Sound Fixes Pack v24.06 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024MAR02 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drive Safely

Re: SOUND FIXES PACK v17.23 - ATS + ETS2 - 2017MAR12

#531 Post by Drive Safely » 17 Mar 2017 19:35

@FalloutH4kk4 - Actually cipinho is right. Steam Workshop can automatically get you the correct version of a mod for the game.
But this compatibility functionality is up to the mod author to provide and set (so not all the Steam Workshop mods for ETS2 or ATS may work the same way depending on the author).
Fortunately, Sound Fixes Pack has this functionality. ;)
cip

#532 Post by cip » 17 Mar 2017 19:52

thanks Drive Safely, I was thinking that I am right because I do have all sounds :)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
FalloutH4kk4

#533 Post by FalloutH4kk4 » 17 Mar 2017 19:59

Oh really? Steam actually surprises me every day. Then I recall my upper post and say: Happy St. Patricks Day.
obelihnio

#534 Post by obelihnio » 18 Mar 2017 12:53

@Drive Safely

I have been using the mod for a while on the 1.27 beta and noticed that the rain drops intensity in interior seems visibly lower compared to the previous release (the one before 17.23) for 1.26.
The big difference shows when moving at 80+ km/h during rainstorms. On the old release fast wiper speed was a necessity during heavy rainfall, now slow wipers are good enough to move fast in the same conditions.
bcote25

#535 Post by bcote25 » 18 Mar 2017 14:59

@obelihnio I agree. I've been noticing that for roughly the last few versions actually. Ever since I removed Grimes winter weather mod in January that had so instead of rain. Now that I'm back to rain, I've noticed the accumulation on the windshield is very light compared to the major downpour visible outside. Lastly, what controls that if it isn't this mod?
Drive Safely

Re: SOUND FIXES PACK v17.24 - ATS + ETS2 - 2017MAR19

#536 Post by Drive Safely » 19 Mar 2017 06:41

@obelihnio, @bcote25 - The weather system is not perfect but at least it's somewhat moddable. I haven't actually made any changes to the raindrops in the last few versions.
Mostly the texture of the rain can give you worse visibility like in Frosty Winter Weather by Grimes or Improved Weather Reload by SGate.
However if it's "hailing" type rain visibility you are looking for where you absolutely need fast wipers, then you should mod def/raindrop_config.sui (from Sound Fixes Pack scs file) and change the max_lifetime value to a low value like 7.
This has a side effect however, because the raindrops will melt instantly in tunnels or after the rain has stopped. So choose your best compromise. ;)

New update is out. It's a bit more ATS oriented this time. I've still got a long list of sounds I want to cover.

I found out that the AI traffic trains in ATS (not the mover ones restricted to straight railways) actually stop for you if you block their way. Don't think we'll ever see that happen in real life.
Anyway I made the train honk 4 short blasts in case you decide to do this. I don't know if it's the correct horn procedure for a train driver to do in case of obstruction. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v17.24 (non-Steam v17.24 for 1.26 coming tomorrow) with the following changes:

Higher tolerance for speed for Driver Alert Support on gravel roads. [ATS edition]
Real propane powered engine sound for Blue Bird school bus. Note that this bus will only run during the mornings and afternoons. [ATS edition]
2 new sounds for hot air balloons, courtesy of AlexeyP.
2 new sounds for bicycles, courtesy of AlexeyP. [ETS2 edition]
Lowered volume of transformer stations. [ATS edition]
1 new cricket ambience sound for nighttime ambience, courtesy of AlexeyP. [ATS edition]
New EMD SD40 engine sounds with dynamic brakes for AI traffic EMD SD40 locomotive. The max speed had to be lowered to compensate for the fact that these trains do sometimes stop in-game and thus better suits a braking sound. [ATS edition]
New horn sound for AI Traffic EMD SD40 locomotive used for when you block the train. [ATS edition]
Added real horn sound for Škoda Octavia for AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
bcote25

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v17.24 - ATS + ETS2 - 2017MAR19

#537 Post by bcote25 » 19 Mar 2017 14:33

@Drive Safely: Thanks for getting back to me but I am a little confused by your wording. You said "low" value like 7. That is higher than the current value of 5. If I want more rain to show on the windshield do I use a higher or lower value than 5? Lastly, would modifying the value of "splash_duration" affect this as well?

Edit: I have a better way of explaining what I desire after watching the rain on my windshield in the game just now. The duration the rain drop on the windshield could be a bit longer but more importantly is the NUMBER of raindrops on the windshield. It's too low.
cip

#538 Post by cip » 20 Mar 2017 01:17

I noticed that rumblestripe noise is too loud, on some trucks is even louder than the engine, could perhaps be reduced in the next version?
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Drive Safely

#539 Post by Drive Safely » 20 Mar 2017 10:25

v17.24 support for ETS2 1.26 branch uploaded. Non-Steam link available in first post.

@cipinho - The rumblestripes don't tend to have a consistent volume with different road prefabs or map mod road prefabs.
If I lower the volume there's no guarantee you'll be hearing the rumblestripe in other places.
I still have to check if SCS have fixed this - we're still in open beta stage.

@bcote25 - Yeah higher. You can mod minimal_lifetime too with lower value. Feel free to experiment with other variables with splash_duration.
The number of raindrops is pretty much maxed out. The game only renders as many raindrops as what can fit onto the windshield and windows.
The number of raindrops is also influenced on the intensity of the rain.
Roadkill

#540 Post by Roadkill » 24 Mar 2017 06:25

Hello Drive Safely, thank you for your mod. I only have a few requests, If they can't be changed is there a way I can just remove them from the mod via def file?

1. Rain sounds like water pouring from pipe onto flat rock, much too loud on my system (high end speakers)

2. Birds singing at night, seems unrealistic except for owls. Should not be able to hear them even in the day in the cab unless you use a roll down window feature.

3. Although being able to hear the other vehicles is the reason I use your mod most of them are still a bit too loud. Again to me sounds like I have the window rolled down. Maybe you could add a console command like wind and wheel noise. s_set_traffic_noise x.x

Thanks again. PS I know it's difficult to balance levels due to varying speaker quality. A laptop with tiny speakers will sound totally different from an amplified set w/bassbox that's why I think the console idea is a good option.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.

Return to “Sound”