UI changes in 1.6 (request/modding related)

g10stpd

UI changes in 1.6 (request/modding related)

#1 Post by g10stpd » 07 Mar 2017 13:47

For quite a while now, many people have used interface mods for a more immersive experience, such as Hemil's Route Advisor Mod. I had created my own, similar to Hemil's mod, and shared on Steam Workshop for ATS and ETS2. It is called 'minimal adviser interface for ATS & ETS2'. The mods are desired for a minimal interface that increases immersion. The main functionality is to be able to hide the default GPS UI (F3 toggle) to utilize the in-dash GPS, while still retaining some information feedback, such as speed, money, gear and the notification line. As of today, just of my own lesser known mod for ATS, there are over 3500 current subscribers. With 9600 players of ATS in the past 2 weeks, you can see the demand for the more immersive interface is there.

With the current 1.6 beta, these mods are broken due to not being able to move 'map.scene' data from adviser_map.sii to adviser.sii. I have spent hours trying to work different solutions out, even so far as to rebuild the mod from scratch. My current best solution is to create two mods. One will have a GPS UI and the other will keep the GPS UI hidden. I do not like this solution as it's definitely a step backwards.

My request is that if functionality similar to what we've seen up to ATS 1.5 cannot be retained, then please create a similar UI option in the base game. Currently, F3 is a three way toggle: full adviser, mini adviser, and off. A four way toggle would be a great addition with the option of just a small line at the bottom of the screen with data readouts for money, damage, speed, gear, fuel, fatigue, mail, time, eta and the running information line.

Thank you for creating such great games. SCS is a top-notch team and I look forward to every patch you guys put out. Keep up the great work!
Max
SCS Software

Re: UI changes in 1.6 (request/modding related)

#2 Post by Max » 07 Mar 2017 14:11

could you post me link to such mod?
we optimized element cache on adviser to prevent locked unused memory and rendering of invisible things (such as things on different page).
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
g10stpd

Re: UI changes in 1.6 (request/modding related)

#4 Post by g10stpd » 07 Mar 2017 15:16

Max, here's a link to my mod on workshop for ATS: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =718961487

Edit 3-9-17: Looks like the latest beta resolves this issue. Thank you SCS!! :D

Return to “Bugs 1.6”