Sound Fixes Pack v24.11 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR16 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v17.39 - ATS + ETS2 - 2017MAY28

#651 Post by Drive Safely » 28 May 2017 09:47

Some other news I forgot to mention: The "Realistic Traffic Mod" by therealone for ATS which was recently released is also compatible with the Sound Fixes Pack AI Traffic sound range plugin (allows sound of AI traffic to be heard further away).
If you're interested try it out. :)

@S7R4N63R - No problem!
Frachti

#652 Post by Frachti » 28 May 2017 11:16

Awesome and great news about what´s coming up with the russian traffic. Saved safely my day, mate. :D

best regards
i7-6700k@4.0GHz, 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile1:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64
Profile2:Promods beta testing
cip

#653 Post by cip » 28 May 2017 13:14

@Drive Safely: thank you for the great sound pack that you update constantly, would be amazing to have different sounds for all jazzycat range of vehicles present in the game. anyway the russian trucks sounds is a very good direction and I am sure that russian community could help in finding nice sounds. the slow vehicle in ROS would need also an updated sound (it's too loud and cut at the end)
as for the changes I was saying some time ago, here are my changes for personal use (all related to truck noises):
- damaged_int_gears (13 ogg files), I noticed that the game chose randomly these files and their numbers do not necessary correspond with the respective gear number. therefore I removed those that don't sound nice when wrongly changing gears and I kept only 3 of them which I multiplied to have 13 in total (just to be sure I won't have any missing errors later in game). also I increased volume in common_sound_int_data.sui up to 2.0
- replaced the rumblestripe.ogg with a more natural sound
- replaced asphalt_int_03.ogg with a less noisy one.
- changed wind_inside_int_1.ogg as fast_wind.ogg and added another wind_inside_int_1.ogg file, less noisy

unfortunately I don't remember the source where I found these replacements sounds but if you want I can send them to you via email (PM)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Drive Safely

#654 Post by Drive Safely » 29 May 2017 04:46

@cipinho - Okay, check PM. :) About ROS, I haven't checked their AI traffic, but I will get to it and see if I can improve their sound.

@Frachti - Thanks. It's been in the backlog for quite some time. I've already modded a few of the Russian vehicles but still there's quite a bit left to go. :)
m1keY

#655 Post by m1keY » 29 May 2017 17:06

getting better with every update, I loved the sound of that Renault truck, me using the open window now it sounds ok :P

love the specific AI sounds , porsche turned out ok, but I noticed there were some more porschemodels inside the mods, you can't have them all ( but one can wish ) :D

just passed by the lamborghini on the highway and I almost **** my pants .... a-e-s-w-m-o-e sound :mrgreen:

not sure if sounds from SpinTires could help, haven't checked them, but there are some russian vehicles :geek:
JESAN

#656 Post by JESAN » 29 May 2017 20:28

@DriveSafely
Heartful thanks to you DS for your mod, I can't do without. ;)

Just a question about compatibily with the trucks Soundpack_drholz :

Your mod has higher priority on his but I don't have any suspension noise both in and outside cab (when rolling on a bump or passing a railway track for instance).

What could I change to have your sounds (they're nicer hehe) ?

Ps : did you give the ZIL 130 the original gasoline v8 engine sound or the diesel that was mounted later on it ?
Drive Safely

#657 Post by Drive Safely » 30 May 2017 08:19

@m1keY - Haha the Lamborghini likes to make its presence known. :lol: Sounds for the other Porsche's are in the project backlog for now. I try to keep the sounds unique for each model.

@JESAN - Original V8. And drholz's sound mod is completely standalone (same with Vasily EVR's) so it uses whatever sounds are specified in their truck engine sound definitions.

To get my suspension sounds you need to edit drholz's mod replace the suspension definitions with mine.

Suspension unit declarations are found in def/vehicle/truck/common_sound_int.sui and the suspension sound definitions are in def/vehicle/truck/common_sound_int_data.sui in my mod.
cip

#658 Post by cip » 30 May 2017 09:14

some time ago I've found the necessary patience to tweak the individual sound mods for my favourite trucks in which I always ensure that the line
@include "/def/vehicle/truck/common_sound_int_data.sui" is not missing. also I removed all the common sound lines from the individual sound mods otherwise game crashes ;) so now all common sounds are generated by Drive Safely's great mod and individual sound of each truck by their respective sound mods :mrgreen:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
AlexeyP

#659 Post by AlexeyP » 30 May 2017 09:29

Thanks for the update, Drive Safely! Excellent work as always. ;)
Retired modder
JESAN

#660 Post by JESAN » 30 May 2017 17:17

Thanks for the tips but it doesn't work
@DriveSafely
I want to keep only the engine sounds from drholz - I suppose both mods are not compatible (enabled together = no exterior suspension sound at all) ?

@Cipinho

I always got this message when I try to type the "@include ...." line : expecting unit name or closing brakets found '@'
I have the same issue when trying to edit cargoes list though everything looks ok (so I copy an existing one and change what's in it and it works)
I wonder if it something with the keyboard keys I use.

Return to “Sound”