[REL] Trailmobile SuperVan 90 [1.1.2 09/12/2021]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Smarty
Beta tester

[REL] Trailmobile SuperVan 90 [1.1.2 09/12/2021]

#1 Post by Smarty » 23 Apr 2017 21:59

[ external image ]

Author:
Smarty

Description:
Information about older Canadian semitrailers is scarce on the internet, but if you look through enough 1980's/90's Canadian trucking photos, the distinctive SuperVan 90 wordmark is likely to catch your eye more than a few times. As far as I know, these would have been made in the Brampton, ON plant starting in the early 80's.

This mod adds two variants of a classic Canadian dry van: one with a 2+1 midlift (non-steer) axle configuration and one with a tridem, both 48' x 102". Naturally, this mod fully supports advanced coupling and trailer paint jobs and, of course, it is fully stand-alone.

Special Thanks:
50keda for his invaluable support while learning SCS Blender Tools, and also for developing SCS Blender Tools

Software Used:
  • Blender 2.78
  • SCS Blender Tools
  • Adobe Photoshop CS4
  • Notepad++
Support
[ external image ]

Find more quality mods at http://www.scr-rigs.com

Please, do not upload this elsewhere. My official distribution channels are Steam Workshop and scr-rigs.com only.

All brands and trademarks that appear in this mod are property of their respective owners. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this mod is not endorsed by or otherwise affiliated with the owners of any trademarks that appear in it.

MANUAL DOWNLOAD HERE (template also)
WORKSHOP

Changelog

Code: Select all

- Changed liftable axle definitions to reflect changes to axle-ordering in 1.43
- Fixed extra AO decals being attached to 48ft spread chassis (and missing from all shorter chassis)
- Improved dock bumpers
- Using proper metallic material and fuzzy reflection for diffuse metal surfaces like rail extrusions, tanks, etc (dif.spec.weight.add.env)
- Added ownable version
- chassis materials changed to tiled texture with dif.spec.weight.oclu.add.env
- rebaked chassis AO
- placard cargo models fixed to reflect changes in base game texture locations
-Updated for 1.32 (cargo based economy, using dryvan body type)
-Corrected possible collision interference with SCS Kenworth W900
-Added basic trailer cable support
-Corrected extended shadow orientation
----- Original Post: -----

This is something I started after my surgery last month; The painkillers were potent enough that I didn't want to work on anything important. :lol:

The SuperVan 90 is a Canadian Trailmobile model that was made in the Brampton, ON plant. I think it was produced mostly in the mid-late 80's, but it's extremely hard to find much information beyond when the trademark was filed, updated and expired. Maritime Ontario had a few in their fleet, and from my limited research it looks like a few outfits in Quebec had some as well. I have no idea what, specifically, separated it from the Van 80 series, but I look forward to finding out some day.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

In addition to the 1+2 configuration shown, I'm also doing a tridem on 72" centers. I'm going full Canuck on this one. ;)
Last edited by Smarty on 09 Dec 2021 17:18, edited 10 times in total.
andrei383

Re: [WIP] Trailmobile SuperVan 90

#2 Post by andrei383 » 23 Apr 2017 22:51

If its anything like your other work, this will be a great trailer! Gonna watch this for sure! :mrgreen:
Blackspots

#3 Post by Blackspots » 23 Apr 2017 22:51

What about also a dual axle one as well?
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Smarty
Beta tester

#4 Post by Smarty » 23 Apr 2017 22:59

I'm considering it, but for now I want to focus on the 1+2. It should be pretty unique among the current selection of van trailer mods. ;)
TruckSimChris

#5 Post by TruckSimChris » 24 Apr 2017 02:05

Ooooo Caaaanaaaadaaaa! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Been hoping to see some trailers with Canadian configurations from you. Just throwing an idea out there, but is there any chance in the (distant) future that you'll consider making a trailer (perhaps not this one, I'm speaking in general) with either 1+3, 1+1+3 or 1+3+1 configurations like I see in Ontario? Those trailers look awesome! :D
Smarty
Beta tester

#6 Post by Smarty » 24 Apr 2017 02:51

I do have plans for a SPIF 3 (1+3) although it's a little more on the French Canuck end of the spectrum... I'll reveal more in due course. :)
TruckSimChris

#7 Post by TruckSimChris » 24 Apr 2017 03:40

Cool! :D

I've been following a guy on Flickr named Isaiah who posts Ontario truck pics almost daily and I find those configurations fascinating (I guess because I'm so used to seeing the 8-axle trucks in my state). The SPIF #6 and #7 configurations in particular look insane. :o
Smarty
Beta tester

#8 Post by Smarty » 24 Apr 2017 08:50

Yeah, SPIF is pretty spiffy. 8-)

-----

I made the doors and started into mapping & materials tonight.

[ external image ]
''umad''

#9 Post by ''umad'' » 24 Apr 2017 14:13

I have no idea how you find all these references for the most obscure of the obscure, but I'm so glad you do. When you posted this WIP on your facebook page I had a go at finding pictures of it, and only with your help (mentioning that Maritime Quebec used them) was I able to find enough to see that they even existed. Eagerly awaiting another great trailer from you!

edit: Wow, I looked at Isaiah's Flickr and you're right, there's all kinds of crazy stuff in Toronto you never see here in BC. Until now I never realized that maybe BC with it's 5 B-trains for every normal trailer might be the exception.
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/lunch ... 16_02.html
Last edited by ''umad'' on 24 Apr 2017 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
JESAN

#10 Post by JESAN » 24 Apr 2017 15:15

Great job Smarty
Would you consider making in the future an american classic like the Fruehauf Z van (1965-1986) ?

Return to “Trailers”