Game Will Not Run Fullscreen [SOLVED]

tangles

Game Will Not Run Fullscreen [SOLVED]

#1 Post by tangles » 20 Apr 2017 20:03

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit "Creator's Update" and I noticed today (after Steam applied an update to ATS) that the game will not run in fullscreen, despite me having it configured in the options. It also doesn't run in fullscreen if I start the game in safe mode.

The game appears to be running in a borderless window of some sort and not centered. I'm not sure how to fix this. I do not have "Game Mode" enabled (Windows 10 new feature) for the game and I've never seen this happen before. Last time I played the game was before the Creators Update was installed.

Screenshot attached shows what it looks like when I launch the game. It happens before I load any profile so it doesn't seem to be profile-specific. You will notice that there are no options for the Resolution pull-down menu at all.
ATS_fullscreen_bug.jpg
ATS_fullscreen_bug.jpg (100.3 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
tangles

Re: Game Will Not Run Fullscreen

#2 Post by tangles » 20 Apr 2017 20:24

I ashamed that I forgot Rule #1 of PC troubleshooting: When in doubt, reboot.

A reboot fixed the issue for me. Something was definitely off for sure though, because before I rebooted I fired up Rocket League and got an error "your graphics card doesnt support alpha blending..."

It appeared as if Windows wasn't using the video card drivers correctly. Very odd. I've never seen that before.

Anyhow, after a reboot Rocket League and ATS are back to normal again. Phew!

Return to “Bugs 1.6”