[WIP] Enhanced Truck Sound Plugin - Alpha 1 (DOWNLOAD ADDED)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Tony73720

Re: [WIP] Enhanced Truck Sound Plugin - Alpha 1 (DOWNLOAD AD

#211 Post by Tony73720 » 31 Oct 2016 20:02

Hello everyone,

Thank you for this plugin ! I just put it to play multiplayer x64, and I have a crackling sound. Too bad...

Can you do some thing there?
Tony73720

#212 Post by Tony73720 » 08 Dec 2016 18:21

Good evening all,
I managed to make it work, but how could it be possible to reduce the engine sounds ?
Cadde

#213 Post by Cadde » 09 Dec 2016 16:08

Tony, i could not locate a configuration file. So you are most likely left with altering the sounds directly.
Since they are stored in .BNK files. You would have to extract them first. I will not recommend any tools for this, google to the rescue. Here's a relevant result: http://www.fileextension.org/BNK
Then you would open each .WAV file (contained in the BNK packages) with an audio editing tool such as Audacity (Google that) and employ either manual (per file) sound volume adjustment or as a batch job (all sound files) which, again, google can tell you how to perform.

Then you would have to re-package the BNK files the same way they were packed.
Not sure if KombLV is still around. His last visit was July 2016, but if you could get a hold of him he could tell you exactly what tool he used.

Either way, that's the easiest solution i could come up with. The rest i leave up to you.
On extended hiatus.
Luke_F

#214 Post by Luke_F » 13 Jan 2017 12:12

Important

Hi all

I would like to ask, if you are able to download this mod from any other link besides the one in the first post
I mean this post
DOWNLOAD
================
As a quick download fix I'm adding the link by Luke_F:
Because this link leads to my Dropbox and because Dropbox will change some policies, I will not be able to share this file after 3/2017 until I will not create new link and post it here. Which is what I can do, but for newcomers, there still will be the old link. I wrote KombLV about deleting my link, but no answer yet.

Thanks much and sorry for English. It's not my language, so I hope you understand. Any questions are welcome :)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
My World of Trucks Profile
acrox999

#215 Post by acrox999 » 17 Jan 2017 18:10

Why am I not aware of this plugin much earlier? It's amazing. I am using it on ATS though but the difference is immense.

I really hope this will be updated in the future.
debbiel

#216 Post by debbiel » 19 Jan 2017 06:20

hello, does anyone know how to eliminate that wheel sound ?
weedking23

#217 Post by weedking23 » 20 Jan 2017 13:00

i have tried and tried nothing dont have any scania mods enabeld and still not working
Tony73720

#218 Post by Tony73720 » 17 Feb 2017 08:25

weedking23 wrote:i have tried and tried nothing dont have any scania mods enabeld and still not working
Put your default sound card
Cadde wrote:Tony, i could not locate a configuration file. So you are most likely left with altering the sounds directly.
Since they are stored in .BNK files. You would have to extract them first. I will not recommend any tools for this, google to the rescue. Here's a relevant result: http://www.fileextension.org/BNK
Then you would open each .WAV file (contained in the BNK packages) with an audio editing tool such as Audacity (Google that) and employ either manual (per file) sound volume adjustment or as a batch job (all sound files) which, again, google can tell you how to perform.

Then you would have to re-package the BNK files the same way they were packed.
Not sure if KombLV is still around. His last visit was July 2016, but if you could get a hold of him he could tell you exactly what tool he used.

Either way, that's the easiest solution i could come up with. The rest i leave up to you.
Thx guy !!
Tony73720

#219 Post by Tony73720 » 25 Feb 2017 15:57

Hi cadde, you could contact by another way KombLV? I tried several software to change the .bnk but none worked. I'm running Windows 10.
Last edited by ohaha on 25 Feb 2017 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Don't quote entire messages.
Luke_F

#220 Post by Luke_F » 25 Feb 2017 16:59

Hi all

I decided to move all my files from Dropbox to Google Drive, therefore download link from me will no longer be active. Use other, newer links, just search the topic or if you will not be able to download from other sources, contact me via PM, I'll provide you new link (but because it's initial 32-bit version only, I assume noone had mod from my link) thanks
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
My World of Trucks Profile

Return to “Sound”