[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

Cadde

Re: SCS Blog discussion

#9571 Post by Cadde » 20 Feb 2017 00:09

CARL1992 wrote:nvidia made an SLI profile for ETS2 so they have a kind of partnership. I dont think SCS has the tools or knowledge to implement the Profile themselves in to something they dont have the source code for
That's because users set up profiles for various games with their SLI and submit them for review. The most commonly submitted configuration is then included in NVidia's releases.
Sure, one of those users may be SCS and they may have contacted NVidia to push their own profile because they know what works best for their own game but it's pretty much a one way street. NVidia doesn't come up with these themselves as it would be a monstrous task.
EvgenKo423 wrote:...
But they're unlikely to release drivers that's broken that much and in case of driver problems it will likely affect all of your games. Make sure you've restarted your PC after update, without that they don't initialize properly.
Yes, if other DX9 games work then technically speaking, SCS's games should work too. But SCS has some unique approaches in their engine that few others have. So it is still theoretically possible to have a configuration that works in all other games BUT SCS's games.

The only caveat being, if you have a certain hardware and driver configuration that simply will not work then the same can be said for anyone else with that same hardware and driver configuration. Everything else is just people with BAD configurations. Broken hardware of misconfigured/corrupt drivers.
On extended hiatus.
Wolfpig

#9572 Post by Wolfpig » 20 Feb 2017 11:48

CARL1992 wrote:with the new drivers you dont need a restart the older ones would say that you need to restart your PC so the drivers would take effect, but the newer ones dont need it anymore
That is not true.
Dependend on the driver update etc. it can ask for a restart....it does not ask often, but the last driver update asked if i want to restart the pc now or later ;)
xXCARL1992Xx

#9573 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 Feb 2017 17:25

sind 370.XX or so the driver from nVidia NEVER asked me to restart after installation if i deinstall the old driver yes but if i install the new driver the system restarts the GUI and nothing more

i dont know if this is a Windows 10 think or not but i didnt restart once, but i dont even update the driver because of issues with ETS2 i still have 376.53
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#9574 Post by Mohegan13 » 20 Feb 2017 17:28

Same, maybe it is a Win10 thing. I tend to skip many updates, the last one I had was released in October but decided to update yesterday to the latest. No reboot required.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
EvgenKo423

#9575 Post by EvgenKo423 » 20 Feb 2017 17:59

CARL1992 wrote:with the new drivers you dont need a restart the older ones would say that you need to restart your PC so the drivers would take effect, but the newer ones dont need it anymore
Yes, it doesn't ask you to restart, but you have to anyway.
The last time I was messing up with different video drivers I installed one of them, no restart was asked. After that I wanted to test FPS impact of changing drivers, just to be sure it doesn't get worse. I started ETS2 and guess what? After I pressed a Drive button the game world began to draw slowly in front of my eyes starting with an empty space and I've got about 15 FPS! :P
Then I restarted my PC and everything went back to normal. ;)
xXCARL1992Xx

#9576 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 Feb 2017 19:27

EVERY driver asks for a restart because of the Kernel integration (i think dont know how deep drivers go in the System) so if the nvidia drivers doesn't ask it it doesn't need it

i never hat any drops from grafiks driver updates without restart and there isn't a gain either because the drivers can make so much difference
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Anna K

#9577 Post by Anna K » 21 Feb 2017 09:52

Since my last post I have re-installed both games and have 60 fps again and no crashes anymore.
I'ma keep my game vanilla because by the time I progress enough to buy my own truck, hopefully a new [open-beta] update will have come out.
Dan

#9578 Post by Dan » 21 Feb 2017 15:48

Having a 148MB update for ETS,anyone knows what is it?
Dan

#9580 Post by Dan » 21 Feb 2017 16:02

Well,compatibility with what??

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”