanks for finding this bug, I didn't actually know that the sunshield is skinable. I will fix it in the next update. The question is should I move the sunshield UV above the fuel tank or move the tank a bit higher? There are already at least 2 skins using the tank UV but I don't know if there are any skins using sunshield UV.

@Sam.Joe, I did the price change because I didn't like the used truck idea. I mean it would be great to have this feature in ATS/ETS2 but as it is right now I feel like it's cheating. There should be some drawbacks of buying used trucks, like higher maintenance costs (faster parts wear), random malfunctions, some random strange noises and other things that would annoy you and make you wish to buy a new truck ;) But without those features making such cheap truck is equal to breaking the game's balance. That's of course only my opinion. I tried to keep FBL parts prices a bit lower than SCS trucks parts but only because FLB it smaller and simpler. I know it's not in production since some time, but in ATS/ETS2 you buy new trucks, so it should cost like a new truck. Maybe I can lower engines prices because they are less technologically advanced than the ones used by SCS but I don't think you can convince me to bring back the old prices from previous version. About the odometer on the dash, constant 0 would look silly ;) Maybe I can make it to show real odometer value and I shall fix the initial value to 0 :) Sorry if all this makes you feel disappointed. Lets just hope SCS will implement some used trucks mechanics in the future :)

About horns and light adapters - there were no slots for anything on the top of the cabin in the previous version of this truck (edit by Solaris36 for ATS). However I can change the slots type to ets2 ones so you will be able to put all standard and modded accessories there (in the ETS2 version). I didn't think about this because the version I edited was for ATS and I just simply adapted it to ETS2.

And finally about the fuel tanks, I will think about it. I can't remember whether the dirty look was available for all tanks sizes of not.

@Jesan, what about detroit engine breake sound? Also what volume level did you set for it? Maybe if I like it I can include it in the next version :) But I will leave air gear and airbrake sounds at default so other mods can change them.

Also tell me more about the cab collision issue. Was is with 4x2 chassis? And which trailer? it was a modded one if I remember correctly. Can you give a link to this mod?
Harven
Global moderator

#9 Post by Harven » 11 Feb 2017 21:55

DJSpeedy wrote:The only problem I've found with this truck is that I wasn't able to add horns to it either from the truck browser or dealership.
The truck in the truck browser should have the horns on it. If it doesn't it means some other mod is messing with it. Let me know if you find which one :)
BK Vissers

#10 Post by BK Vissers » 11 Feb 2017 22:36

I'm not seeing what Closed and Open does when one is selecting the dashboard trim. Anyone see what it does?

Return to “Trucks”