[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

thebigbadonion

Re: SCS Blog discussion

#9171 Post by thebigbadonion » 11 Jan 2017 12:16

I've never fully understood that either. My guess is simple corporate red tape, especially when it comes to giving out something like that. If it is availaible its probably easier (and quicker) to just get a truck and scan it :lol: Look how long it takes them to even get approval to add a vehicle in to the game. Look how long it took Michelin to agree to let them use their damn tires. Corporations can be weird, and very Bureaucratic. The people with the authority to allow a license likely aren't the same people who can authroize that. Then there's the legal team. So getting hold of proper design documents will probably literally take years.
rookie_one

#9172 Post by rookie_one » 11 Jan 2017 14:10

True enough

In comparison, just look at Renault (Range T is probably complete, just waiting for approval from Renault Management) and Volvo (VNL is certainly completed, again waiting for Volvo Management).

Scania and PACCAR are probably the only 2 companies who don't have any problems doing licensing with SCS, all the others seems to be troublesome (with the worse offender being Freightliner/Mercedes-Benz)
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#9174 Post by Mohegan13 » 11 Jan 2017 14:20

They must have read this topic before posting the last sentence:
We are sitting on several 99%-complete vehicles for both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, however the approval process may get quite complicated and protracted. Keep your fingers crossed!

Given that we know they have the Mercedes Actros SLT is (maybe) coming, part of me wants to hope that that includes something from Daimler-Benz in the US territory. But I am probably dreaming.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
SiSL
SCS Software

#9175 Post by SiSL » 11 Jan 2017 14:25

And I'm glad they mentioned this too:
(The Demo Centre map has later been exported from our game and imported into the well-known ProMods mod for ETS2, so many people may know the testing circuit only from there, or even consider it a creation of the ProMods guys.)
Karl_est

#9176 Post by Karl_est » 11 Jan 2017 14:49

So awesome, I hope that Scania S will be made with great quality. It does not matter how long it takes, as long as the final result is great.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#9177 Post by Mohegan13 » 11 Jan 2017 14:54

I'm wondering if the S will be a different truck to the R or if they will do it like cab sizes.

Personally I really want to see them offer multiple options. Plastic grill, painted grill, grill with the lights at the top etc.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Yukine

#9178 Post by Yukine » 11 Jan 2017 15:01

I wonder if the MG dlc will be adapted for the new series.
I also wonder if the new models will have a greater polycount than the current models, which is bad for me, with my pc.

Nice addition, the small sentence that summarize the current projects state. :mrgreen:
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
SabR

#9179 Post by SabR » 11 Jan 2017 15:20

Moh1336 wrote:Personally I really want to see them offer multiple options. Plastic grill, painted grill, grill with the lights at the top etc.
^^ This!
My mod folder is gradually shrinking, thanks to SCS's continued efforts. Along with the trucks, I hope SCS also focuses on the accessories. Those old roof lights, roof & bottom bars definitely need more love just like the tyres (love how SCS remade them for the Michelin pack). If not yet, I wish SCS asks for KELSA's "license & registration" too. :lol: :mrgreen:

Bruno_G wrote: I also wonder if the new models will have a greater polycount than the current models, which is bad for me, with my pc.
I hope they raise the count where needed but knowing SCS they won't increase it to such a level where players like yourself would experience massive drop in performance.
LeafeonGold

#9180 Post by LeafeonGold » 11 Jan 2017 15:31

Moh1336 wrote:I'm wondering if the S will be a different truck to the R or if they will do it like cab sizes.

Personally I really want to see them offer multiple options. Plastic grill, painted grill, grill with the lights at the top etc.
I'm actually still looking up differences between the two ranges, they both have two cabs (normal and highline), lights on the cab are an option on both, lights on the grill are an option on both, they have the same chassis options, though, i've seen different headlights on the two models, and the S-range is supposed to have a flat floor in the cab, otherwise, I don't know many of the differences.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”