Sign board [37432]

Boy

Sign board [37432]

#1 Post by Boy » 24 Mar 2017 23:13

Game version:(1.6.1.3s)
; [24/03/2017 20:08] (sec-0025+0006);-98029.8;16.6295;24257.9;-0.000532929;0.0748997
Attachments
bug_20170324_200842_-98030_17_24258.jpg
bug_20170324_200842_-98030_17_24258.jpg (77.12 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
WarthogCC

Re: Sign board

#2 Post by WarthogCC » 25 Mar 2017 10:24

You need to post descriptions along with your bugs or they will not be considered. A simple screenshot and coordinates is not enough.
Boy

#3 Post by Boy » 25 Mar 2017 19:33

That's always how I did it.
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 25 Mar 2017 23:54

I agree with WarthogCC, I've told you the same thing before, remember? You need to follow the Bug Reporting Process for all SCS titles.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Boy

#5 Post by Boy » 26 Mar 2017 02:20

Where did I go wrong with the bug?
I always did it that way.
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Mar 2017 02:35

I know you have always done it that way. And I've already told you what you need to do. We ask everyone to do this. I don't understand why you won't do it.
Axel Slingerland wrote:You need to follow the Bug Reporting Process...
Read this part in particular:
Unco wrote:Your Report should include:
- screenshot with minimap
- description of bug
- version of game
- 32bit or 64bit
- reproducibility (once, sometimes, always)
- very importantly, the game.log.txt, found in your Documents folder where the ETS2 profile is stored (on Windows this is usually My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\ , and may appear abbreviated to "game.log" where on Linux and OS X the logs are found at "~/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/" ). Post the contents of this using the [ code ] tag. (Remove the spaces in [ code ], Ax.) If it's too long to fit, you can use http://pastebin.com/ instead, and paste the link here.
- if the bug resulted in a crash of ETS2, then also post the game.crash.txt, found in the same folder. (However, try updating your video drivers first - this can often help.)
- do not post a list of different bugs within the same topic or add different bugs (not inc different locations of same bug) to existing bug topics, it is easier for the Devs to track when they are each in there own post.
Edit 9/16/2018: This post and one below contain corrections due to a CODE tag error in a quote. I apologize for these errors. Ax
[ external image ]

Boy

#7 Post by Boy » 26 Mar 2017 02:50

The plate is slightly above the ground.
A little below the ground he has to be
Game version:(1.6.1.3s) (64-bit)

; [25/03/2017 23:42] (sec-0025+0006);-98030.2;16.5225;24255.3;-2.91848;0.0691214

Is it so?
Attachments
bug_20170325_234212_-98030_17_24255.jpg
bug_20170325_234212_-98030_17_24255.jpg (77.62 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Mar 2017 07:35

Did you read what Unco wrote? It appears that you did not, as your "bug report example" is still not "complete". But whatever... None of the things he said you should include are mandatory. The "guidelines" are not Forum Rules, they're just suggestions the Forum Staff came up with to help the Devs get the information they need about bugs.

Now if these were in fact Forum Rules, I would be telling you as a Moderator that you should follow them. If you will recall the few times I have said to you that you should, I did not say you had to. Just that you should. In fact, I have never spoken to you as a Moderator.

So I'm not speaking as a Moderator, just as another member of the forum. In the end I actually don't care that you don't follow the guidelines. I just don't understand why you don't, because it isn't that difficult. It would really help the Devs if you would, but nobody is going to force you to. At least, I won't.
[ external image ]

Boy

#9 Post by Boy » 26 Mar 2017 11:25

"game.log"
Is this what's missing? Because I'm seeing the (game.log) people post and I do not see that I'm wrong if it's the bugs I do not know how to put this already I tried

I already came yes "Unco"

2) in game, line up your screenshot and press SHIFT+F11
3) write your bug text, then click on REPORT SCR
4) open bugs.txt in the ETS2 folder, there you will find your text with coordinates
5) in the Screenshot folder, you will find png file to use with your report.

I'm doing the best I can I do not want to be better than anyone if in scs software forum has a rule I want to compress it.
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

Axel Slingerland

#10 Post by Axel Slingerland » 27 Mar 2017 10:31

If I explain this to you again, and you still don't do it, I'm not going to waste time with it anymore. Because I have told you this several times now. If you don't understand what I'm saying, it's useless to keep repeating the same thing over and over.

In Unco's post about the Guidelines he wrote:
Unco wrote:Your Report should include:
- screenshot with minimap
- description of bug
- version of game
- 32bit or 64bit
- reproducibility (once, sometimes, always)
- very importantly, the game.log.txt, found in your Documents folder where the ETS2 profile is stored (on Windows this is usually My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\ , and may appear abbreviated to "game.log" where on Linux and OS X the logs are found at "~/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/" ). Post the contents of this using the [ code ] tag. (Remove the spaces.) If it's too long to fit, you can use http://pastebin.com/ instead, and paste the link here.
- if the bug resulted in a crash of ETS2, then also post the game.crash.txt, found in the same folder. (However, try updating your video drivers first - this can often help.)
- do not post a list of different bugs within the same topic or add different bugs (not inc different locations of same bug) to existing bug topics, it is easier for the Devs to track when they are each in there own post
Now let's break down the key points of that, line by line:

- screenshot with minimap You usually include this.
- description of bug You usually do not include this, and you should. Your descriptions are usually either vague or you don't write one at all, and you seem to rely on the screenshot to explain what ever you are reporting.
- version of game You usually include this.
- 32bit or 64bit You usually do not include this, and you should. For ATS this isn't crucial, as the 32bit version is unsupported. But when you post bug reports for ETS2, it is important. If you don't know whether your computer is 32bit of 64bit, and you're running windows, you can find this information in the Control Panel > Device Manager.
- reproducibility (once, sometimes, always) You usually do not include this, and you should. If this only happens once, it's a momentary glitch, not a bug. So this is important.
- very importantly, the game.log.txt... You usually do not include this, and you should. Even if you don't think it's necessary, there is information in the game.log.txt that the Devs understand more than anyone else.
- if the bug resulted in a crash of ETS2, then also post the game.crash.txt You usually do not include this, and you should. Just like the game.log.txt file, there is information in the crash.log.txt file that the Devs understand more than anyone else.

So why do I bother telling you this? Because you are one of the most prolific Bug Reporters here, based on a post by post ratio. As of this post you have 249 posts, and most of them are either Bug Reports, or comments about them. You notice things most people breeze right by. So it's clear you have an eye for detail. And this is why I am confused that you do not follow the Guidelines after so many requests to do so. Not just by me but other people, as you will recall, in this thread I was agreeing with WarthogCC.

Everyone here knows you post these Bug Reports to help the Dev's with the game. So why not take it a few steps farther and include all the information Unco requested? You may not think so, but it would be helpful.

Edit 9/16/2018: This post and one above contain corrections due to a CODE tag error in a quote. I apologize for these errors. Ax
[ external image ]

Return to “Bugs 1.6”