Re: SCS Blog discussion

#9951 Post by SilvaTrucker » 25 Mar 2017 15:08

That's funny. :lol: :lol:
natvander
SCS Software

#9952 Post by natvander » 25 Mar 2017 21:47

SiSL wrote:If he wears the tux on the avatar, then may be :D
Ha ha ha :lol: (you really should check my alter-ego out - Google 'Poida' and watch him on Youtube. That was before he became an internationally acclaimed actor). Yes I have a 144mhz monitor and my system is...up to the task. I don't think I've worn a tux since my wedding 15 years ago. In fact I don't remember the last time I wore a tie.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Solo_Kamen

#9953 Post by Solo_Kamen » 27 Mar 2017 07:35

just a little obvious thing about last update... CPU is still a bottleneck but not so much. My graphics card is finally under pressue :D
Ilmiont

#9954 Post by Ilmiont » 27 Mar 2017 12:25

I've also seen some performance improvements on my Eyefinity/A10-7850K/R9 270X/Medium settings. Haven't played much ETS2 yet, but ATS seems to be supporting a more stable framerate. Less dips and cities much smoother. Still not what I'd like, but then my hardware isn't exactly high-end at the best of times, especially with Eyefinity. It's playable now though - seems the improved models have lifted load from CPU so it can concentrate on AI traffic in cities.

Something else - what does the WoTR connection for map DLCs do? Not sure what this link achieves...
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
nIGhT-SoN

#9955 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 27 Mar 2017 13:59

On the main map it runs pretty well, but in Scandinavia still runs half fps here. On the main map I have like 56-60fps and with the same settings I get 35-37 max on Scandinavia. Maybe not all models have been converted.
BlackBloodRum

#9956 Post by BlackBloodRum » 27 Mar 2017 14:09

Well, if they hadn't been updated the game would be throwing warnings all over the place.

For the most part the update to new pmd format for SCS and modders is nothing more than to simply recompile the mods/game files using the pmd/pmg compiler

You don't even have to edit your pit files, just recompile or as some would say "convert" but it's more of a compile than a convert as a convert indicates you did nothing more than change the contents of the file to use a different format, where a compile indicates a file was used as a source file and "compiled" into a binary file. Which is what their (conversion tools) tools are doing

So basically when you update any of them as soon as you compile it that's it, it's using the new format.

So chances are high that all of SCS ones are already in new format as they would of been recompiled before release (they probably mass-recompile everything anyway during each release, like most other games).
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
Murph

#9957 Post by Murph » 27 Mar 2017 14:13

nIGhT-SoN wrote:On the main map it runs pretty well, but in Scandinavia still runs half fps here. …
That's more likely a symptom of you having set the graphics preferences a little bit too high for your system. The highest settings require a very high end system. The original parts of the ETS2 map are significantly lower detail than Scandinavia and France, so not at all surprising that they run at a higher rate. Going East is slightly higher detail than original, but not quite so noticeable as Scandinavia and newer.

On the other hand, the mark 1 eyeball and optic processing system behind it has automatic filters which make 24–30 fps upwards feel perfectly smooth, if you just relax and don't obsess over frame rate. So, either turn your prefs down, or relax a little.
BlackBloodRum

#9958 Post by BlackBloodRum » 27 Mar 2017 14:17

Murph wrote:On the other hand, the mark 1 eyeball and optic processing system behind it has automatic filters which make 25–30 fps upwards feel perfectly smooth, if you just relax and don't obsess over frame rate. So, either turn your prefs down, or relax a little.
While that may be true, I have a Mk II Eyeball released in 1991 which notices anything below 30fps instantly even if FPS counter is disabled :-/
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
SiSL
SCS Software

#9959 Post by SiSL » 27 Mar 2017 14:28

I also noticed if you have nVidia Experience thing installed, it was also dropping framerate
nIGhT-SoN

#9960 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 27 Mar 2017 14:53

Murph wrote:That's more likely a symptom of you having set the graphics preferences a little bit too high for your system. The highest settings require a very high end system. The original parts of the ETS2 map are significantly lower detail than Scandinavia and France, so not at all surprising that they run at a higher rate. Going East is slightly higher detail than original, but not quite so noticeable as Scandinavia and newer.

On the other hand, the mark 1 eyeball and optic processing system behind it has automatic filters which make 24–30 fps upwards feel perfectly smooth, if you just relax and don't obsess over frame rate. So, either turn your prefs down, or relax a little.
The thing is even if I lower the graphics I get the same fps. Maybe 2-4 more fps.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”