Peterbilt 389 dash & controls issues [36838]

San_Sany4

Peterbilt 389 dash & controls issues [36838]

#1 Post by San_Sany4 » 08 Mar 2017 01:35

I'm going to refer to Peterbilt Conventional Trucks Operator's Manual ("Manual" later in text). I never drove 389 or seen it myself. Maybe there's changes since this manual release (but knowing american truck industry it's unlikely), but some of the issues can be considered bugs regardless.

First, gauges.

[ external image ]

These are major in my opinion:

1. Engine coolant thermometer's reading is not consistent with display. Also, it indicates overheat: according to Manual, p. 38, the maximum allowing temperature is 210 °F.

2. Trailer air supply manometer is showing pressure higher than in both truck's primary and secondary air systems.

Those are minor, and I could be wrong with them:

3. Looking at the unit of measurement — in. H2O, gauge, and reading — 7 in. H2O —, and according to Manual, p. 41 this could be air filter restriction gauge. If it's the fuel filter gauge indeed, according to Google images, its reading should be less than it's now.

4. I didn't find the way to make this gauge work. It seems to be connected to air system, but it's always shows 0 psi, no matter what I try. I didn't find it in Manual either.

5. Didn't find these in Manual, either. My best guess it's manometers for air springs. Nothing wrong, but a bit confusing.

Second, switches.

[ external image ]

1. Ignition key isn't turning.

2. ID and Clearance lights switch is used for turning headlamps on instead of Headlamps switch.

3. ID and Clearance lights switch don't have backlight (either orange "on" or gray "off") in the middle state:

[ external image ]

Third, High Beams switch animations. It's working wrong. Now it's "pull for flash, push for turn on, it stays, and pull for turn off". According to Manual, p. 45–46, it should be "push for flash, pull for turn on, it returns, and pull for turn off".

How switch should work:
[ external image ]

How flash should work:
[ external image ]

Also, according to Manual, if the high beam lights are on, "flash" dim the lights. Now it does nothing. I don't know if it's possible to implement but I hope it is, and it should work like this:
[ external image ]

Game version is 1.6.0.7. No mods, clear profile, blah blah, etc.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.
notatrucker

Re: Peterbilt 389 dash & controls issues

#2 Post by notatrucker » 08 Mar 2017 08:49

I was doing a bit of that kind of snooping earlier. Seems the brakes don't heat up no matter how fast or long long you hold them. I've never been able to get a clear shot of all the switches like that; lots of 3rd parties have turning keys, moving jake switches etc. Maybe we'll see them for the 389/w9 some day.
Loutis

Re: Peterbilt 389 dash & controls issues

#3 Post by Loutis » 08 Mar 2017 14:26

Thanks, great report !

[36838]
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad."
Elon Musk

Tesla & SpaceX fanboy. Carefully optimistic about Mars colonisation.

Return to “Bugs 1.6”