UK Truck Simulator

hippo

UK Truck Simulator

#1 Post by hippo » 16 Apr 2013 15:08

I am interested in UK Truck Simulator.

I was thinking of buying it to help support SCS, and also to get more details UK roads to drive on (German one interests me too for that reason).

I noticed here there is a forum for the game, but no posts. Is there an active community for this game anywhere? Has anyone got it, and what are your thoughts on it?

I am sorry to post it here, I know its the wrong place, but where to go to talk to users of this title?

Thank you.
hippo

Re: UK Truck Simulator

#2 Post by hippo » 16 Apr 2013 16:20

I just watches some youtube videos, and its obvious this is the engine from two years ago. And the maps are not more detailed, in fact they look identical. So no real point going backwards then.
celestra

#3 Post by celestra » 16 Apr 2013 19:36

Its an earlier version of truck driving and to be honest the graphics and controls are nowhere near as good as they are now with ETS .

ScS made a good job of it at the time but ETS2 is a much better game .

I would get Ets2 as if you look around you will quite possibly get it as cheap as UKTS is .

I tried UKTS once more after installing ETS2 and then promptly uninstalled it .

If you want other truck sims by ScS that are almost as new as ETS2 then look for Scania Truck Driving and also Trucks and Trailors
DocMoriarty

#4 Post by DocMoriarty » 16 Apr 2013 22:08

The base of ETS2 are the maps from GTS/Austria and UKTS. There is absolutely no point to going back to one of those two games.
Ton_majstor

#5 Post by Ton_majstor » 17 Apr 2013 08:37

Moved here, on purpose.
'ел немам?
"Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand"
Не чини себи идола нити каква лика, немој им се клањати нити им служити...
hippo

#6 Post by hippo » 19 Apr 2013 09:48

Ton_majstor wrote:Moved here, on purpose.
Roger, sorry for miss posting. I forget who I am as much as where I am sometimes :)
hippo

#7 Post by hippo » 19 Apr 2013 09:51

DocMoriarty wrote:The base of ETS2 are the maps from GTS/Austria and UKTS. There is absolutely no point to going back to one of those two games.
There is a point, if the sale from SCSSoft goes to the developer. I like these small independents and I am all for helping them with a sale I can afford. I am new to this series, and I like what I see. I have downloaded the demo, I might look at it at the weekend. But that makes less time for ets2 ;)
Scaniabebe

#8 Post by Scaniabebe » 20 Apr 2013 12:30

Not much point; as the UK Truck Simulator Game is now out-dated and the Modding Community has dies out...
Try Euro Truck Simulator 2, as said before, the German/Austrian and UK Maps are featured in this game; and because it's a recent release, new Updates and more Mod Support as well as DLC is/soon to be available.
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...
David Paterson

#9 Post by David Paterson » 20 May 2021 06:39

I recently purchased ETS 1, as my very old PC wont run ETS 2. Is there any point getting UKTS? Is it better or worse or same as ETS 1?
Reinhard

#10 Post by Reinhard » 20 May 2021 09:33

Never had UKTS, but I bought GTS (German Truck Simulator), which is from the same time, more or less. Siblings. Both games were known to be more demanding than ETS 1.

My PC then handled ETS 1 just fine, but I could never play GTS with halfway decent graphics settings. Nor did I expect it. I skipped it for playing. My main intent for buying it was to cannibalize GTS models for own, personal ETS 1 mods.

Return to “UK Truck Simulator”