[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

Stuferus

Re: SCS Blog discussion

#6281 Post by Stuferus » 24 Jun 2016 18:15

Congrats to the british/english for the successful brexit.

lets hope more come after your example :)
ohaha

#6282 Post by ohaha » 24 Jun 2016 18:37

The game isn't fortunately called "European Union Truck Simulator"
dude, I just said that on facebook, like one hour ago, without reading the steam post... :shock:
Retired, but still loving it.
Aves

#6283 Post by Aves » 24 Jun 2016 18:43

But Switzerland and Norway isn't in EU. :D
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#6284 Post by Mohegan13 » 24 Jun 2016 18:48

Conspiracy theory time... Ohaha is in fact Timmy! :o
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Axel Slingerland

#6285 Post by Axel Slingerland » 24 Jun 2016 21:54

And now the Texans are seeing the news of the UK leaving the EU, and they're thinking "Texit"... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Rayman1230

#6287 Post by Rayman1230 » 25 Jun 2016 01:12

Well as the New States threads' that pop up have proven, the ATS player community cannot agree on which State should be done next.

Some want New Mexico, some want Oregon because theres actually trees not just sand. And some want that missing Lego piece that is Utah filled in, with its 4 whole speculated cities.

Hopefully the 389 comes with the re-scale. That will buy them some time with most of the community so they can make some more stuff in peace. Well, unless the re-scale becomes Arizona II: The Trolls Return. :lol:

Some people say that they released ATS too early. Fact of the matter is, sometimes in business you need to take a risk. Need to spend some money to make money. I suppose that the demand for it mixed with the fact they wanted to see how it would do, convinced them to release early. It was a risk, but it clearly has paid off. Especially if they are expanding the dev team. That wont exactly mean faster releases. It will mean more quality though I think.
natvander
SCS Software

#6288 Post by natvander » 25 Jun 2016 02:19

This is excellent news. Something I'm happy to wait for.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
SabR

#6289 Post by SabR » 25 Jun 2016 04:40

Rayman1230 wrote:Some people say that they released ATS too early........
IMO, yes! the risk has paid off. If ATS' launch were to be delayed by another year & SCS would have added another 4-5 states at 1:35 scale, it'd have been a big disaster. Major issues like small map scale, intersections, smaller on/off ramps, time fly-by, etc. would have still cropped up & it would have been a nightmare for SCS to fix it then (7-8 states). This would have adversely affected the rest of the paid DLCs, the route SCS plans to take, as there would have been less takers. ATS could have set SCS back financially, emotionally.

Good news is, that didn't happen. The re-scale is the best decision SCS has taken this year. Looking at how AZ was built, ATS mappers & 3D artists, now have more freedom & space to showcase their skills.

Moh1336 wrote:Conspiracy theory time... Ohaha is in fact Timmy! :o
ohaha, the duck thief? :shock:
Driver080

#6290 Post by Driver080 » 25 Jun 2016 12:49

I really hope they make the added roads in the rescale have more realistic corners. Ever since early ETS2, the corners are just too sharp. The same in ATS. It's only driveable due to the watered down physics.

The pro mods autobahns are a good example of what a motorway/freeway/interstate should look like. Lots of straight, and long gentle corners and hills.

That back road from Bakersfield towards Barstow, which looks like a roller coaster, nobody would EVER build a road like that
Is it too much to ask to have the vanilla SCS companies on the AI truck traffic???

What is the point of choosing a company name and logo when it's not used in the game???

In 20 years of trucking IRL I've never reversed a tanker onto a dock

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”