[WIP] Eager Beaver 50 GSL/BR

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Smarty
Beta tester

Re: [WIP] Eager Beaver 50 GSL/BR

#51 Post by Smarty » 21 Apr 2017 21:04

I guess it's been a while since I've updated this thread. :oops: Work has still been ongoing on this, though at a slower pace while I was completing the 2000R. I've just been slowly de-polying and mapping a few pieces at a time.

[ external image ]

I'll show you what's holding me up too. I got clever and changed all of the frame/deckplate materials to .oclu/.paint type so I can be thrifty on texture space and use plain colour paintjobs to spice things up. Sounds great, right? Weeeellll... apparently only 'airbrush' type paintjobs work on trailers right now, so I'm crossing my fingers that that gets resolved. C'est la vie!

[ external image ]

Still, it's coming along. :)
Boeing73FLY

#52 Post by Boeing73FLY » 21 Apr 2017 21:38

Will those strobe LEDs be able to function like beacons, or will they have to use those "spinning" default flares instead? I'm assuming LED beacons are not possible yet...
MY ESSENTIAL MOD FOR REALISM

Enhanced Driving XPerience (EDXP) 2.0 + Addons for ATS (1.47) / ETS2 (1.47)
Smarty
Beta tester

#53 Post by Smarty » 22 Apr 2017 00:33

Alas, I am no miracle worker. For now, it's set up with beacons — It's as bad as you'd imagine. Rest assured, if/when SCS adds proper directional strobes, they will be on this thing within 30 minutes. :lol:
Blackspots

#54 Post by Blackspots » 22 Apr 2017 00:38

Its a very nice trailer. You are awesome at all you do.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
woodman1484

#55 Post by woodman1484 » 22 Apr 2017 19:19

Very nice trailer.
andrei383

#57 Post by andrei383 » 12 May 2017 21:11

Cool! :mrgreen: I'd say it's a good workaround until SCS gives us functioning goosenecks! Looking forward to this!
F4R35

#58 Post by F4R35 » 12 May 2017 21:18

Well done Smarty

a small suggestion :

Make the trailer lay of the ground when you press T and not when you connect to the fifth wheel
and make a layoff animation as a brace lift ( when pressing T ) with the hydro brace sound
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Smarty
Beta tester

#59 Post by Smarty » 13 May 2017 00:02

Well, technically SCS has given us working goosenecks. Have a look at the lowboy in the Heavy Cargo DLC released today — I'm just leveraging the wondrous gifts Lord Max and company have bestowed upon us. I play with the toys I'm given. :geek:

I don't know if the laydown functionality even supports animation yet. If it did, I would assume SCS would be using it on the GoldHofer ...err, EuroHauler?... STZ ...which is what I based this off of. At best, I'd expect that the trailer still 'snaps' to the hookpoint the second it's in-range. If so, you'd back up, the trailer would 'snap' up with the neck still raised and would remain so until you press the T key. However, from what I've seen, the game doesn't even give you the option of the T key when connecting to a laydown trailer. Watch the video carefully – the instant the hookpoints are aligned, the trailer sproings into place, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(I'm only as powerful as Max makes me...)
-Raiden-

#60 Post by -Raiden- » 13 May 2017 10:27

However.... having some sort of animation for it, is better than having none ;)

Looks really cool. Looking forward to this trailer as well ^^
SCS-trucksim veteran - ETS2: since December 2012 / ATS: since release in February 2016 / Several 18WoS parts even before that

My Photo Album (ETS2) | My American Journeys (ATS) | My WoT-profile

Return to “Trailers”